We checked in for a 3 night stay after a 10 hour drive late & walked into the lobby to be greeted with a sign saying the attendant was busy but would return. About 5 minutes later & now 2 people in line behind me he shows up & has a hard time checking me in. Asking for my information & sliding my card twice, which I will be watching my statement for. Regardless, we finally get to our room which was clean & comfortable.
First morning the kids eat & want to go to the pool, it's around 11 and we walk in and there is a maintenance guy cleaning the pool. He told is we would have to wait for him to finish before the kids could swim. Not sure why the cleaning didn't take place while the pool was closed. And there were never clean pool towels in the pool area. The basket was always full of used wet towels. Went to the front desk to ask for some one time & we were told they didn't have any clean! They didn't even offer us regular towels just acted like "oh well."
Our last night we went to the front desk and asked for clean wash cloths, we neglected to have our room made up that day, and we were told that there weren't any. Another one of this hotels "oh well" moments.
Breakfast bar was lacking, had different things each morning but nothing to write home about.
The thermostat in our room was broken, did not work at all. So we relied solely on the under the window unit that each room has & it didn't work either. At one point I set it to 54 degrees and I guarantee the room was 80 degrees and it just kept blowing the heat. I finally turned it off & never turned it back on.
Our room was above the main heating & air units that were outside the hotel & they made noise every night. Pretty sure one of the units was locked up and malfunctioning from all the noises that we heard.
This hotel was spectacularly clean! That is my only plus! This is a chain hotel & they don't have enough towels or wash cloths? It was definitely not worth the $139 a night I paid and on my next visit will check the Hampton Inn next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Variety and Convenience at Our Auburn Hills Hotel The Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Auburn Hills, is 10 miles from Oakland County Int'l Airport (PTK), and offers a free shuttle anywhere within five miles of the hotel, except DTE or The Palace. This suburban Auburn Hills hotel near Metro Detroit, offers activities from shopping at the neighboring Great Lakes Crossing Mall to watching a Detroit Pistons game at The Palace. You'll find something new to do every season, such as splashing away the summer heat at Waterford Oaks Water Park, just three miles away. During the winter you can go skiing at Pine Knob just five miles from our Auburn Hills lodging. Our hotel near Metro Detroit is conveniently located for business travelers, with the corporate headquarters of companies such as Guardian, GM, Continental and Chrysler within five miles of the hotel. Crittenton Hospital is only seven miles from our Auburn Hills hotel. If corporate guests need to host a meeting, we offer two rooms that they can utilize, as well as a 24-hour business center. Our Auburn Hills accommodations offer wonderful amenities such as free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access, and a complimentary hot breakfast bar. Take time out to relax in our heated, indoor pool and whirlpool or enjoy a workout in the 24-hour fitness center. Our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Auburn Hills is delighted to meet all of your hospitality needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Auburn Hills
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Auburn Hills
- Auburn Hills Holiday Inn