“Nice place to stay in Detroit North”

Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice place to stay in Detroit North”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed overnight after a concert at DTE Center. The staff was very friendly and location very convenient right off I 75. This was a quiet hotel as we never heard anything from our room. A little dated but their pricing fairly reflects this. Our room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The restaurant served a good reasonably priced breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again and recommend it for this area.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor which was just fine.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 3 August 2013

hope to visit again in January

• Stayed October 2012
Cleveland Akron Ohio
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I saw some negative reviews that almost made me look elsewhere after I had made the reservation. I booked 4 rooms for myself and 3 other business travelers. We were all very pleased with the accommodations. We stayed July 29/30/31, 2013. The rooms were modern and appear that they have been recently refreshed. Very nice room. Bed was very comfortable with excellent linens. The bathrooms were very roomy. Looks like they may have kept the original tile floor in the bath but other than a minor crack where something heavy was dropped, the bath area was very nice. Generous supply of towels, soaps, lotion, shampoo and conditioner. Free Wi-Fi was fast and east to connect to. Nice indoor pool area, hot tub, sauna and exercise room. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Only thing I would change is move the room coffee pot out of the bathroom. I cannot use a food item that is kept in the bathroom. Put it on the desk in the room. The O’Malley’s Pub that is part of the hotel was excellent. Quick service and reasonably priced. Excellent food although I would have appreciated a vegie burger. Never understood why restaurants don’t serve vegie burgers. They can be kept frozen for a long time and simply microwaved when needed and served on any burger in place of the meat patty. But the twice baked potato soup and the mac & cheese along with the salad offerings were all excellent. Full bar service. Our stay included a free breakfast buffet and it was very well prepared with a good variety. I would definitely stay here again.

Green Features: Hotel does have a standard green policy as posted in bath.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2013

A friend and I stayed here recently while attending a concert at The Palace. The service at the front desk and in the pub downstairs that we received was great! The good was really good too. The room was sufficient for our one night stay - beds were very comfortable! I only wish our room had a little mini-fridge for our drinks! (The bathroom sink filled with ice sufficed.) Proximity to the concert was good too. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 because my daughter and friend were attending a concert at The Palace. It would be PERFECT if they had some sort of shuttle for concert-goers. It took me 45 min to drop the girls off, and more than 45 to go pick them up, even though the drive was about six miles round trip!

The room was fine and the bathroom was quite big, which was nice. Even with the curtain clip to hold the curtains closed, we were awakened by the crack of dawn because there was a space by the air conditioning that couldn't be covered. The desk employees varied in friendliness, but none were rude.

We used the pool (bathwater!) which had a really neat lift (hot tub too) for people needing assistance getting from a wheelchair into the pool. The fitness room had decent cardio equipment, but the weight machines were in need of a bit of maintenance. They seemed a bit sticky.

The food at O'Malley's was good, but the service was terrible. The waitress forgot two things, didn't come back to ask if we needed anything, and I had to take the bill to the bar to pay, where I had to cool my heels for several minutes until she came out of the back.

In spite of that, I'd stay there again. It was fairly quiet, clean, and the location was very handy.

Room Tip: Don't choose one on the east side of the hotel!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2013

rooms are very nice, they have nice comfortable beds and the staff are very good, I have stayed there 5 times in the past few years and I am always very pleased, it looks like they have recently updated some of the rooms as well,

Shenandoah, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here as part of a wedding party. Was quoted one price on the phone when I made my reservation but then later told the price of the third night was more because of shuttle service to the wedding venue, which I did not need as I had my own vehicle. Spoke to the manager who basically told me either pay it or it would be charged back to the wedding party. So rather than do that to my neice, I paid it begrudgingly. Also, I had to make three different requests to get a correct confirmation sent to me.

I had hoped that the room would make up for the problem with the price... it did NOT. The room was only moderately clean with the tile and grout in the bathroom being very dirty looking and there were several broken tiles along the baseboard. The carpet in the room was stained literally everywhere and felt sticky in places. The beds were clean and comfortable but TINY. Don't know why you can't use two queen beds instead of doubles...

The first morning the circut breaker for the entire room flipped because we had two blow dryers going at one time in the bedroom area.. really?. Had to wait for that to be flipped back on. Later, the air conditioning wasn't working very well so we called again to have it looked at.The maintenance man, who was very friendly, came in, held his hand in front of the vent and said that was as much air as we were going to get in any room of the hotel. He offered to see if we could move to a different room, but with 4 people staying in the room for a wedding, we really didn't feel like packing everything up and moving especially if we were going to have the same problem in another room... so we stayed. He did bring us a fan which at least helped circulate the hot air, but the last 36 hours before we checked out, the temperature in our room never got below 80 degrees. Yuck. Oh and when I told the guy at the front desk about it, all he said was "Im sorry" Nothing taken off the bill, no gesture of any kind was made.

So, would I stay at another Crowne Plaza again? Yeah, probably, but not this one.

Room Tip: Make them send you a confirmation with the EXACT price for EACH night, Bring your own air conditione...
Green Features: I think they need to focus on the basics first. Once you have truly CLEAN and COMFORTABLE rooms then you can worry about making them eco friendly.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Karin,

I apologize, again, for the misunderstandings that led to your dissatisfaction. Please know we’ve worked hard to right things! We hope one day you’ll give us another chance!

Kindly,