“Great Service”

Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Loved staying in this hotel - complementary cookies at night during the week, customer service was wonderful, and enjoyment of their heated pool was splendid.

Please call on their services for your next needed stay in the Auburn hills/Rochester, MI areas.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel in September 2013 for 2 nights.

The hotel was in a great location for us. We were going to an Eagles concert at the Palace. The hotel is about 5 minutes from the Palace and about 40 minutes from the Detroit Airport.

The service while staying at the hotel was great and the employees were welcoming and polite.

The room was nicely updated and well stocked. The internet worked well.

The deal breaker was the bill. We booked the package with American Airlines that included airfare, hotel and rental car. When we checked out, we were told the bill was $0 and we did not owe any additional money for any incidentals.

A few days later, a hotel bill of $194 was deducted from my credit card account (we were required at check in to leave a credit card for incidentals). I called the hotel. After speaking to three different people and being on hold for over 30 minutes, I was told that American Airlines did not indicate that the room was paid. Geez!

I called American Airlines. Their customer service representative called the hotel on my behalf. After speaking with the hotel, American Airlines called me back. I needed to fax a copy of my credit card statement to American Airlines and they would handle the issue. I faxed the statement and American Airlines forwarded the information to the hotel the same day.

After not receiving the refund, American Airlines contacted the hotel AGAIAN. Crowne Plaza FINALLY refunded my money after about 4 weeks.

I would not stay at the hotel again due to the difficulty in dealing with the customer service representatives and the amount of time it took to correct a mistake. Mistakes are understandable. Crowne Plaza employees handling the mistake repeatedly dropped the ball.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. I’m pleased you found our product and services to your liking. I do regret, and apologize for any part of the billing confusion for which our hotel may have been responsible. Packaged rates can sometimes be confusing, with many parties involved in the process. While we successfully handle many such reservation plans, we need to be sure our part is trouble-free. We will work to ensure this doesn't become a common issue.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Last month I visited Auburn Hills with my girlfriend to visit some old friends. I told my girlfriend I didn't mind where we stay, so she decided to give Crown Plaza a try becuase of the 24 hour pool for adults, whcih was amazing to relax in. The pool was heated, and was kept updated.

Upon arriving, our airline had lost our luggage, as well as our flight was delayed, so I was having a really bad day.

Once I pulled up at the hotel, my first impression was not very rewarding. It reminded me of a corporate business office because of the lack of color. It was very maintanied though, and very clean. Once I stepped inside, I said to my girlfriend what a very nice, clean lobby, with very updated furniture. You can tell that the hotel employees are very passionate about cleanliness. My day started getting a little better once I started walking up to the front desk. I was greeted right away with a very warm welcome and a smile from a gentelmen named Adam. He could tell I was having a bad day, and offered to upgrade to a more private floor, so that my girlfriend and I could relax in peace. He also offered to help with our luggage, since both of our arms were full.

After a very nice, rested nap (bed was supper comfortable by the way), I had called down to the front desk to ask for some more towels. Adam answered the phone with a very friendly good evening, and informed me that he would be up to my room in no time with new towels. Not even five minutes later, he was knocking at my door.

The reson I spend so much time talking about the excellent service is because I was just so mind blown. I travel for business a lot, and I have never had an individual care so much about making my experience at their hotel a rewarding one. I could tell he really cares about his job, and is a very polite and friendly person. My grilfriend and I ended up having an in depth conversation with him about living in Texas, which had nothing to do with his job title. I believe that Crown Plaza has received an excellent team member, who will really go above and beyond to accomodate the guest and their needs in whatever way possible. I will definitely be recommending the Crown Plaza of Auburn Hills to my friends and family becuase of the lasting impression that Adam left on my girlfriend and I. Thank you Adam for making our day, as well as our stay a very rewarding one!

Room Tip: the executive floors are more quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hello Kyle B,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. I'm quite pleased Adam was able to be of aid to you. We are here to help in any we can, so it is good to know our effort equaled our commitment.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My stay at Crowne Plaza was nice and cozy. This hotel was recommended by Dametra Rouser, an associate of the Crowne Plaza, and I must say that for the rate of overnight stay and service given, she made a great choice! I feel the pool area needs improvement, but besides that, I wouldnt mind visiting Crowne Plaza of Auburn Hills again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed at the Crowne plaza with a wedding party and had a very good stay. I was greeted by Mashawn with a smile and with the help from Crystal me and my four rooms where checked in quickly. We had a bridal room the next day and even though there was 8 weddings taking place banquets(Katherine) made sure we had everything we needed. When it got tough she sent for help from the FB (Katie) who wasnt hesitant to help bring things. Just want to let the crowne plaza know their staff in ALL departments were awesome. The wedding parties was a little out of control but one call to night auditor Pam and we had a peaceful night sleep!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dametra R
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Hello Dametra R.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re most pleased you found our staff and services to be friendly and efficient. Our goal is always to provide our guests everything they expect….and a little bit more. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to serve you again soon.

Kindly,

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I recently stayed for one night at the Crowne Plaza in Auburn Hills. The hotel is located right in the heart of Auburn Hills near all major businesses and shopping areas. There was plenty of free parking, and the exterior is clean and updated.
I was welcomed by the friendly counter staff as a IHG Platinum member, and was offered a free upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite. Normally I would think this is a good thing, but as you'll read and see from the photos, I think I would have preferred a normal room!
The sleeping area of the room was typical modern Crowne Plaza. That means a very comfortable bed, nice work desk, and good flat screen TV. The hotel had good free wi-fi internet speeds, which is always welcomed when travelling on business. If you've never stayed at a Crowne, you have to try their beds. They are one of my favorites in the hotel industry with soft but firm mattress and nice pillows.
My issue with the room was the bathroom. As you can see from the photos, the Jacuzzi tub was HUGE and actually quite hard to get in and out of to shower in. I'm young and I was afraid of slipping and killing myself in this thing! Plus, the shower area was finished in very old white tile that was really showing its age. The tiles were worn and very dirty looking.
My other issue with the hotel was the hotel restaurant. It is called O'Malley's Pub and I guess it is not owned or operated by the CP, but the food and service was really bad. My pasta dish was smothered in greasy cheese and was overcooked. When the waitress realized I was just ordering a main course with no app, alcohol or dessert, I felt ignored the whole meal.

So other than these two small issues, I had a good night sleep and would stay here again. I'd just ask for a normal king room and not the upgrade!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ChewInRI
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your insights regarding your stay. We realize there are many options in the Auburn Hills market and appreciate not only your patronage, but the time taken to point out our opportunities. I have discussed the service that you received at O'Malley's with their manager and we are working to make sure that this is not an issue moving forward. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I thought this hotel was okay overall. The room size, cleanliness, and quality were all above average for the price point. The bathroom was enormous and the addition of a small couch, fridge, and coffee table made it feel a bit more livable. It was nice to have a restaurant and bar on property. It was certainly nothing special as the quality of both mixed drinks and food was very standard, but the unlimited Sunday brunch was only $10--great deal--and their ranch was homemade--delicious!
My biggest gripe was that I was very excited that this property had a 24 hour pool. I love a late night or early morning dip in the hot tub when traveling. However, the pool area and the pool/hot tub themselves looked grimy. I didn't even give them a try despite my excitement going into the stay. There were also a lot of families at the hotel and I found it hard to relax when kids are screaming and splashing in the background--personal opinion.
For the price, I would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Hello BerraBerro,

Thanks for taking the time to relate your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to to seeing you when your travels bring you back to Auburn Hills. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the pool area. Our pool is very popular with families, which is why we also offer an overnight program restricted to adults, only. We'll make sure we're ready for you next time!