“Relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Waterford, Michigan
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is Philip Browne and I would like to say that the crowne plaza auburn hills made my stay restful and relaxing. The staff is courteous and very helpful. Especially the young lady at the front desk.shuntel was energetic and as helpful as possible with info and directions and always with a welcoming smile. Overall id recommend this hotel to anyone planning a hotel stay.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank userke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was nice and neat. The front desk lady Shantel provide excellent service.anything I needed she got for me. The hotel was clean. The bar was great. nice prices. The pool was nice and clean.i will definitely be visiting this hotel again

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Shawnbrown33
London, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed this past Saturday (July.5, 2014) with my husband, 6 year old daughter and baby. We picked this hotel because others had given it a good review and it had a pool as my daughter wanted to swim. Unfortunately, the standards at this hotel are pretty low. I know in the future never to stay at a hotel that offers a pool open 24 hours, let alone one that allows food and drink in the pool area.
Our swim on Saturday night was less than enjoyable as a large family enjoyed their KFC dinner in the pool area and pretty much took it over.
My daughter got up early on Sunday morning expecting to swim only to learn that a wedding party had been at the pool until 4am and it looked like the pool had been used as their washroom!!! Disgusting!! Why in the world would a hotel allow this to happen!! What a HUGE disappointment!!
Breakfast wasn't much better at the restaurant (O'Malleys) in the hotel. Fruit flies swarmed the food. The oatmeal was basically water with some oatmeal flakes, the potatoes were raw and the eggs?? Not even sure how to describe them! All in all a horrible experience and i would NOT recommend it to anyone.
Room was clean but showering was cold as ran out of hot water 40 seconds into my shower. Will not be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christine H
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry you were not pleased with your experience. While a Holiday weekend can be a very busy time for the hotel, especially the pool area, circumstances worked against our ability to provide the services and environment for which we are known. Such is by no means our norm, as evidenced by our history. Please allow us the opportunity to again be your host.

Chuck DeSantis
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This is my first time at this hotel since the conversion from a Holiday Inn years ago. I was referred to this hotel by its sister hotel in Arlington Va near my house. The company that owns this hotel is BF Saul and I have found their hotels in Arlington to be quality places. With this inundation I decided to try this hotel.

Adrian at the front desk made our stay a joy and I knew I had made the right choice to try it. Our room was nicely redone from the old holiday inn room. The bed was great and I liked the coffee in room. Not the ordinary crapy coffee that makes you buy the better coffee in the restaurant. Amenities were a nice up graded brand. Every time we would come off we were greeted by the desk. The hotel has quite a bit a wear and is a little worn. The only access to the pool is thru a fire escape stairs from the second floor. Pool towels are sparse and a couple of times there were none.

I have stayed at the Hilton near this hotel many times and will now have to add this to my choice when in the area.

The only negative to our visit was the restaurant. It is a wanna be Bennigan's and does a poor job. I would recommend avoiding the food at this hotel. It is obvious the restaurant is not run by the owners. I think the restaurant gives the hotel a black eye.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Crazyoldman2006
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is our second stay at this hotel. We were in the area checking out the Great Lakes Crossing Outlets up the road.
The rooms are a little on the small size, but clean, which is what matters most to me. Thy do have an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna area which was nice for our kids. We did not eat at the restaurant on site, but the breakfast smelled great!
It's a good value to be so close to the the outlet mall and the palace for concerts.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank au322
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a very average hotel. It was a little dated in places and the room service was large in quantity and low in quality.

I would recommend this for a one or two night stay. The onsite restaurant seemed to be popular although I did not try this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Paulo82UK
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. Convenient access to the interstate is indeed an advantage. We're constantly working to improve everyone's experience with us, your insights will be most helpful.
Please consider us should your travels bring you back to Auburn Hills.
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Wow! I can say nothing but great things during our stay at the Crowne Plaze Hotel in Auburn Hills, and the service, impeccable.

There were two gentlemen in particular that worked the front desk that were exceptional, Adrian and Mashawn --- they were on top of everything and always greeted my family with friendly smiles.

If you need a hotel in the Auburn Hills Michigan area, I would recommend the Crowne Plaza of Auburn Hills.

Dan

Green Features: Exceptional value, clean rooms, and top-notch hotel front-desk and customer service personnel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family