“An "iffy" situation turned around!!”

Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were in town for the Journey concert at the DTE Theatre. After we had registered, we were relaxing in our room, when we found several items in places that made it obvious the room had not been cleaned thoroughly. After my husband spoke with Naomi from the front desk, he was asked if we would like a different room. The answer was, of course, yes!! She came to our room to speak to both of us, told us the total cost of the room would be comped, and then brought us the key to the new room. After we moved, she then called to see how the new room was working out for us. She handled this distressing time so professionally and promptly, and was so kind. Without her caring attitude and great service, we never would have stayed there again. (I was pretty creeped out!!) If we are in the area again, we wouldn't hesitate to book there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Polly H
Troy D, General Manager at Quality Inn Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Polly H,
Thank you for taking the time out to leave great this review! Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the cleanliness issue you experienced and I am glad that we were able to turn your negative experience around.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here 35 nights each in May and June. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed at for business. They have a great staff. Every one at the hotel is polite, efficient, and always helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet. The business center printer worked for me every time I needed it. Breakfast was fine and always ready by 6 am. Coffee is fresh at 4:15 am when I need it. WiFi is fast. The king size bed rooms have a large L-shaped desk which was great for working, and there are plenty of outlets and lights. The rooms have a refrigerator which was handy. Vending machines have coke and pepsi (on different floors).

I highly recommend it for business travellers.

Room Tip: King size rooms have a bigger desk.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear RoadWearyDave
We greatly appreciate you taking the time out to review our hotel and to leave such great feedback for us! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. It is great to have the feedback from a repeat customer. I am excited to be able to share this review with the staff! We hope your business needs will be bringing you back to Quality Auburn Hills in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was our first stay at a Quality Inn. Just like other reviews, a great staff, an extremely clean hotel and reasonably priced...Also included was breakfast which was great, lots of choices...And best of all the room was quiet, no outside noise or noise from other guests.....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Troy D, General Manager at Quality Inn Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Trvctyrich,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review and for choosing to stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your feedback in regards to the staff and the hotel. We pride ourselves in offering the highest level of customer service and Quality accommodations. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!
Troy D

Reviewed 30 June 2014

From the lady dusting the flag pole, to the gals at the front desk, to the housekeepers in the hall, to the breakfast attendant -- every single person provided us with a genuine friendly greeting. It wasn't simply a 'Good Morning' but rather a truly personalized greeting. These ladies (they were all ladies) were all wonderful!

The room was nice. Unfortunately the smell that first greeted me in the room wasn't the best, but I didn't notice it after a minute or two. And I didn't notice it again when re-entering the room later. The king bed was comfy, the room temperature to my liking, and the chair was nice as well. My daughter and I both appreciate the free WiFi.

Breakfast was good -- loved the blueberry waffle option. Unfortunately they yogurt was empty and the OJ I chose was watered down. I'm sure had I asked for it to be addressed it would have been fixed immediately. I just didn't want to bother the breakfast host as she was restocking many things after the first breakfast rush.

We used none of the amenities so I cannot comment on them. The cleanliness level of the room was as I would hope it would be. The location was perfect for the concert venue in downtown Pontiac. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this hotel.

Dear Upnorth98
I am not sure where to begin…. It was a joy to be able to read this review as well as to see how much the staff had an impact on your stay. We are always here and ready to help with anything that you will need. I am privileged to be a part of this team and to have such a fantastic group of people working with me. I will be sharing this review with them during the next meeting! I am sure it will bring a smile to all of their faces. We do hope that your travels will bring you back to Quality when in Auburn hills for the next event!
See you soon

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Quality Inn exceeded all my expectations... The staff were extremely helpful and accommodated our every needs. We were a group of 17 cyclists and were provided a secure separate room to keep our bikes over night... Breakfast was tasty and a great way to start off our day. Room had small bar fridge and coffee pot. The bed so very comfortable that you didn't want to get out of it in the morning.... An added bonus is the outdoor pool and patio... A big thanks to all the staff for making our stay so pleasant...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda H

Dear Linda H,
Thank you so much for submitting this review! We are so please that you enjoyed your stay at Quality Auburn Hills. We are blessed to have such a wonderful and caring staff that will go above and beyond on a daily basis. I am very excited to share this review with the whole team. We are looking forward to seeing you on the next trip!
Troy

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is #1 for a reason. We had a great experience during our stay. We made reservations through Booking.com and had to change our dates. The hotel had as marked as "no-shows" but as soon as we arrived and explained what happened, the front desk staff made all of the necessary changes so we would not be charged. Char, the breakfast attendant, was amazing! She clearly enjoyed her interactions and went above and beyond to make sure that everyone had what they wanted and needed. There was a nice variety of food and the room was never overly crowded, so we were able to linger and enjoy visiting with our family. On our last night, one of our kids got sick, and when we contacted housekeeping, they were very understanding. I would highly recommend a stay here, and if we are ever back in the area, we will definitely book here again!

1  Thank FabFamFivePA
Troy D, General Manager at Quality Inn Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you KidFun2011 for sharing your thoughts on our hotel. What a pleasure it is for me to hear that our staff from the front desk to the breakfast and housekeeping made your stay a better experience. That is truly what we are here to do and to know it was done well makes what we do very fulfilling. We do hope you can come back to see us again in the future!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place beats anything within 5 miles of it at twice the price. First, the staff is one of the best you will ever meet....they rival Intercontinental Hotels and any Hilton you've ever been in. From the desk people to the housekeeping staff to the EXTREMELY friendly and helpful folks in the breakfast area, you will feel like you're in a 5-star hotel. The rooms are great, with comfortable beds, plenty of pillows, and good lighting (hard to find in a so-called "budget" hotel). The place is beautifully maintained and the breakfast far exceeded expectations.

We have stayed there after concerts at DTE, The Palace, and Meadowbrook, all venues within a 10 minute drive. As stated, you cannot beat this place if you're planning to stay a night after your show.

Hats off to the management of this place, as they have discovered whatever long-lost secret there is that can offer this kind of premium service for such a value price. My only hope is that this hotel never gets so popular that demand exceeds supply, and the prices rise up to the 5-star range that this place could easily command.

And did I mention how nice and helpful the breakfast staff was?!?!?!

Room Tip: Try to get on floors 2 and 3.....then you get to use the cool spiral staircase!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FamGuy4

FamilyGuy4 I don't even know where to start. I am fortunate to have a staff that cares about our guests as they would their own families. I am glad you were able to recognize that and appreciate it as much as you did. We are always trying to take customer service to a another level and combine it with a high quality and clean product. I loved your comment on the breakfast staff - they will certainly get a smile out of your response. They truly take such pride in making the guest experience the best it can be - I'm happy they were able to do that during your stay! See you again after your next show at one of our local venues.