“Wonderful and friendly staff”

Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Wolverine, Michigan
“Wonderful and friendly staff”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel and enjoyed every minute of it. We had a twenty room block due to our daughter's wedding. We were greeted by friendly staff. Check-in was quick. We loved the shuttle service provided for the wedding to and from the reception. This was one of the reasons we chose this hotel along with the fact that they also provide a free breakfast. We also liked the fact that they had a grab n go for those that were hungry when they came in late at night. When we needed extra chairs in our room they were provided immediately. We would definitely use this hotel again for our family reunions.

Room Tip: We had the room next to the elevator and we never heard it and I thought it would be noisy but was n...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
mexico
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I spend only one night of my ten last trip to Michigan, This is a nice hotel close to University drive and 75 road, all ok but the room is too small, for the price I would think for a better room.

Breakfast is perfect, excellent service and very nice people who attend. they enroll me in the member services without me filling out anything I found that perfect.

Gracias.

Room Tip: ask if double bed rooms are bigger than king bed rooms.... Mine was too small. I felt like in a mot...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is a newer hotel built with everything you need but in a somewhat minimalist way. There is plenty of onsite adjacent parking. The lobby is small and attached to seating and the space where they serve the breakfast buffet which is included. There was a decent sized pool (which has its own heating/cooling so the hotel does not smell like like a pool), and a small gym area with three exercise machines. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room we were in was small but very functional--a small seating/desk area is separated from the bed by a short wall with a huge TV that is visible from both sides of the room--it is also wired so you could attach your electronic devises to play through the TV. The bathroom was tight but again functional with the sink on the outside, across from the bed--I did hear from others that ours might have been one of the smaller rooms in the hotel. It was very interesting that they had a kitchen open 24/7 with a menu with a pretty wide range of choices--they also had a counter attached to the check in desk that sold a wide range of food and beverages--if you did not want to you would not need to leave this place! Overall a convenient choice for someone staying on the north side of Metro Detroit and for the rate a good choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Everything about my overnight stay was absolutely delightfu. I enjoy a hotel with breakfast. I am not a big eater. It is so convenient and pleasureable to be able to not have to leave my hotel and to have to pay an exorbitant amount of money for an egg. I also enjoyed the small selection of salads of sandwiches. I had been traveling all day and chose to have my dinner in my room. My salad was outstanding. As a result of my one visit, I chose to become a member of the Hyatt Rewards program. BTW - Best Staff Ever.

Room Tip: I asked for a first floor room as I have been graced with moderate arthritis and didn't want to...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Fenton, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have too many nice things to stay about the Hyatt Place!!! We reserved a room block for our wedding and from the start the staff was friendly, accommodating, and hospitable. We chose the Hyatt because it was quaint, updated, and very clean (and the staff was amazingly nice). From the Sales Manager, ALL staff, the breakfast, the goodies they left us (as bride and groom), help with our guest gift bags, our meeting room set up/food, ease of check in....I could go on....we could not have been happier. I HIGHLY recommend this adorable and friendly hotel!!!!!!!!! Thank you, again, Hyatt Place!!!!!

Room Tip: They all seemed great....!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Portage Michigan
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We normally stay at budget inns, such as Courtyard and Comfort Inn, but after reading the glowing reviews on this hotel, and some iffy ones on neighboring properties, we decided to stay at Hyatt; we were not disappointed in any way. Clean, clean, clean. Helpful and friendly staff. Modern and updated rooms and common areas. The large walk-in shower was a really nice touch too. The breakfast was a cut above what you normally get at motels which serve complimentary breakfast. The King room, with a half-wall separating the bed from the pull-out couch, provided some privacy as well. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank drh_michigan
Davison
Reviewed 4 May 2013

very nice hotel all the staff was very nice and accommadating could not have been more friendly the breakfast was the best i had ever had (wish it had run later than 9:30) room was kind of split up which was different but ok. how the bad tv channels - no history channel - no a &e channel and worse of all no fsn (could not ge the tigers

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple