“Great Stay with Great Breakfast”

Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Stay with Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was a beautiful hotel in excellent condition. The front-desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially "Sharon." They offered us numerous eating and travel suggestions. The room service we ordered at 12am was fresh and delicious, while being affordable. The morning breakfast buffet offers an excellent array of hot and cold options, including biscuit sandwiches.

The room was spacious and clean.

However, I found the elevator particularly slow, and had a "weird" kind of unstable feeling to it. As well the "gym" had no weights or resistance equipment, only cardio which negatively impacted my morning routine.

Altogether an excellent hotel and well worth a visit!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank WiggsIvyLoraDave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel so I could attend a concert at the Palace. The hotel itself is wonderful. I've never had such professional and friendly service at a hotel before. I told the attendant at the counter that I was a light sleeper and therefore needed a quiet room. I was put on the 4th floor away from the elevator. Unfortunately, there was a noisy family next to me. I called the front desk immediately and asked to be moved. Sharon was so kind. She moved me up to the top floor at the end of the hall. Very quiet room. :) The t.v. in the room is huge! Comfortable wrap around couch to sit on. In the lobby there is a small bar/cafe area. I ordered a drink and she said I could sit anywhere in the lobby and she would bring it to me. Apparently Sharon can make a mean martini too. They have a wireless seating area for laptops and lots of other comfy places to sit. The only other mishap at the hotel was in the morning I went to brew a cup of coffee and they only stocked it with decaf. I went downstairs and upon checking out they brewed me a to-go cup of their coffee.

Now this part doesn't really have anything to do with the hotel. Upon check in they offered a shuttle to the Palace for the concert. It was $10 per person. It sounded like a good idea at first so my friend and I signed up for it. The idea was to get on the shuttle, the shuttle stops at a restaurant called Hoops, and then another shuttle takes you from the restaurant to the Palace. The shuttle (or bus really. Remember riding a school bus as a kid?) arrived on time and took us to Hoops. Unfortunately when we got there instead of being able to enjoy dinner and a drink we entered an impossibly crowded establishment with an hour wait just for a table. At that point dinner was out otherwise we'd been late for the concert. We were able to get just one drink. So we left and hopped the shuttle to the Palace. The driver told us he'd pick us back up at the same drop off point. Trying to get dinner at the Palace was a disaster. It was so crowded, no where to sit, too late to make a reservation. So I ate a pretzel. After the concert was over we waited at the curb and when the shuttle picked us up he crammed as many people on in one trip as he could so it was standing room only. That shuttle took us back to Hoops where we had to wait about 20 min. just get the shuttle back to the hotel. Epic fail. We were cold and hungry. I wish I had driven us to dinner and then to the Palace myself. Definitely not worth all the stops to take this shuttle. Drive yourself.

Room Tip: No late room service, although they did prepare us an entree and called us down to the lobby to take...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stay in a LOT of hotels. From Atlanta to DC to Michigan, etc. Most leave me longing for home and my bed. With four children in tow, we are the last folks most hotels want to see coming.
Then, there's this hotel. They came out to the pool where our children were splashing and yelling and making an obscene amount of noise, and instead of telling us to quiet down they brought pool noodles and warm towels. Greg at the front desk was particularly amazing. The man was ON HIS BREAK and spotted us in the parking lot trying to decide where to have dinner, and went back inside to get a list of local restaurants. If there was anything amiss with this hotel, I didn't notice. I was too busy enjoying the special treatment by the staff. Also, I've paid $20 for breakfast at a Hilton before and it wasn't any better than the free breakfast buffet. We will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank KBBaeumert
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I and another couple stayed here for a romantic weekend on 2-7 to 2-9-14. The staff was the friendliest I have ever seen at a hotel! Everyone was so nice and helpful. Brandie gave us coupons to Great Lakes Crossing Outlet, and tried to get us a discount at the pub we were going to have dinner. She printed out maps for us, and gave us playing cards that evening. The breakfast was ok. To me, the sausage was greasy, but that;s just me! There was no safe in the room, which I thought was odd, considering this is a very business-oriented hotel. The rooms were amazing! Huge, with a separate kind of living area. It even had a fridge. The pillows were small, too. The pool is big, but no jacuzzi. The fitness center is small, too, but you can borrow hand weights if you want. I thought that was very helpful! All in all, I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same. I would never stay near the pool, though. Too much noise if th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We needed a room for three when seeing a concert at the DTE Energy Music Theatre. It's a good location if you have a car as it is only about a 12 minute drive away.

What really pleased me was the welcome by the woman at the front desk. She was incredibly friendly and was seriously detail oriented going through everything we needed to know. A short while after getting into our room we received a follow up phone call by the front desk asking if everything was alright and if we needed everything. I have stayed at some pretty nice hotels in my life, but no one has ever done that.

The room was nice and clean. It isn't the most modern of decor nor the fanciest, but for a good night's sleep and a comfortable atmosphere, the hotel is a good pick. I usually stay at a fancier hotel down the road when I am in the area but the service here is far, FAR better. So I would make the switch.

What I also liked is that after we got back from the concert we were all hungry but of course all the restaurants were closed by then. No problem! They have a full service food bar that runs past midnight serving pizza, sandwiches and quesadillas.

If you like shopping, the Great Lakes Crossing Outlets mall is a short 10 minute drive away as well. In any case, whenever I am in the area for concerts, I will come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DingerzDM
Addison, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We arrived late at night after a grueling drive. The folks at the desk were so friendly and helpful. Our room was contemporary, spacious, with a nice floor plan. Everything perfect for a reasonable price. The breakfast buffet was very nice, food kept nice and warm, tasted good. The morning staff were extremely helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Bay City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Our room was very clean and comfortable. I was very happy with our stay and will most definitely stay again. The location was excellent...right off the freeway. The staff was phenomenal...very friendly and courteous

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple