“Great hotel with excellent customer service!”

Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great hotel with excellent customer service!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on April 7th after a very long drive from Fairfax, Va. This hotel was the 5th hotel stay on our trip. We arrived around 7pm. The male front desk agent was very friendly, professional and polite. Since I booked through Hyatt, he asked if wanted the points or the free beverages. I chose the points. I'm glad he said this to me. It reminded me about my previous stay at a Hyatt House where I may not have received my points.

I was happy to know that they honored my request to stay on a higher floor. The hotel has 6 floors and our room was on the 6th floor. This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place, but I was aware that the rooms are smaller than the ones at Hyatt House. Even so, I liked the layout of the room. They made very good use of the space.

When I walked into the room, the sectional sofa sleeper was on the left and the wet bar with a sink and mini fridge was on the right. There was a wall divider between the sofa and the king sized bed. The 42" flat screen TV swivels so it can be seen if you are sitting on the sofa or the bed. The bathroom vanity was separated from the toilet and walk-in shower. I love walk-in showers. It was large enough, but had just average water pressure, but is still better than the shower/tub combination you find in most hotels.

The king sized bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The Wi-Fi and parking were free. Their complimentary breakfast was actually very good. This is not the case at most hotels. They also serve Starbuck's coffee. They have a gym and indoor pool, but I didn't use either of them. The hotel is located off I-75 and is 15 minutes from the Somerset Collection. There were very few restaurants around, but we found a few.

What really impressed me about this hotel was its customer service. Diane and Ashley helped me with an issue regarding my points for my previous stay at a Hyatt House in Fairfax, Va. Diane spoke to someone at Hyatt gold passport on my behalf. Thanks to both of you for your help! I really appreciated it! Also, thanks for the free latte. Ashley checked me out and was very polite and friendly.

If I'm back in the Auburn Hills area again, I'll definitely stay at your hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
cincinnati
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The rooms are lovely only thing missing drawers for our clothes. The staff was friendly would stay there again. Great location few restaurants in the area. Close to the Palace of Aurburn Hills. Great time!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: all rooms were very nice
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Constantine, Michigan
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay and everyone enjoyed the hotel. Typically we stay at another hotel very close to The Palace and next to Culvers but because of their inability to properly make a reservation we were forced to stay somewhere else and we couldn't have been happier!! Only drawback is there was no hot tub but the manger (female, I forget her name) was outstanding, the rooms were super clean/comfortable, and the breakfast was awesome. Great hotel and we will definitely book here next time!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SWilson01
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here for one night while going to a basketball game. We were greeted by a very friendly lady at the front desk, she was genuinely happy to answer any questions and wanted to make sure we knew where all the amenities were located - the bar, pool, snack area.
All of the staff was very nice to deal with.
We had a few beers and snacks at the hotels bar that night - great selection of local craft beers and of course domestic and foreign options. The food and service was great.
I would recommend this hotel for a nights stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I stayed one night with our 2 year old. We were on the top floor, the 6th. The room was bright, clean and well maintained. We had 2 double beds and a sectional sofa, with a privacy wall so we could watch TV while the child slept. The pool was chilly but otherwise great with several pool toys for kids to play with. There were no towels, but a quick trip to the front desk, and someone brought more minutes later. The breakfast was good, with eggs, sausage & french toast as well as biscuits & gravy, fresh fruit and several bread options. The juice and coffee were also good and plentiful. We had no issues accessing the WiFi and it worked well enough to stream a few videos. The location is easy to find, there was ample parking but not many food options in the immediate vicinity aside from a McDonalds & Taco Bell. The staff was very friendly and accommodating even though the hotel was busy with several large groups staying the night. We were very happy with this hotel for the price we paid.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Exactly what we were looking for- clean rooms, friendly service and a good breakfast selection. Rooms were large enough for a family of 5. The cafe was convenient for a late night snack or drink. We enjoyed the warm breakfast each morning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank beads97
Wixom, Michigan
Reviewed 20 March 2014

my husband and I wanted to go someplace nice, clean and relaxing for our anniversary weekend. Well...the Hyatt was that and more for us. It was first class the minute we walked in. They treated us like royalty. We never had to wait for anything, or complain of anything. I told my husband that maybe that should be our anniversary tradition every year, to stay at the Hyatt. I didn't want to leave :-). Thumbs up and A++

• Stayed March 2014