“Excellent for your business stay!”

Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a perfect hotel if you have business in the area. They cater to your business needs. Convenient to the Chrysler headquarters. Not really any food options in the area, besides McDonald's, and less than a mile away you have a Tim Hortons and Wendy's. Its accessible to the highway (75). The rooms were standard, however no microwaves were in them like other Hyatt Place properties. The breakfast was a little boring even though its like no other because of the skillet breakfast sandwiches. The should think about customers that don't eat meat or pork because all the sandwiches had pork on them. I know you can request it, but sometime you dont have the time to wait for a simple skillet sandwich to be made. The front desk staff were very helpful and catered to your needs. As I said, this hotel is definitely great for business in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed last weekend at the Hyatt Place in Auburn Hills and we were so surprised! We checked in at 11:30 pm after being at a wedding! The front desk staff were so helpful! The bar/snack bar was open and hopping! We ordered a pizza through the front desk that was excellent! The rooms were large, modern and we slept great! The staff were so friendly and accommodating! Great place to stay if you are in area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed for a long weekend shopping getaway recently. We love staying at Hyatt place Hotels when we can and this location certainly met our expectations. The staff was very helpful when we needed them. Rooms were great and clean. Would recommend to anyone who needs to stay in the area. Watch out for the roads in the area, pothole central, not the hotel's fault obviously ;)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed at this location over the Easter weekend and was situated only five minutes from the Great Lakes Outlets and near the Somerset Collection Shopping Mall. Reasonably priced and able to get a room with beds and pull out couch for the entire family. Free breakfast which was the usual eggs and bacon, cereals and yogurt with coffee, juices...very well laid out but very busy on this particular weekend. Big Boy restaurant nearby. Pool was nice but no hot tub which would have been nice after a full day of shopping. Very clean and friendly staff.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

A truly excellent experience! The customer service could not have been better. Breakfast provided variety and superior presentation. The room was very clean, well maintained, comfortable and quiet. Even the grounds were clean including the glass on the exterior doors!!
For us having a pet friendly room was a requirement and this hotel provided a perfect room
We have family in the area and will definitely return!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on April 7th after a very long drive from Fairfax, Va. This hotel was the 5th hotel stay on our trip. We arrived around 7pm. The male front desk agent was very friendly, professional and polite. Since I booked through Hyatt, he asked if wanted the points or the free beverages. I chose the points. I'm glad he said this to me. It reminded me about my previous stay at a Hyatt House where I may not have received my points.

I was happy to know that they honored my request to stay on a higher floor. The hotel has 6 floors and our room was on the 6th floor. This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place, but I was aware that the rooms are smaller than the ones at Hyatt House. Even so, I liked the layout of the room. They made very good use of the space.

When I walked into the room, the sectional sofa sleeper was on the left and the wet bar with a sink and mini fridge was on the right. There was a wall divider between the sofa and the king sized bed. The 42" flat screen TV swivels so it can be seen if you are sitting on the sofa or the bed. The bathroom vanity was separated from the toilet and walk-in shower. I love walk-in showers. It was large enough, but had just average water pressure, but is still better than the shower/tub combination you find in most hotels.

The king sized bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The Wi-Fi and parking were free. Their complimentary breakfast was actually very good. This is not the case at most hotels. They also serve Starbuck's coffee. They have a gym and indoor pool, but I didn't use either of them. The hotel is located off I-75 and is 15 minutes from the Somerset Collection. There were very few restaurants around, but we found a few.

What really impressed me about this hotel was its customer service. Diane and Ashley helped me with an issue regarding my points for my previous stay at a Hyatt House in Fairfax, Va. Diane spoke to someone at Hyatt gold passport on my behalf. Thanks to both of you for your help! I really appreciated it! Also, thanks for the free latte. Ashley checked me out and was very polite and friendly.

If I'm back in the Auburn Hills area again, I'll definitely stay at your hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The rooms are lovely only thing missing drawers for our clothes. The staff was friendly would stay there again. Great location few restaurants in the area. Close to the Palace of Aurburn Hills. Great time!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: all rooms were very nice