“Pros and Cons”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Hanover
“Pros and Cons”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Yes, staff seemed friendly and it has the amenities of the standard Hyatt hotel. Fitness room was very small and under equipped. Although the pool setting is fairly nice, it is small and we found too busy during our stay to enjoy. Breakfast had a decent selection of items.

Room itself has some nice features, but we found the air conditioning unit very bulky, noisy, and pendulous. By the latter I mean, it would get very cold before shutting off and then let the room warm up too much before coming on to cool. Fiddled with the controls to try to regulate it more effectively but with little improvement. It was right beside the bed, so when it blew cold, it blew right on you. And it was very noisy.

But our major annoyance:

We booked this hotel a week in advance based on the reviews we had read. Then, ordered a package through Amazon and shipped via UPS to be delivered to this hotel for our arrival. We even phoned ahead to let them know, and our check-in date. Then, just prior to our arrival, received an email from UPS saying order had been returned by the hotel. Contacted the hotel to see what they knew and they claimed they would never had done such a thing. Pointed out that they had. Said they would never. And so the conversation went on. Obviously, someone at the hotel did not check thoroughly for guests and sent it back. We were able to rectify the situation at some expense to us, but were disappointed that the hotel just had this "dumb" line when obviously they had made a mistake.

Room Tip: If you are ordering a package to arrive at hotel, make sure you check on package before arrival to m...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The staff at the Hyatt Place Auburn Hills (Diane and Sharon esp!) go above and beyond in every way possible to make your trip more enjoyable.

I was there for wedding (I was a bridesmaid), and they made a rough time a lot smoother. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys GOOD service and a beautifully clean and comfy hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked this property due to the previous reviews and being within proximity to Meadowbrook Music Festival for the Ed Sheeran,Little Mix concert for my daughter's 13th birthday. At check-in I was greeted by Danelle and Shelly. I appreciate the time and attention shown during my stay. Danelle was outstanding she assisted with deliverying my daughter's special gift and presented her with a card and welcome from the hotel. The room was very clean and spacious. The snacks and salad at the Gallery were nice. I was advised that during the earlier hours the staff will deliver food items.There is a workout room with 4 cardio machines, weights etc, smaller but enough for a good workout. There is also a heated indoor swimming pool. I appreciate Sharon's assistance with having the Tech person Walker come and work on repairing the main phone in the room he was professional called back to make certain things were serviced properly. There were guests above me that were noisy and had young children running around , I made a call to the front desk. Within minutes the noise had stop. The water was good and hot, the entire two days stay. I was so pleased with the experience that I extended my stay for another night. I stay in hotels often for Business and Leisure. I am a Marriott Rewards and Hilton Honors Member and plan on staying with Hyatt Place properties in the future. I just returned from two weeks Paris/Italy, the service was comparable if not better than some of the Hotels in Europe.his property is very close to the Great Lakes Crossing Shopping Outlet and was very close to the Meadowbrook Music Festival. There is a McDonalds next door, a Tim Hortons and Taco Bell Nearby. Kudos to the Staff at this property. Thanks for making my daughter's birthday special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Batavia, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I have just started staying at Hyatt Place hotels. The rooms are new and very clean with a small living room style area. They also have a fridge, sink and microwave which makes it very convenient when traveling.
The breakfast is usually pretty good with breakfast sandwiches or eggs, French toast, bacon, sausage, etc.
When possible I will be staying at this hotel chain from now on when I am traveling.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here twice. Both times we really enjoyed ourselves. The staff at the front desk was very helpfully and accommodating. They have a small bar onsite and they offer a good room service. The rooms are very comfortable. Beds sleep great and the sectional is and nice comfort. This place is great for a weekend getaway, close to Great Lakes Crossings (outlet shopping) and not far from Troy (dining & shopping). We definitely will be staying here again next year.

• Stayed April 2014
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I booked the hotel because of the proximity to the Chrysler headquarters. I travel frequently and was so impressed with the staff at this hotel. They really take care of their guests. They are so friendly, helpful and really make sure that you are comfortable. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I will certainly stay again if in the area for business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Adrienne J
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We choose the Hyatt for a week long stay with our family and my father was also joining us. Upon arrival, everything was as I expected from a Hyatt. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, great pool and a nice bar with good food. It is what happened next that set this staff apart from any other. 2 days into our stay my father was diagnosed with inoperable stage 4 cancer. My world crumbled. But let me tell you, this staff was so awesome! They went above and beyond to make us all very comfortable and to make sure we had everything we ever needed. They were always so kind and always did their best to make me smile and give hugs. I laughed with some and shared tears with others. It truly was amazing!
Sharon and Diane, I couldn't have asked for a better support team. You are amazing women and I am better for knowing you both! I only hope I can someday be there for you!
Jon, Jermaine, Greg and Kenneth - you guys were AWESOME! Every time I turned around you were all there for a good joke or a great laugh and were always able to bring a smile to my face. You have no idea what it was like to have such a great team be there for me and my family. I really felt like when I left your hotel, I was truly saying good-bye to friends! I will never be able to thank you all! You all will always be in our hearts! Thank you all so much.

P.S. I think that everyone of them deserves the Rose Award.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family