Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
US$94
US$91
US$119
US$116
Quality Inn Auburn Hills(Auburn Hills)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$80
US$141
US$137
All reviewsfront deskwet bargreat hotelspacious roombreakfast sandwichgreat lakes crossingfree breakfastsitting areaother hotelsindoor poolyogurtbreakfast was excellentpull out couchhot breakfastmini fridgebusiness tripnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I enjoyed four nights in this hotel and will certainly return.

The rooms are nice and clean and after work the pool is good for relaxing. The internet is one of the fastest I experienced in a hotel.

When you enter the hotel the staff gives you the feeling being home. Great.

From the location the hotel is located north of Detroit and under normal conditions an hour from Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). During rush hour add 30 mins. The best way is to follow US 24 North (Telegrapgh Road) and then a short leg in 75 North. Get off Rochester. From the highway the Crown Plaza is visible. The Hyatt is just the other side of the street.

To the great lakes outlet its just 2 exits on 75 North (Joslyn). If you plan shopping, its a good place to stay.

Its just some minutes to Pontiac to enjoy the nature.

I experienced the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester earlier and when i compare both, the Hyatt is better. Friendly, good price, good value. The Royal Park is more fancy, if you prefer this.

My personal favorite is the Hyatt.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok. All non-smoking.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel for one night so we could go to the Queen concert at the Palace. The hotel itself was nice enough and the staff was very friendly. Its location relative to the Palace was perfect! HOWEVER, the check-in process was terrible. Three people behind the desk who could not focus on a single task. It was humorous to watch, but after awhile I really just wanted to get into my room! I didn't have any special requests, had booked my room online, used the same credit card to pay as I reserved with and it still took every bit of 20 minutes to get me a room key. They would all stop and greet every person that walked in the door, and participate when someone wanted to buy a cookie from the display case. Unfortunately, I left my phone charger in the room and when I called 30 minutes after I left to ask if they would hold onto it for me, they acted like I was the first person every with this crazy request. They told me a manager would have to return my call. Obviously, I never heard from a manager so I called again the next day and they said, "It's not in the lost and found, I will have a manager get back to you." Ha! Just incredibly disappointing customer service. I don't usually stay in Hyatt hotels and I definitely won't be seeking them out in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LanieM1
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful staff. Clean rooms. Great breakfast. Would return. I enjoyed my stay. Nice pool. Close to a great outlet mall. Our toilet in our room was leaking when we checked in. Before I got back to the room from reporting it they were there to fix it and moved us to another room immediately. Great service.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We arrived at our room a little after 3 for check in. Check in went smoothly, and was really quick.
We were only in the room for about 30 minutes or so until we left for the Fall Out Boy concert that night.
Prior to leaving the room, we checked everything to make sure everything was fine and clean. I did find a couple of juice boxes between the mattresses on my bed, and notified the front desk. They apologized, and ended up giving me free pizzas once we made it back from the concert to make up for the juice boxes.
The beds and pillows were really comfortable. The blankets were a little more stiff than I prefer them to be, but aside from that they were nice. Feel asleep relatively quickly, and slept through the whole night til we got up.
Housekeeping seemed to come pretty early (before 8:30), but left after trying to get in since out door was locked.
The breakfast was nice and convenient. French toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, toast/bagels, fruit.

Overall, we didn't spend much time at the hotel aside from sleeping. The time we were there, was very enjoyable. Staff was nice and friendly, and aside from the juice boxes, everything was nice and clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Yes, staff seemed friendly and it has the amenities of the standard Hyatt hotel. Fitness room was very small and under equipped. Although the pool setting is fairly nice, it is small and we found too busy during our stay to enjoy. Breakfast had a decent selection of items.

Room itself has some nice features, but we found the air conditioning unit very bulky, noisy, and pendulous. By the latter I mean, it would get very cold before shutting off and then let the room warm up too much before coming on to cool. Fiddled with the controls to try to regulate it more effectively but with little improvement. It was right beside the bed, so when it blew cold, it blew right on you. And it was very noisy.

But our major annoyance:

We booked this hotel a week in advance based on the reviews we had read. Then, ordered a package through Amazon and shipped via UPS to be delivered to this hotel for our arrival. We even phoned ahead to let them know, and our check-in date. Then, just prior to our arrival, received an email from UPS saying order had been returned by the hotel. Contacted the hotel to see what they knew and they claimed they would never had done such a thing. Pointed out that they had. Said they would never. And so the conversation went on. Obviously, someone at the hotel did not check thoroughly for guests and sent it back. We were able to rectify the situation at some expense to us, but were disappointed that the hotel just had this "dumb" line when obviously they had made a mistake.

Room Tip: If you are ordering a package to arrive at hotel, make sure you check on package before arrival to make sure the hotel does not send it back.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple