“Very nice hotel with very friendly staff.”

Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Very nice hotel with very friendly staff.”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed three nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and everything worked well. The fold out sofa provided a spot for our gran son who visited with us. The hotel staff was excellent, especially Danielle at reception. She remembered my name for our entire stay and was very eager to make sure we had a good experience. All staff members we met were very accommodating. Reasonably priced with better than average complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Larry P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2014

That staff and service at this Hyatt Place was top notch!! Whitney, Sharon and Sade at the front desk is what made this Hyatt Place Excellent!!!
This Hotel is in a great location if you have a show at the Palace.
Check in was fast and easy. We had booked 2 rooms and 1 of the rooms had a problem with the toilet. They immediately put us in another room...Right across the hall. Sharon, from the front desk, even helped us move all of our luggage from one room to the other. Our rooms were clean, spacious and quiet!!
We wanted to do a little shopping and Whitney from the front desk gave us directions to the outlet mall (best outlet mall I've been to up North). She also gave us a passport book of coupons for us to use at the stores and restaurants!!
Breakfast was hot and free and for a free breakfast they had a good variety of food to choose from!!
If we are ever in the area or have another concert at the Palace this will be the hotel we will book!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Forest, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Thanks Sharon & Shelby. Ann Marie & I were really touched by the kindness you showed during our recent stay at the Hyatt Place, Auburn Hills. We enjoy our concerts and your location is great, rooms are clean and spacious. Your attention and service was above and beyond. We will definitely be back!!
Thanks, Ann Marie & Mark

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at the Hyatt place Auburn Hills the weekend of Warped Tour. The hotel was clean & beautiful, the staff was amazing! Friendly & helpful. We arrived at 10AM on our check in date and I expected to have to come back later to put our luggage in the room, but they had a room available right then. They even were able to replace all the feather pillows with foam pillows - I'm allergic to the feather ones. We asked for more blankets and towels that evening and they were brought up promptly. We took advantage of the pool, the free WiFi, Breakfast in the morning - it was all great. I will definitely stay here again! I told the front desk we were going to go to the outlet mall and they gave us a map and coupons for a free appetizer at a restaurant in the mall, and gave us certificates for coupon books offered by the mall for out of town guests. The room was large, with 2 beds and a hide-a-bed in the room. Nice TV, Great AC Unit. Very nice place to stay - Thanks!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Henstedt-Ulzburg
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I enjoyed four nights in this hotel and will certainly return.

The rooms are nice and clean and after work the pool is good for relaxing. The internet is one of the fastest I experienced in a hotel.

When you enter the hotel the staff gives you the feeling being home. Great.

From the location the hotel is located north of Detroit and under normal conditions an hour from Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). During rush hour add 30 mins. The best way is to follow US 24 North (Telegrapgh Road) and then a short leg in 75 North. Get off Rochester. From the highway the Crown Plaza is visible. The Hyatt is just the other side of the street.

To the great lakes outlet its just 2 exits on 75 North (Joslyn). If you plan shopping, its a good place to stay.

Its just some minutes to Pontiac to enjoy the nature.

I experienced the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester earlier and when i compare both, the Hyatt is better. Friendly, good price, good value. The Royal Park is more fancy, if you prefer this.

My personal favorite is the Hyatt.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok. All non-smoking.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel for one night so we could go to the Queen concert at the Palace. The hotel itself was nice enough and the staff was very friendly. Its location relative to the Palace was perfect! HOWEVER, the check-in process was terrible. Three people behind the desk who could not focus on a single task. It was humorous to watch, but after awhile I really just wanted to get into my room! I didn't have any special requests, had booked my room online, used the same credit card to pay as I reserved with and it still took every bit of 20 minutes to get me a room key. They would all stop and greet every person that walked in the door, and participate when someone wanted to buy a cookie from the display case. Unfortunately, I left my phone charger in the room and when I called 30 minutes after I left to ask if they would hold onto it for me, they acted like I was the first person every with this crazy request. They told me a manager would have to return my call. Obviously, I never heard from a manager so I called again the next day and they said, "It's not in the lost and found, I will have a manager get back to you." Ha! Just incredibly disappointing customer service. I don't usually stay in Hyatt hotels and I definitely won't be seeking them out in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LanieM1
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful staff. Clean rooms. Great breakfast. Would return. I enjoyed my stay. Nice pool. Close to a great outlet mall. Our toilet in our room was leaking when we checked in. Before I got back to the room from reporting it they were there to fix it and moved us to another room immediately. Great service.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends