“Great Hotel, Great Value, Friendly Staff Very Comfortable, Nice Free Cont. Breakfast”

Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I stayed with My mom, and sister at in a 2 double bed room recently. Rooms were great. They were clean, almost new looking and spacious! Sectional (with typical uncomfortable fold out queen bed), and a refrig, sink and desk in one room. Large flat screen LG TV, and two very comfortable double beds and really soft wonderful pillows (3 per bed). Staff went out of there way and super friendly, nice indoor pool, small but adequate fitness room (2 treadmills, 1 stairstepper and 1 bike all Life Fitness models -these are great!) There is a small bar just wine & beer (Ithink) and you can also purchase esspresso/lattes in the morning. There is a pretty lake you can kind of see (we saw) from our room. No balconies. Not much in the way of anything immediately near this hotel, but several restaurants about a mile or so away. You can order a really good pizza to be delivered to your room, from a local pizza parlour. It got to our room fast (15 mins) I can't remember the name but they know at the front desk. A great value I booked thru priceline for $79/night stayed 3 nights. Loved the free internet and staff actually made us the continental breakfast 1 hour after it closed as we got in real late the first night and missed the scheduled breakfast window.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I booked this hotel off of Expedia and got a summer deal for $79/night (including breakfast and internet). we stayed in the double bed guest room...it was absolutely beautiful and the beds are very comfy.....they provided us with a list of shopping malls in the area so we had lots to do. lots of fast food (WhiteCastle...Mcdonalds...Tim Hortons, Tacobell, Burger king etc in walking distance) there is also a drive in about 2 blocks away!!!!! THE STAFF WAS AMAZING...I WAS VERY PLEASED.
.I will def be returning.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 5 July 2010

The Hyatt Place in Auburn Hills is a brand new hotel north of Detroit. Upon arrival I was very positively surprised by the kind receptionist who took a very long time to explain all the nuances of the hotel. I was given a tour of the ground floor and lead all the way to the elevator. (thank you Anna). The hotel itself has very spacious rooms which are not missing anything. If you stay there you will enjoy the huge flat screen HD TV. :)
The pool is big enough to do some real swimming unlike in other hotels where you only find a "puddle". Will definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Very easy to check in using the electronic kiosk by swiping the credit card I used during the booking. Attendant very friendly and offer help but I refuse. The location is in the not that far from Downtown Detroit and approximately 40 minutes drive from Birch Run Prime Outlet mall. Room is very clean and very good hotel for the money.

Hyatt Place, again proving themselves to be just a bit above the competitive rival four points by sheraton. The downside: Hyatt brand still cannot compare to the sheraton heavenly bed..

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Southwest Michigan
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We stayed here only one night, but loved it. Check in was easy and staff was extremely friendly (throughout stay). We were going to the Palace in the evening, but the front desk suggested a nearby mall and gave us a ton of discounts for it. The rooms were wonderful and didn't have the usual hotel scent. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were so full and soft - not the usual flat hotel pillows. The prices for food was comparable with restaurants - not outrageously priced. The morning continental breakfast had tons of options and there was plenty of space/tables all aournd the lobby/kitchen area to sit. It wasn't all stuffed in one room. The hotel was booked completely - Taylor Swift was at the Palace - but it didn't feel like it. Never had to wait for the elevator, staff help or breakfast. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed 14 March 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights while attending an event at the Palace. The staff at the front desk was very friendly when we checked in, and we loved our room. It felt like a suite! The room was very clean, visually appealing, spacious, and the bed was SO COMFORTABLE. The pool wasn't anything amazing...just a regular hotel pool. The breakfast also was not anything amazing, but good (fruit, bagels, yogurt, toast, doughnuts, etc...) We stayed next to a big group of what I'm guessing were grade school/high school swimmers, but noise was not a problem. The air conditioning unit was somewhat loud, but not a hindrance at all (I wouldn't have brought it up at all because it wasn't a big deal, but that was a complaint of others so I thought I should address it). We honestly did NOT want to leave when it came time for checkout. It was such a nice place and the value was great too.

The only reason I didn't give the Hyatt 5 stars is because I called the front desk at about 10:30pm and requested two towels and an extra blanket and they were never delivered. We ended up staying awake for a while waiting for them, but they never came. I could have called again, but I didn't because I shouldn't HAVE to. The hotel is not large, so I'm not sure why they were never delivered. Some other things I didn't like but were not a big deal included: slow internet, no phone book in the room, no hotel guide type book in the room.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2009

We (4 females) stayed here for a 2 night shopping trip. We stayed in 2 different rooms and both were great. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, to the extent that they drew us maps to various destinations. The included continental breakfast had fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast, bagels, English muffins, coffee, tea and juices. There is also a hot breakfast option which costs extra. We did not notice any noise which was pretty amazing because a swim team was staying there the first night! The hotel is fairly close to the popular shopping spots and many good restaurants. We all felt that it was a safe, clean spot and would certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends