“Yes! Very authentic!”
Review of Brauhaus Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Brauhaus Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Step into the Brauhaus and you are stepping across the ocean into the Black Forest Region of Germany. From the atmosphere of the restaurant to the taste of the cuisine, you will experience a touch of Germany! We also serve American entrees and have a vast selection of Germany beers and wine to enhance your meal. Seasonal: Open Spring to late Fall. Wednesday through Saturday at 4:00pm Sundays at Noon. We'll see you here! Brauhaus Team!
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“Yes! Very authentic!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have always wanted to stop here but our trips never coincided with the times they are open. We finally made it, and we are glad we did! It is a very cozy place and our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about everything. My husband had the roast beef, mashed potatoes and spaetzle (sorry for the spelling) and I had the "smaller appetite selection" of bratwurst with brotchen (hard roll) and sauerkraut. Everything was definitely either home made or locally made. I read the other review about the sauerkraut coming in pails and while that might detract from the authenticity a little, it was German sauerkraut. The beer selection was very good and complimented the food very well. We will be back if we are traveling at the right time.

• Visited September 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great food and fantastic staff”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Excellent German food! Very flavourful and huge portions. The half duck in plum sauce is enough to feed 3 and the meat just falls off the bone.

My husband usually gets the Schweinehaxe and talks about the dish for the rest of the year, counting down until he gets it again.

Be sure to get the Spätzle on the side!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank brittacos
“A gem in the Northwoods!”
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

We have been dining at the Brauhaus for years, and each time we come to our lake place in the summer months, we plan to have a special dinner there. As in previous years, the food and service tonight were outstanding. I tried the salmon tonight, which was delicious, and the rest of the folks in my party had various German dishes from the menu (all of which were excellent). I always look forward to the dessert menu, too! Over the years, the Brauhaus has proven to be consistently wonderful, both in their food and their service.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Mikefromtheatl
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Authentic German Cuisine”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My family has been eating at the Brauhouse for 16 years. The consistency of the food through the years has not changed. I do miss the ompa bands and dancing back in the early days. Having traveled to Germany a couple of times I have authentic comparison. You would need to be in Germany to find better Roulanden or Schweinhacke. This is truly a gem in Northern Minnesota and well worth the trip if you are in the area.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Bruce453
Northern Minnesota
“Closed in the winter”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

But during the summer, fine German cooking. Try the duck, you won't be disappointed. Actually, you won't be disappointed with anything you order in this fine restaurant. I highly recommend it.

Visited August 2012