“Awesome”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Albert Lea
Albert Lea, Minnesota
“Awesome”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Room was very clean the king size bed was awesome. My wife and I stayed here on our trip from South Dakota to Wisconsin. The shower was great especially after being on the road for a long time.
The woman (Tanya)at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We decided to stay here because of the service we had at another Holiday Inn and were not disappointed by this one.

• Stayed May 2014
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We are so happy to hear that we were able to provide you and your wife the same great service that the other Holiday Inn provided. We really appreciate all your feedback and I look forward to passing on the kind words about Tanya to her and all other team members. Thank you, safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have to say that Nikki was far from pleasant. She didn't even smile once. Felt awkward checking in. The room smelled of cigarette smoke. The air conditioner didn't work very well, which kept the room warmer than anticipated and I slept not so good. Then we were awakened by the construction the hotel was undergoing both days. Not to mention laying in bed with a migraine on the second day and hearing pounding and drilling. I have to say that this hotel leaves much to be desired. I am sorry I booked two nights initially, as I would have gone elsewhere if I had not had a migraine that was debilitating. I will avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jason L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Jason L,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip. Clean rooms with comfortable beds. The staff is friendly but a lot of mixed messages - I was initially told that I would be able to leave a bag behind for the weekend but when I checked out was told differently, that they would not be able to accommodate this.

The elevator is very slow, so take the stairs or stay on the first floor. The gym only has 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical. The pool is nice and the jacuzzi nice and hot. Free breakfast daily - eggs, breakfast meat, biscuits/gravy, cereal, pastries - not too bad.

The wifi is not bad, able to conference call without a drop in service.

There is a buffet at a truck stop across the road and then about 5 min west there are several restaurants some of which I've reviewed as well.

It it weren't for the inability to leave a bag here I would stay again.

Room Tip: Slow elevator. Thin walls, stay on 3rd floor and you won't hear people walking above you.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael M
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time from your busy day to give your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed so much of your stay with us and we were able to accommodate almost all of your needs. I was so disappointed to read that a team member told you that we could not store your bag for you while you were away for the weekend. This is a common practice I know at many hotels and something that we can accommodate. I have spoken to all team members to make them aware of this service. I hope that you will be able to try us again in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We got into am accident on the 35 and every hotel in town was sold out. The staff at this holiday inn were very helpful and held two rooms for us while we were dealing with getting towed out of the snow.
The hotel was very clean and comfortable. It was exactly what we needed to get through the night.
We will stay there again.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Kustom50
General_Manager4712, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review. While I am glad we were able to provide you a comfortable night out of the weather, I am sorry to hear about the auto accident. Our staff tries to go above and beyond for each guest and I am happy to hear they were able to meet your needs. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to the Albert Lea area again.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here in mid-January 2014....check in was fast and easy....Front Desk Agent Courtney was the most friendly and knowledgeable agent I've come across in awhile....there was a kids hockey team staying there but she and management made sure they were staying in the two lower floors. We were given an junior suite....it was great....the rooms were clean and modern....the breakfast was good (warm food)....quiet night's sleep.....location was good (right off interstate)...about 5 minute drive from local restaurants and bars....bar across the street is interesting....it's at a truck stop but don't let that deter you, it's not a bad place to have a beer or two....recommend this place to others....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cactus7
General_Manager4712, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We love having our Sports team guests, but we understand that sometimes that can conflict with the needs of our other guests. Our team works hard to make sure that we meet the needs of all our guests and I am so happy to hear that we got it right!

We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to the Albert Lea area!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We've stayed in several HIE's and this was, as usual, a well kept-up and welcoming place, with all the usual amenities. The difference this time was the (unscheduled) night we stayed there was during a full blown blizzard. Casey at the front desk was accommodating and unfailingly friendly, even under the duress of a full house and needing to negotiate emergency digs for some travelers. She even stayed overnight at the hotel to make it all happen. A cozy, warm, friendly place to get out of the storm. Our only reservation (so to speak) was the presence of two little dogs with their owners prominently walking around the breakfast nook. Didn't need that.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrianK609
Thank you for writing us a review. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us despite the terrible blizzard! I will make sure to pass on your comments to Caycee and the rest of the staff. As a team we work hard to ensure that every guest enjoys their time here from check-in to check-out. If your travels bring you to the Albert Lea area again, we hope to see you again!
Mason City, Iowa
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We came up to stay a few weeks ago to visit our grandson and I can not say enough about this beautiful hotel that he picked for us to stay in. We were worried when we checked in that we wouldnt get any sleep because the lobby had a few groups of kids all sitting around. Apparently there was a big hockey group in that weekend. But I was so happy that when Carlene at the desk checked us in she put us on the 3rd floor (top floor) which was a floor with no hockey team. It was so quiet and there wasn't even any running above us since we were the top floor. Carlene was so helpful and even though she was so busy running around we made us feel so special and like we were the most important guests there.

The next morning, the front desk was even nice enogh to tell us when they expected all the hockey players to come down for breakfast so we could eat before they came down.

WE can't complain, beautiful hotel, clean rooms and good hot breakfast. We will be back to Albert Lea and we will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express again!!! See you soon friends :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jill F
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write us such a glowing review! Thank you. I am happy to hear that Karlene was able to meet all of your needs. I will make sure the pass the compliment again to her. She is an invaluable employee and we are lucky to have her!

Thank you again for being our guests and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albert Lea
Americas Best Value Inn Albert Lea
Days Inn Austin
Days Inn Austin
#1 of 7 in Austin

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Albert Lea - I-35? Share your experiences!