Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Albertville, MN
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$92
US$71
  • Breakfast included
US$85
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoutlet mallcomplimentary breakfast was deliciousgreat location for shoppinggreat hotelpool areabasketball tournamentwould highly recommend this hotelvery pleasant stayclean roomswafflesstay there againbreakfast roomhot tubbreakfast barhotel is locatedhousekeeping staffnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2012

An all round great stay. Clean, friendly staff, amenities close to rooms, comfy bed, selection of pillows at moderate price. Windows opened to let in fresh air. air conditioner was quiet. Extremely clean and well appointed. No maintenance issues.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
MNALBCTY, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Albertville, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Wow - thank you for the perfect 5 star rating! We are thrilled that you found our hotel extremely clean and enjoyed our amenities. A positive guest review is the best compliment we can receive. We appreciate your business and kind words and look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to Albertville!

Reviewed 3 September 2012

This was my first time staying here, as we usually stay right in Minneapolis, so I had no idea what to expect for a smaller town that has so many tourists. As soon as I set foot in the hotel - any doubts I had were immediately dismissed. The person at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming, the lobby was so clean and inviting, and when I got to my room - my jaw almost dropped. By far it was one of the nicest and largest rooms I have seen in a while. Absolutely gorgeous, very clean, just stunning. The free breakfast in the morning was more than I expected - it wasn't just the usual muffins, cereal and toast. They also had eggs, bacon, pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit. I am looking forward to staying here next time we come to Albertville. Oh. And a bonus? It's a minute walk to the Albertville outlet...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Thanks for the wonderful 5 star rating! We are glad that you were so happy with your choice to stay at our hotel. It’s nice to hear that our rooms and service exceeded your expectations. Our staff works hard to go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a positive experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We have stayed at this hotel every year for the past 5 years both at the beginning of our road trip and again at the end. The common areas are clean, and the rooms are always immaculate. The staff is always very helpful and friendly. On all our previous visits, my husband, who likes the occasional cigar in the evening has thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the front, 'porch', area with his cigar and a beer. He has met many other guests on these occasions and has enjoyed some friendly, interesting and sometimes lively conversations. The porch area became a gathering place, where groups of people could sit and socialize due to the number of chairs and tables. This year however, we noticed that the front porch, both sides, have been designated non smoking. Any guests who wish to smoke have been banished to the side of the hotel, where there is very poor lighting, which is a real safety and security issue, and no comfortable seating areas, and no tables. Forget any socializing or conversation. There is one small bench that will only accommodate 2 people comfortably. Because of this people do not want to stay outside and enjoy others company, they just finish their smoke and go back inside. Before we left the hotel at the beginning of our road trip, we asked Kim the manager why the smoking area had been moved and she told us it was a company wide policy. Throughout the next 3 weeks we stayed at 5 other Country Inn & Suites, and every one of them had a designated smoking area on one side of the front porch, and non smoking on the other side, so clearly not a company wide policy. During a conversation with several of the housekeeping staff at the Albertville location, we were told that the reason Kim had moved the smoking area was because her office is located beside one side of the porch, and she didn't like the smell. They also told us that when they first saw the bench outside the side door, they thought it was for their use, not the hotel guests. My husband has worked in the customer service industry for 30 years, and a few years ago actually taught a customer service program. Because of his experience and background, he understands that it is important to make all customers and/or guests feel welcome and to show them respect. He also knows how important truth and integrity are, when dealing with customers questions and complaints. We both feel that we were lied to by the manager of the Albertville hotel, and the decision to banish smokers to the side of the hotel was, in fact, a personal decision and not a company policy. We were also told by Kim that she was going to provide a patio area on the side, with more seating and tables, but when we returned to the hotel 3 weeks later nothing had changed, she had not even installed a bug light. Needless to say, our stay at this hotel was no where near as enjoyable as in previous years. As a non smoker myself, I do understand that for many people smoking is offensive, but hotels cannot treat smokers like lepers.

Room Tip: Request a room with a lake view on the third floor. Much quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie S
MNALBCTY, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Albertville, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

We appreciate that you took the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. Guest reviews help us to fine tune our operations to better serve our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed our and clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. We are sad to hear that you do not like the location of our designated smoking area and we hope that you will give us another try in the future. Your patronage is definitely appreciated!

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business in June of 2012. I was working only about 15 minutes from the hotel, which was an excellent commute. From the moment I arrived I was greeted and helped by the most friendly staff, with no wait, and no problems. The room was clean, and met my expectation 100%. The breakfast was very good, vice nice that it wasn't just a continental breakfast of bagels and donuts, but had substantial food too. It changed every day, and I was offered eggs, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, etc. The breakfast staff was excellent. Also, the cookies served every day in the lobby were a nice touch. And finally- the location next to the outlet mall was absolutely perfect. I chose this place because I had read other reviews about how close the outlet mall was, and it couldnt have been better. In the evenings after work I had plenty of time to shop around. My only trouble was fitting everything back into my suitcase! Overall this was a great stay, and I'd stay here again no question.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thanks you for sharing your positive comments and glowing recommendation of our hotel. It’s nice to hear that our rooms and service exceeded your expectations. We are pleased to hear how convenient our hotel was for you. We are so glad you enjoyed the wide variety of delicious and healthy options on our “Be Our Guest” breakfast buffet. Thank you for your kind words. We value your loyalty and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

This hotel is clean, has accommodating staff a family suite and cots (which was important for 6 of us travelling together).
The breakfast was good and the pool is small but a good break for the kids. It is a bit pricier than other hotels but being a walk away from the outlet was best for us as the purpose for our stop was to shop.
This was our second stay there .

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Roothey
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thanks for the wonderful 5 star rating and glowing review! We’re so glad you took the time to post your rating and positive comments about our hotel. We never get tired hearing how much our guests appreciate our clean rooms and amazing breakfast. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Albertville.
Kim Van Winkle, General Manager