Hampton Inn and Suites Alexandria
Best Western Alexandria Inn(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$117
US$111
US$87
US$85
Super 8 Alexandria MN(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$84
US$214
US$182
Skyline Motel(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$67
All reviewsbowling alleygreat hotelin towncomplimentary breakfastrestaurants and shoppingrecommend this hotelwedding partyking suitebreakfast foodwafflesexercise roomclean hotelfresh fruitthe breakfast arearight next doorroom was largefitness center
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Just spent two nights here. Extremely comfortable and quiet hotel. It does not sit right on the freeway, like most of the newer Alexandria hotels - in fact it is kind of hidden away on South Broadway. Room, bed, and bath all excellent. Good free breakfast and newspaper. Very quiet in the rooms - no constant banging of doors or hallway conversations.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Check your directions if staying here. The hotel is hidden behind a shopping center on South Broadway. The location is not obvious from the main drage (State highway 29).
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I had a three-night stay in Alexandria and almost made a huge mistake in not picking the Hampton Inn. This is one of the nicest, most-relaxing, best equiped and staffed hotels that I've ever stayed at with thee best free breakfast, by far, of any hotel that I've been in. I travel about 100 days a year so I don't say that lightly. It's a rare hotel that would exceed this stay's experience in my book.

I've been to Alexandria a million times but since it's only 2.5 hours from home I've never stayed there before. This time I had a two-day assignment in town and I needed a three-night stay there. I almost defaulted to one of my regular hotel chains but at the last minute I thought I'd try this Hampton Inn and I'm so happy that I did. I can NOT possibly recommend this hotel any higher than I do.

The people working here are unreal, they are so friendly and helpful. They really shine at the fabulous breakfast feast, keeping things fresh and freshly-stocked and clean. I was surprised at the amount, quality, and variety of food here, all included with the room price. Some La Quintas and Wingates have nice breakfasts that include some hot items, but this hotel breakfast was above any other that I've stayed in. Everything was brand name, not bargain basement warehouse store brands. Every one of the three mornings I was here they had some different variation on the hot items. Scrambled eggs, sausage of three different kinds, little omelets, a big heated container of great oatmeal with different toppings (nuts, raisons, brown sugar), hard-boiled eggs, fresh waffles, breads and muffins, cold cereal, yogurt and Activia yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. They also had a huge assortment of high-end teas which was nice to see, hot chocolate, and some of the best coffee that I've had in a hotel. I didn't feel a need to find a coffee place with coffee this good. It's rare to have a "bold" roast in a hotel but it was great. I know that I'm making too much of the breakfast, but it was such a luxury to have that feast included in the room price. I'm not used to that in the level of hotel that I usually stay in. The only breakfast "buffet" that I'd put above this one was at Inn on Biltmore but that came with a $450+ room price!

The indoor heated pool was huge and the hot tub looked great as well, but unfortunately I wasn't able to use either of them. What a shame, they were perfectly clean and organized and as well kept as everything else here was. The exercise room was big and well-equipped as was the business center. Every morning there is a copy of USA Today hanging on your door handle which was nice. The room itself was great, the bed was as nice as I've ever experienced. There was a fridge and microwave which were super handy and the nice, flatscreen TV had a million cable channels which is always nice because I end up working in my room often when I'm on the road. The heating/ac unit had a wall-mounted control which is usually only found on higher priced hotels and worked great. The free wireless internet service worked flawlessly as well.

The bathroom was luxurious compared to what I'm used to in other, lesser, hotels. The vanity was a piece of art and was a nice wooden, legged cabinet with a great, stylish faucet that matched the shower handle. The tile was excellent quality and the way it was laid out was as nice as what you'd expect at your own home. They actually lined up the grout lines on the baseboard and the floor tile, what a concept! A LOT of other hotels could care less about details like that but it's what makes this Hampton Inn stand out from the others. Whomever the crew of folks was that built this hotel really cared about the final result. The wall tile was measured out and centered which again, doesn't really matter functionally, but asthetically it's priceless because it's one of those details that you notice and file away in the back of your mind as quality work and it makes the rest of your experience seem like top quality as well. Very well done and money very well spent. The tub was great with a surface that was slip-resistant but not harsh like some can be, and even worse, when some have anti-slip tape on them. This one was great and the Moen showerhead was excellent with different settings. The towels were super thick and smelled clean and fresh which was nice because a lot of other hotel towels don't smell fresh at all. You could just tell that everything was clean when you walked in the door and then you didn't have to worry about finding something later, you could just put that out of your mind and enjoy your stay knowing that it was cleaned by the best team in the area. There was separate shampoo and conditioner and hand lotion and a big, filled basket of coffee and tea for the room coffee maker. There was also a hair dryer.

I know that I'm forgetting some more praise that should be heaped upon this fine hotel and the people that work here. I can't say enough about the friendly folks here and the great experience I had at this rock-solid, quiet, luxurious, reasonably-priced hotel! I can't imagine that anyone but the most unreasonably picky person who has lived a guilded life staying in nothing but Four Seasons and Trump hotels could find anything wrong with the Hampton Inn in Alexandria, MN. Very, very well done, Hampton team!

Room Tip: I was on the top floor but this hotel seemed so solidly built that I can't imagine there's a lot of floor noise and I didn't hear any adjacent room noise. I was right by the elevator but didn't even hear that because this great hotel actually has sound gasketing material on the door frame so that when the door closes it shuts out the majority of hallway sounds. It's little touches like this that make this Hampton Inn a notch or two above the others.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
hamptoninnalexandria, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear Scott, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your wonderful experience. We take great pride in presenting a clean & friendly hotel each and every day. What an honor it is to be compared to other reputable hotels. I will pass on your wonderful comments on to my staff and encourage them to maintain the level of quality you experienced. Again, thank for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

This is our second stay at The Hampton Inn & Suites in Alexandria. This is a modern, comfortable and well maintained hotel. It has everything you could need. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Visited Alexandria for a "girls" weekend getaway! Wanted to be close to downtown but this was our only choice. The Hampton is close to the mall and not downtown.

We ended up in the handicap king suite which was nice. Sofa, fridge, microwave and king bed. This property is very clean and kept up. I recommend this to anyone looking for a good night sleep.

Breakfast is good! Hot food items as well as cereal.

The only recommendation I would have, is the bathroom is a tile floor and there is no lip for the shower. The way the floor slants, the water runs to the middle of the floor. This may be a code but there should be something to stop the water from running into the middle of the floor.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lovetotraveltami
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed over Labor Day weekend and they were booked. The hotel staff was very kind. The rooms were "top of the line". You can't ever go wrong when you stay at a Hampton Inn and Suite as their rooms are modern, very clean and their beds and pillows are feather-top and oh-so comfortable. You won't regret your stay! And, if you're interested, they serve an awesome free hot breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family