“So Good!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Bella's = great Italian food, pretty décor, and a romantic atmosphere. This is a favorite spot for us!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

As my title indicated I am not a big fan of Italian food, but it's where my wife wanted to go. I had read some of the Trip Advisor reviews and they were positive but mixed so we weren't sure what to think. It was a delayed Valentine's dinner so my wife won out, but we were both happy with out meals. I often have Walleye when eating out, at least when I can find it under $20 and when the fillet was brought to my table I was surprised at both how large it was and the crunchiness of the breading for having a white sauce on top.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

No doubt, this is one of the nicer restaurants in Alexandria. The menu has enough variety and the dishes we chose were done well. The desert was exceptional. What was a huge disappointment was the wine selection, or lack of. The private booths make for a much more relaxing evening. We also experienced Frankie, it is a nice touch. All in all, isn't making my "go to list" for my next Italian dinner. Had better experience when there for lunch.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is our favorite restaurant, we have been there several times and have always had a GREAT dinner and service. It has recently been voted "The most romantic restaurant" in Minnesota. They have a waitress (Frankie) who sings Italian songs for you, very well I might add. The menu is very extensive with several types of Italian foods, and many types of wine, both local and imported.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Restaurant has a nice layout with cozy/private booths that make conversation easy. Typical décor abounds -- most notably the hundreds of empty wine bottles stacked in open shelves that serve as room dividers. A bit overdone, however, in my opinion. The service is wonderful but the roving diva belting out the usual "Italian" song selections is over the top silly. But she and some of the clientele seemed to enjoy this. And that might take your attention away from the mediocre food.

While the salads are fresh and pretty good, the main attractions are not so much. How can a restaurant that specializes in pasta serve overcooked noodles??!! My capellini was basically mush. Others in my party noted the same over-doneness of their pastas which were also literally swimming in various sauces. Crab cakes were a frozen product consisting mostly of gooey bread filling. I realize this is a Midwestern eatery and if you can't offer a seafood dish that is made fresh, it should not be on the menu. Makes me wonder what else may have come from frozen beginnings.

This is not an inexpensive place to dine. I have been there twice for dinner. I expected much better quality for the money. I will probably not return for a third visit unless I stick to ordering salads. Although it has some charm, Bella's disappoints when it comes to the real reason for being there.