“Bellas On Broadway--Great Italian!”
Review of Bella's - CLOSED

Bella's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
“Bellas On Broadway--Great Italian!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Italian restaurants, especially good ones, are scarce outside of metropolitan areas. Bellas On Broadway was a great discovery in the lake resort town of Alexandria in west central Minnesota. The atmosphere is casual elegant, with secluded booths and separated tables.

The food is authentic and creative Italian! We started with salad--the garden salad was fresh, and the roasted pair salad was beautifully done. For the main course, two in my party ordered traditional Italian fare--spaghetti and meatballs. The pasta sauce was laced with chunks of fresh tomato. Another in my party ordered the lasagna--delicious and just spicy enough to have some character. I tried the special--angel hair pasta and breaded sausage ravioli in a vodka sauce--fantastic! All the servings were ample. So ample that we unfortunately did not have room for dessert. Next time...

The wine list was complete and made up for the limited beer offerings.

We were fortunate enough to witness one of the staff, who I assume is the manager JoLee, serenade a table in her native Italian. Little acts like this make a place feel welcoming and homey.

Although my party was dressed casually for our dinner, wearing a coat and tie or dress would not be out of place in this restaurant's elegant atmosphere. What I found out of place was the young man (I won't call him a gentleman) wearing his backwards baseball hat while dining with his date. Come on guys--learn some manners. Take off your damned hat at the dinner table!

I highly recommend Bellas. As the Terminator would say..."I'll be back!"

• Visited April 2014

Alexandria, MN
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Bella's has slid a bit, in my opinion, over the past few years. The food hasn't been as good the last couple of visits and the wait staff even seemed a bit bored while taking our orders. Being one of the prettiest restaurants in the area I hate to see it slide into a state of "ho-hum". We will probably give it one more try, but talking to other people lately about it, I was sad to hear they had similar experiences while eating there.

Visited April 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service and lack of cleanliness”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was very disappointed with the service I recently received while trying Bella's on Broadway. Based on some of the previous reviews I was excited to go there and try their food with my husband. Unfortunately my poor experience started right away when we stepped in the door. My husband and I waited 10 minutes before a hostess arrived to the entrance to check us in, and this was AFTER we rang the bell. At first I brushed it off because we were directed to a table right away, but our service continued to go downhill from there. The table we were given had two big water puddles from previous drink glasses and our menus, which were paper, were wet and stained with food. Our hostess left before we could even say a word. We thought, no big deal we'll just ask for our table to be wiped once the waitress arrives. Another 10 minutes passed and we had yet to be greeted by our waitress so we decided to get up and leave. A quality restaurant has your drinks to the table within the first five minutes, and this place definitely doesn't meet the cut. While we were leaving, the table of four sitting adjacent to us said "good for you guys, we've been waiting an hour for our pasta to arrive, if we hadn't ordered we would have left too". Furthermore we were never acknowledged by anyone on our way out and because of this we will not be returning.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nicolette L
ALEXANDRIA
“So Good!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Bella's = great Italian food, pretty décor, and a romantic atmosphere. This is a favorite spot for us!

Visited February 2014
Starbuck, Minnesota, United States
“Wasn't sure because I'm not a fun of Italian but was impressed!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

As my title indicated I am not a big fan of Italian food, but it's where my wife wanted to go. I had read some of the Trip Advisor reviews and they were positive but mixed so we weren't sure what to think. It was a delayed Valentine's dinner so my wife won out, but we were both happy with out meals. I often have Walleye when eating out, at least when I can find it under $20 and when the fillet was brought to my table I was surprised at both how large it was and the crunchiness of the breading for having a white sauce on top.

• Visited February 2014