“Deferred Maintenance!”

Holiday Inn Alexandria
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Duct tape holding the carpet together, old door to the room with very squeaky hinge, bathroom door that didn't always latch, old run down pool area, pool towels the size of hand towels, lots of freeway noise. I would stay somewhere else!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kastuart
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear kastuart,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here as part of an annual group event recently. We travel a fair amount and this hotel is wayyyy to overprices for how badly it needs updates and repairs. We paid over $125 for a night. Bathroom door cracked... hard to open door. Talked to one couple and their door handle actually came off. The outside doors claim to be locked 24 hours a day and only able to room via a key.... not the case, opened right up with no key needed. Teeny tiny whirlpool does not match the size of the hotel and the amount of guests that try to use it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Duane R, Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

I am sorry to read about your experience during your stay with us. We are in the middle of a big renovation and you were in a room that had not yet been updated. I am proud of our property and staff and we all care greatly about each guest. Thank you for your input and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you again!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We were very excited at the thought of having a family getaway weekend. We chose this hotel because of the location, advertisement of a remodel, plus the pools, basketball, volleyball court and floor hockey area. Upon checking into our pool side room, we went to tour the hotel amenities. The pool area was ok and included a few video games, air hockey and ping pong tables which the kids enjoyed. The "court" area was located next to the pool area. We were under the impression that this would be something like a sport court. It was a large open, carpeted area where a few basketball hoops were put out, a volleyball net and some hockey nets. Nothing like we had imagined. The sleeping room was average. If we were to stay again, it definitely would not be pool side. It was very loud until 11:30 at night. The food at the attached restaurant was average at best.

Room Tip: Do not get poolside unless you plan on being up socializing or utilizing the pool area until close.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Duane R, Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

I am very sorry to hear that part of your stay was less than perfect....We pride ourselves on guest service and want everyone who stays here to have a wonderful experience. Glad to see a favorable service score and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Enjoyed finding our favourite hotel at the end of a long day but that's where the joy ended.

This is a tired, noisy place that salted the wound by being overly expensive.

Great staff and an adjoining restaurant helped sooth the pain but this is a definite by-pass on all future journeys.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Duane R, Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

I am very sorry to hear your experience was anything less than perfect...I will look into your stay and take every measure to ensure we correct any issues immediately! Please give us another try, I assure you that your stay will be excellent! And, we are in the middle of a remodel and many of the "tired areas" will be resolved very shortly! We are proud of the service we give and try to treat our valued guests like family!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was not satisfied with the service I received. several people were very rude and unfriendly...The prices I paid were way higher than they needed to be...Some rooms just smell bad and carpet is wrinkled up and duct taped...I WILL NOT RETURN

• Stayed: December 2013
Duane R, Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

I apologize for the service you received, we take great pride in our service at the Holiday Inn. I will look into your stay and take every measure to ensure we correct those issues immediately! Please give us another try, I assure you that your stay will be excellent! And, we are in the middle of a remodel and the carpet issue will be resolved very shortly!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed here in 2012 and just got back from staying again... I WILL NEVER go back!
Last year it was just about ok but this year I stayed for 6 nights after the 3rd night I had to go and ask for my room to be cleaned. The maid never made the bed properly,never cleaned the bathroom or the coffee maker. In the 6 nights I was there the coffee maker was NEVER cleaned.
Carpets are worn and have wholes in and they have even taped some up. DONT look at the photos on the site its nothing like it.
The pool area is terrible, hence I did not use it once.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Duane R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay! I assure you we are working hard to update the rooms and property as a whole. The carpets will be new soon! The hotel will be non smoking after complete renovation of those rooms and that should help greatly with the other issue. I will look into the service you received and fix that immediately. There is no excuse for that, and we are very proud of our hotel and the service we provide. We obviously failed that with you...I hope you give us another try, I look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This was a short stay as we checked in late and left early. While the room was clean and comfortable it did appear that some updating was necessary. The staff that checked us in and out was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the kind words! We strive to do our best and make every stay the best it can b

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Hampton Inn and Suites Alexandria
Days Inn Alexandria MN
Days Inn Alexandria MN
#10 of 13 in Alexandria
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Glenwood

Been to Holiday Inn Alexandria? Share your experiences!