“Long Wait”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #25 of 73 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I wish I could say good things about this Perkins location but I can't. When I walked in the door I had to wait about 10 mins before I was even seated. After being seated it was probably another 10 or 15 mins for someone to come take my order. When the waitress took my order, (since it was a tuesday kids are supposed to be able to eat free until 10) I asked if we would still get the discount even though by then it was 9:40ish. She said yes I'd still get it. So I ordered 2 meals instead of just one to share since I thought it would be free. My son is 2 and is usually content with sharing. When I got the bill it was opened at 9:42pm clearly within the 10pm time frame. but by the time we were done eating it was after 10. I had been charged with both meals. Clearly it wasn't an oversight since the kids meal had a big circle around it from a pen. Since the service was so slow from the beginning I just decided to not even say anything. Paid and left. Too bad for them I will not be back to this location. I'll take my money elsewhere. Where the service is better and where they don't straight up lie to you. Would have been a lot different if the waitress would have just explained everything when she handed me the bill but oh well.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Perkins is one of my favorite chains, and this location did not disappoint. The food was good as it always is, and the service was fast. My waiter was good and efficient but he spoke kind of soft, and I had to ask him to repeat things several different times. I ordered breakfast even though it was evening, and it was very good. The eggs and hash browns were cooked perfectly. I asked to have my muffin served before the eggs and hash browns, but the waiter forgot to do this because he brought the muffin out with my meal. Not a big deal, though. The wildberry muffin was excellent, and I had to buy another one to take home for breakfast the next day! Overall, another great experience at Perkins!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

You cannot beat Perkins.It tastes the same at all of them.The oatmeal is served with brown sugar and raisins.The waitress was very cheerful and th service quick.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

My daughter and I both ordered omelets in the evening of 5/28/13and were quite disappointed. Not only were the omelets half the size they should be, they had a rubbery texture that offended our palettes. Besides being, small they were square instead of rectangle (kind of like half the omelet had run off somewhere). I've eaten at many different Perkins in my life and this was the worst omelet I've ever been served.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

This Perkins is great. Great service. The food is consistently good. Love the desserts! I must say again...great service.