“Great location”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Alexandria
United States
“Great location”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were in for the Wine Festival. Our room was spacious, super clean and overall just nice! The staff (GREG) was awesome! We met others in the Hotel and it was simply a wonderful stay! We will book there again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
North Dakota
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had reserved the trip myself for the WRONG NIGHT!! Of course, when we got there, we did not have a room. Staff found that I had mistakenly reserved for the PREVIOUS NIGHT! Completely my fault. I had been a "no show." However, they booked us for the night we showed up, at no additional charge (could easily have charged us for both nights). Greg, on staff that night, was very pleasant and helpful. Housekeeper was also very pleasant following morning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Pipestone, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here for a weekend with our son, daughter-in-law and our small grandchildren. Dee made sure our rooms were right across from each other. The doors "stuck" a bit, so we had to pull them shut. It has a nice location right off of I94 near restaurants, Target and Walmart. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. Although quiet, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We were happy there was an elevator. Our rooms had refrigerators and microwaves. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast in the morning, which was very nice and quite appropriate for a family with children. The eating area was kept clean, which I appreciated very much. We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our 1 night stay here. Older hotel, very clean, extremely well adapted for disabled people. If I was in a wheelchair, I would have appreciated even more this hotel! The pool and hot-tub were accessible (equipped with chair elevator). In the morning i smelled fresh coffee from the 2nd floor and was easily guided to a great breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

clean, friendly staff, small gym, but they are affiliated with a bigger one if you need to work with more equipment, the gym room is extremely hot in the summer, convenient location, walking distance to Wal-Mart and lots of fast food restaurants

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip, and it was a good hotel for the price. The room looked nice and was clean. The continental breakfast offered more than most, and it was pretty decent.

However, the staff were quiet and kind of weird. Also, I broke out in hives during my stay - this has only happened to my at one other place (and I travel a lot). Being that itchy hives are fairly unpleasant, I probably won't be staying there again. In addition, the hotel room doors were very loud and were constantly slamming. This jerk across the hall from me intentionally slammed the door 3 times in a row. Not that this was the staff or hotel's fault, since I didn't complain. But constructing a hotel with doors that loud is pretty stupid.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear door slamming all the time, ask for a room the farthest away from anyo...