“BW Alex MN”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Alexandria
Inver Grove Heights, United States
“BW Alex MN”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Excellent biz hotel with great internet signal. Bed was very comfortable. Tons of restaurants nearby with a fridge inside for leftovers. Reserving the room online was simple and cheaper to do the website.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed for an overnight for work. I made the reservation through an online booking agent about 60 minutes prior to arrival. The reservation was not in the system. Fortunately, I did not pay through the website in advance. The front desk staff person was apparently in training so this stumped him momentarily, however, the trainer just popped in and assisted as needed. They gave me a choice of first or second floor. I chose the first and apparently someone was already reserved in that room in their system but they were able to move me into it. The room was clean, carpets fresh, bedding looked nice and clean. The only noticeable item that needed attention was the shower head which probably needed to be taken apart as it was spraying wildly and the floor was entirely soaked while I had it running to warm up. Hate the old style set up of the bathroom layout. Sink and vanity is part of the main room and toilet and shower was in a room. The fan was super loud. While I really dislike this style of bathroom set up, it was really clean (as I've already said) and is upgraded. The tile on the floor is up to date. The bed was comfortable and the desk area was nice for work. The wireless internet was really easy to connect to and was fast. I had no glitches in service in the time I was working. I would've loved to check out the fitness facility - but forgot my shoes! Uuugh. Breakfast is included but was the standard carb loaded breakfast - I opted for coffee only. I will make reservations here the next time I am in town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank daski
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed here for an extended weekend. The first night we were kept awake by foot traffic outside our room. We saw the signs in the hallways for non-smoking rooms. However, the first room was not in any means a non-smoking room. The front desk said there'd been an extended guest staying there that was a heavy smoker. Even though they smoked outside, the room still smelled like they'd smoked in the room. We left to take a walk, which wound up returning to a better smelling room after they'd treated with an air purifier and fragrance fogger.
We were relaxing during a cable TV station marathon of Harry Potter when the front desk manager knocked on our door, asking if we'd want to change rooms.
We packed up, moved to the room right above us. After about 30 minutes in that room, we smelled smoke again.
Again with the fragrance to treat the room, and all in all, this was a better room, and there wasn't that much foot traffic keeping us up through the night.
We know we're headed back to Alexandria, hoping this BW is improved so we can stay, for the kind staff members. They're really ready to give you the shirt off your back, and make your room what you'd expect.
Those 2 rooms that I stayed in could REALLY use some TLC, but I would go back for the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms by the stairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Aurora, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The check in staff was very friendly. He made us feel comfortable and was very helpful. Other than a little dirt on the top edge of the shower and dirt and a little mold on the wall behind the toilet it was a nice hotel. The bed was comfortable and had updated bedding. It had a flat panel television and HBO and much appreciated Wi fi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Apple Valley, United States
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We found this "good-value" hotel to be a perfect match for our needs during a recent vacation. It's conveniently located right off of I-94 and within a couple miles of the Central Lakes Trail, a paved and well-maintained biking trail that is great for seniors trying to avoid hilly terrain.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were in for the Wine Festival. Our room was spacious, super clean and overall just nice! The staff (GREG) was awesome! We met others in the Hotel and it was simply a wonderful stay! We will book there again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

North Dakota
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had reserved the trip myself for the WRONG NIGHT!! Of course, when we got there, we did not have a room. Staff found that I had mistakenly reserved for the PREVIOUS NIGHT! Completely my fault. I had been a "no show." However, they booked us for the night we showed up, at no additional charge (could easily have charged us for both nights). Greg, on staff that night, was very pleasant and helpful. Housekeeper was also very pleasant following morning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria
Holiday Inn Alexandria
Holiday Inn Alexandria
#9 of 12 in Alexandria
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Glenwood

Been to Best Western Alexandria Inn? Share your experiences!