“Wonderful atmosphere and great employees!”

Carlos Creek Winery
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Alexandria
More attraction details
Owner description: The Official Wine of Minnesota FUN! Enjoy sampling & drinking our award winning wines surrounded by our vineyards & orchards. Bring your family and friends and enjoy the many exceptional activities and events we offer.We're open 361 days of the year. Complimentary self-guided tours through our wine cave are offered during our open hours. Owner's Production Tours are offered Saturdays at 1:00 and 3:00 for $5. Wine sampling is $9 for 5-6 samples of wine and includes a souvenir Carlos Creek wine glass. We offer live music from 2:00-6:00 every Saturday, plus Fridays & Sundays during the Summer. The second weekend after Labor Day we host our Grape Stomp and Fall Festival where over 800 people will stomp grapes.
Middleton, Wisconsin
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wonderful atmosphere and great employees!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Our family stopped here last Saturday evening to go on the complimentary tour and taste a couple wines. None of us had ever been to a winery before, but it was an absolute blast! The tour was very short (10-15 minutes), but very informative and neat. The wine tasting was my highlight. For $6/person you were able to taste five different wines. They also had live music and all of the employees were VERY nice and helpful. If you are in the area, you need to stop in!

Visited December 2013
riverbound, Owner at Carlos Creek Winery, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank You Mike for the great review! I will share your comments with our staff - it will be like an Christmas present. I love our team here at Carlos Creek and know they work very hard to create a great atmosphere for customers.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Fun to Visit”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A nice winery located just a few miles north of Alexandria and the Arrowwood Resort. The wine tasting area is nicely decorated and you can enjoy your purchases with the indoor seating, when the weather outside does not cooperate. They also offer a selection of gift items available for purchase.

The outdoor seating is very nice and live music is an added treat. They have pedal cars for viewing the grounds and a natural maze to test your skills. You can also walk the grounds while you enjoy your purchase. We have not been to the grape stomp in the fall, but I have heard this is a blast to attend! Best time to visit is spring through fall. Call ahead to find out about when live music is scheduled.

Visited June 2013
MinneSNOWta
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A winery in Minnesota? Worth a trip to visit this GEM!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I am a flight attendant so I travel a quite a bit and whenever I tell someone that we have an awesome winery in my hometown of Alexandria, Minnesota, I hear "What? A winery in Minnesota?" That's right folks, right here in our own backyard is a hidden gem! We are so fortunate to have this fun place to visit. I always feel like I am on vacation when I visit Carlos Creek Winery. The grounds are serene and meticulously manicured, including the vineyard, live music on the weekends, gorgeous tasting room and friendly, helpful staff. The wine...did I mention the wine? Two words, AWARD WINNING. They have an extensive wine menu with something to please every palate. I'm no wine snob but I like my wine and Carlos Creek has a gifted winemaker. I highly recommend a visit to Carlos Creek Winery...you will return again and again! Check their website often to keep current with all the fun things to do at the winery and make sure you LIKE their Facebook page.
carloscreekwinery.com

Visited July 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amazing Wine and Excellent Service!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Love this place. Small town friendly service with big city taste.The scenery is gorgeous, staff is fun and friendly and most importantly, the wine is delicious (my favorite is the Hot Dish Red). I celebrated my bridal shower here and the service was just as outstanding as it always is when my husband and I stop by. Whether you are attending one of their events, a girls night out or a quiet evening with your husband this place is a hidden gem for any occassion!

Visited September 2013
Fargo, North Dakota
“Grape Stompin' is the Best!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Had a great time when I attended the last Annual Grape Stomp at Carlos Creek Winery. The facility is so beautiful and well kept. The staff is so accomodating, helpful and professional. The activities and vendors they had at the Grape Stomp were great too. I just can't say enough about how well thought out everything was. Even with the rain the staff was able to still make sure everything went well.

Great Job! I will be back many more times.

Visited September 2013