“Very Good Food!”

Lake Cafe
Ranked #33 of 73 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Description: Relax and enjoy one of the many dining specialties featured daily, while overlooking the outdoor pool, Deck Bar & Grill and beautiful Lake Darling. Tuesday night enjoy build your own burger bar served from 5pm to 9pm. Friday all you can eat build your own Pasta or Stir Fry Bar served from 5pm to 10pm. Sunday Brunch featuring Chef Carved Prime Rib and made to order Omelet Station. Also featuring build your own Bloody Mary Bar. Served from 10am to 2pm.
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

We picked the off season to stay at Arrowwood Resort, that time worked with our schedule. We ate at the Lake Cafe and enjoyed it very much. The restaurant was not crowded at all and we got right in. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. The food was delicious! The portions were good size and everyone in our family walked away with full, happy tummys. We plan on visiting the restaurant again, would recommend it. Only thing some people may not enjoy, some of the decorations felt dated and even music playing was from the 80's...but being a child of the 80's myself I actually enjoyed it.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Arrowwood Resort use to be a special place to visit, with the restaurant experience feeling like a fine dining experience. NO MORE!!

We visited on a Friday evening for dinner. The hotel lobby was very very crowded and busy with sports teams & families checking in with all their sports gear, coolers, etc. I'm very glad for Arrowwood that they are able to get the business of so many families for these events and I don't discount the importance of that for their business. But, I personally would not want to stay there with that huge number of kids running around if I wanted a special week-end away. Arrowwood would not be my choice.

Over the past couple of decades, I have had the opportunity to attend a few conferences, wedding receptions, etc at Arrowwood and at those events, their food has been fairly tasty. They know how to accommodate conferences.

They offer an all-you-can eat pasta buffet on Fridays. The restaurant felt like a cheap cafeteria with conference tables and chairs set up in the middle of the dining room. I know they probably needed to do that to accommodate all the families that are there for the sporting events in town as well as the water park. But it sure cheapens the atmosphere of the restaurant. The pasta buffet was very very bland. They have a very small cup to hold your veggies/meat selections before you move down the line to the chef that will make your pasta dish. They offer two types of pasta as well as a red or white sauce. A large selection of the vegetables were frozen, which was not appealing. The pasta dish was barely warm when they finished cooking it. The dessert selections 'look' appealing, but again, very very bland tasting. Obviously, these desserts are mass produced - pulled out of the freezer selections. With the combination of the dining room atmosphere and the food, I could't leave soon enough. This restaurant is in dire need of an upgrade!!!!

With the exception of the pasta bar, the menu prices are extremely high for what in all reality is just a very mediocre dining experience. I'm not paying $25-30 for an entree when I'm feeling like I'm sitting in a high school cafeteria! Maybe visiting a non week-end evening would have resulted in a better experience, but I doubt I will be back for a LONG time to give it another try.