“The best place to stay”
Review of Skyline Motel

Skyline Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 18 April 2013

You'll meet the most kind caring n most considerate people ever. So worth it. Thank you for an amazing stay w you.you are amazing and thank you for everthing.thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Skyline Motel

Reviewed 29 September 2012

The Skyline is a classic mom and pop motel, with excellent accomodations for a short term stay.
The rooms are small with a comfortable bed, small fridge and microwave, a small HD tv, and comfortable easy chair. but, most importantly spotlessly clean and fresh. All rooms are smokefree.and unlike some motels, this has been the case long enough for smoke from days past is gone.
I have stayed here in the fall numerous times over the past ten years on short fishing trips and feel a bit like family. They make running water and a table for fish cleaning available, electric outlets at the rooms and in the picnic area for batttery charging and a picnic table at which we cook our meals.
The owners are very friendly and more than willing to offer advice on places to eat and things to do while in the wonderful community of Alexandria. The motel location is within walking distance of groceries, fast food, bar food,,and a large shopping mall. Alex offers a wide range of eating establishments.
No pool, no bar and restaurant, no continental breakfast --A single is $55 and a good safe night's sleep, can't beat it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank John N
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We located this place using freestyle selection when Kayak only showed motels costing more than we were willing to pay. Alexandria is a busy tourist area, and this was the weekend before the 4th. We headed into town and spotted their sign. The motel is on a side street, which is quiet, and back from the road. There is especially when nothing special about the Skyline, but the people running it were very friendly. When we wanted to spend another night they moved things around to make room for us. The rooms aren't special, but they are very clean. The whole experience was like stepping back into the fifties, from the sign out front to the blue tile in the bathroom. Has a fridge & microwave, but no hair dryer. It was a good base to look around the town where I was born about #$%@+!years ago--especially when national chains have the prices jacked up.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larry J
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I haven't actually stayed here - I simply tried to make a reservation. I called ahead in April for a reservation in July. The man who answered told me he would not take a reservation for 'that far in advance'. How is that possible when July is the high season? I was told he had no reservation book yet and to call back in a 'few weeks'. I waited three weeks as instructed and when I called back I was told by a woman this time that all the double rooms were booked. I could book one of their other rooms however. When I inquired about the rate, she told me she didn't know what it would be. Last year was $69 and they 'might raise the rate'. Really? I can't get a price quote at the time of reservation? How is that possible? I usually feel good after making a reservation - like 'good, my lodging is nailed down'. Not with this place. I'll be staying somewhere else where I can make a proper reservation and be sure of the rate I'll be charged.

Room Tip: Find another motel?
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 1MNGirl
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Skyline Motel in Alexandria, MN, on Oct 23, 2011. We had a very clean basic room with full bath at about 2/3 of the next lowest priced hotel in Alexandria. While the motel is nothing fancy, the room had everything one needs for a comfortable and quiet night's stay. Plus it is very convenient to downtown Alexandria. For those reasons, I rate it "excellent". It met our requirements 100%.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank axelmn
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I've stayed here for several years on my annual fishing trip - but this year my wife joined me. It's a fine small motel with comfortable beds and a clean bathroom. WiFi worked well even though we were in the end unit. A bit hard to find, but worth it for value and quiet. Plus - you can park outside your room!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy W
Reviewed 28 April 2010

Pros: Enough parking for our boat, plus outlets outside for charging the boat battery. Able to park right outside our room. Nice and helpful staff. Very safe place. Lots of windows in the room. Cozy room. VERY clean. Had Wi-Fi.

Cons: No coffee pot or blow dryer. No breakfast. Not many outlets in the room. TV remote didn't work.

Overall: Great mom and pop hotel. Outstanding value. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple