“Great Time at Arrowwood Resort”

Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Alexandria
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Time at Arrowwood Resort”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have been a frequent guest at Arrowwood Resort over the past 5 years. I return time & again with friends and family for the great service, great fun and, perhaps most important in this economy -- GREAT VALUE!

The staff at Arrowwood are very friendly -- this includes the front desk, restaurant and of course, at the waterpark. Don't be afraid to order food & drink at the waterpark. This is not your typical park food -- you know, where you usually pay top dollar for poor food. No, not at all. The food is priced quite reasonably and it tastes great too!

I highly recommend a room with a view of the lake --- and if you want an extra special treat, rent one of the townhomes. They are absolutely incredible.

I am returning again this summer -- with a larger group -- and expect to have another great time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments about Arrowwood! We appreciate when our wonderful staff is recognized for their friendliness and great service. We look forward to seeing you and the rest of your group this summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We went with 5 kids ages 1 to 10 and got a "family room" with two beds and a separated room with a hide a bed couch and two chairs. The room was very spacious. Our room was nicely updated except the TVs (which were small for the room size and probably from the 90's), the bathroom door which was peeling and warped on the bottom and the ceilings. Overall we would not complain about the room at all (except for the TV's).
The waterpark was great for the ages of our kids and they loved it. We didn't notice any rusty stuff but the edges along the windows are very dusty and would agree they probably do not ever dust in there.
Since it was Spring Break, they also had activities for the kids in the activity barn which our kids enjoyed (decorating cookies, smores, decorating T-shirts, games and popcorn).
We ordered pizzas and two pitchers of pop from the restaurant there. The pizza was good but they only sent 4 plates (I requested 6 with the order), no napkins and no cups for the pop. They did bring that up quickly after I called to request it though.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
I would like to thank the reviewer for the great comments about spring break at Arrowwood! I was happy to hear you enjoyed your room and the waterpark. We are replacing the TV's in the family rooms with 42" HDTV's in the coming weeks. Thank you for mentioning some of the activities your family enjoyed while they were here. We are very happy you enjoyed and appreciated it! Looking forward to seeing you again soon at Arrowwood!
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The first time I brought my family and the kids loved the water park. This time I was here for a conference. Both times everything was as it should be.

• Stayed March 2012
Horace, North Dakota
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed for one night with our kids, ages 6 and 9. They had a blast in the waterpark. We were able to check in early to our room, which was very nice and allowed the kids some extra time in the waterpark. Large updated room with a very clean bathroom. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. We ordered some food and drinks in the waterpark and the prices were reasonable and the food was good. Very friendly staff. Would definately stay here again. No complaints at all! Kids had a blast! Many other activites are available, which sounded like a lot of fun!

Room Tip: We had a lake view room, which would be great in the summer! Balcony with sliding doors. The water...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
North Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Enjoy this little piece of "heaven" and is my go-to place for finding myself. The pool is large and with the water park on the other side of the resort, often is a place of serenity. Have had the foot massage, treated others to a facial or body massage...and everyone has "puddled" out of there--they are so relaxed.

Best part for me is the restaurant, fabulous salads, great desserts and you can't beat the view of the lake through those panorama-sized windows. Fireplaces in the restaurant or upstairs in the Rafters makes it cozy and very-homelike; great places "to just hang". The beds and linens are top-notch and the double sinks in the room is such an added bonus. I want to return now, just thinking about it. LJH

Room Tip: Any level----looking out at the lake is a great room; all rooms have a balcony and glass sliding doo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Last week my boyfriend took me to Arrowwood for my 27th birthday present. I have been to this resort several times as a child and had a fantastic time, so I was excited to come back and see what it had in store for me as an adult. I also have never visited before in the winter, and had no idea what to expect for amenities during the cold snowy months. We stayed for 2 nights and definitely had plenty to do. We arrived late on a wednesday night, and I was very happy to hear that the indoor pool and hot tub were open til 12am, and not allow kids after 10. The next day we went ice fishing on lake darling behind the resort. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful while we were making our reservations. We were driven to the location by truck, and brought to a toasty warm spacious ice house, with the holes already drilled and ready for us to catch some fish. I was fortunate enough to have a surprise spa appointment in the middle of the day. The girls working in the spa were the sweetest girls I have ever met. Their skills were fantastic. I have never had a better massage in my entire life! The girl giving me my pedicure was such a sweetheart, and so friendly we just talked and talked the entire time. Another thing I loved about this resort was the water park. It is a wonderful place to be for all ages. I loved it when I was younger, and I think I enjoyed it even more as an adult. There are a lot of long water slides, lazy river, basketball hoops, and a 12 and older hot tub. There is a bar in the water park as well, and an arcade. The bar staff in the water park was phenomenal. So friendly. The Lake Cafe restaurant and The Rafters lounge were superb. We had 3 meals in the hotel and the food was excellent. My boyfriend is in the culinary industry and can be very judgmental about certain dishes, and he was thoroughly impressed with the quality and taste of all our meals.
Mary in the Rafters Lounge was the nicest funniest lady in the resort. A total sweetheart, she talked to us for so long and was a complete pleasure to be around. The room was exquisite. It was incredibly spacious, had vaulted ceilings, modern furniture, and a spectacular view of the lake. I had such a wonderful experience here, and no doubt will be coming back many, many more times throughout the course of my life.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Had a conference here. The location is nice but the rooms need updating. The walls in the bathroom had some water damage and the tub had seen better days.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business