“Business Trip”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 31 October 2013

When we arrived in Alexandria we had no reservations there were 5 hotels in the same area.
We choose the Americinn . The property was updated and clean. The bed was great we had a good nights rest after driving 6 hours. The breakfast was excellent nice selection of foods and coffee and juices. The desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. Their are a number of food places near hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
NicoleWaxweiler, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank-You for your nice words. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay from start to finish! We look forward to your future stays!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our stay was wonderful, the staff was friendly and the building and rooms are very well maintained. The continental breakfast here is one of the better ones that we have had in all our hotel stays, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay while staying in Alexandria.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
NicoleWaxweiler, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in Alexandria. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your future stay!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Clean and pleasant hotel with a pool and whirlpool and a hot breakfast! Bed was softer than we like, but hotel was clean, staff was incredibly pleasant and helpful, and the price we paid could have been much higher.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
1  Thank Ellen L

Thank-You for your comments on your recent stay in Alexandria, we thank you for your great comments. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed at the AmericInn the night of Sept 14th. We needed to find a hotel in Alexandria becauce my Mother had been taken by ambulance to the Alexandria hosp. All of the hotels we called were full, except the AmericInn. We stayed at one before and had no problem and a pleasent stay. Not so at this one! We had our small Havenese 8 lb non- shedding dog with us, AmericInn charged us $50.00 non refundable for the dog! All the other local hotels in Alexandria charged $10 to $25.00. Our room I believe was $110.00. (Not including the 50.00 pet fee!)

Our room was a complete disappointment!! The carpet had a big hole in it next to the bed and looked old and worn! The upholstered chair in the room was filthy! The bed pillows were so hard your head was at a 90 degree angle to your body when trying to lay on the pillow! I even took a towel from the bathroom and tried to make that work! but even that was too hard. The bed was so soft and uncomfortable we had trouble sleeping. I am lucky if I got an hour of sleep!! We both had stiff necks and I woke with my hips in pain.

The bathroonm had no ventilation; rust was on the sealing frames that supports the false ceiling, and the grout around the ceramic tile above the tub was somewhat discolored and starting to show deteroration.

Last but certainly not least was the noise! Doors banging people talking into the night. The walls seemed paper thin. We couldn't even hear the T.V over the noise without cranking up the volume, which we didn't want to do. We coudn't tell if the noise was coming from the hallway or the other rooms.

I cannot in good consience recommend this AmericInn to anyone. We have stayed in wonderful hotels and some not so wonderful, but We have NEVER had a worse night as we did here. I would sleep in my car before I would stay there again. Completely unsatisfied!

Room Tip: Choose a diferent hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail S

Gail~

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was poor, especially given the extraordinary circumstances surrounding your need to stay in Alexandria on last minute notice. We have taken your comments seriously. We have revisted our pet policy and we have made adjustments for the future. We were not made aware of your displeasure with your room until checkout the next day. If we had been, we would have certainly would have taken care of it for you. The condition of the room has been checked and remedied. We have constant presence from our maintenance staff in the rooms at all times, so we have addressed the concerns on the carpeting and chair.

The hotel is made of solid masonry construction. AmericInn's pride themselves on the "quiet factor". If we had known there was a noise issue, we would have addressed it immediately for you.

We hope you find a way to give us another chance to earn your business back on a future trip to Alexandria.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I arrived the day before my business associate so I wanted the Inn to charge me the first night and then split our bill for the next 2 nights. Management could not figure that out so just split the entire bill. Effectively undercharging me and overcharging my room mate.
The room had 2 queen sized beds which were very comfortable but the room was a bit crowded with 2 beds of that size.
Breakfast was available but was of very mediocre quality , although they did have convenient serving times and the serving staff were very cordial. A local paper and the Minniapolis Tribune were available in the dinning area as a courtesy.
We had to check out at the front desk as opposed to having the bill left under the door early in the morning., which was inconvenient.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve O
NicoleWaxweiler, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

We thank-you for your comments regarding your stay. I have looked into the billing error you had brought to our attention, however it does look like those charges were split evenly on the second night that your business associate had arrived. I also would like to apologize you felt our free continental breakfast was not to your standards, we strive to meet all our guests expectations will a large variety. Again, thank you for your comments this always helps us improve.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was an easy on, easy off hotel. The location was quiet yet within walking distance to decent restaurants. The value was great. After a long day of travel this was fine and met my expectations. Go see Ole before leaving town. ;-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Glad to hear you were happy with your stay! Look forward for you to visit in the future!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have reviewed this property before, very good. This review has to do with my current stay of one night. I got into my room and there was something wrong... kinda weird smell to the air and the carpet seemed damp when i took off my shoes.... crazy hot and humid in Alex today.... so i hung in the room for about a half hour but decided that the AC unit was pushing out cold but not low humidity... went back to the desk and reported it... no big deal, they gave me another room, went up, much better... they changed around the room info in their system, no questions.... and, btw, they switched me to a whirlpool suite.... the deal i'm writing about is not problems with air conditioners, this happens, I get it as a business traveler (150+ per year).... the deal is customer service, that is what is most important to me... if there is an issue they deal with it... and that is why I'm posting a second time on this property.... they get it, customer service, do what you can and make it right... and, btw, i met a couple in the hallway, something was funky about their original room, I chatted with the Mr. while the Mrs went down to the desk got stuff worked out and they were switched as well.... happy anonymous couple... oh, mentioned before but for reference it was unseasonably hot and humid here, like high 90's in temp, and higher than normal humidity... all that wreaks havoc on the hotel systems.. all that said, this is my go to hotel in Alex.... they get it and care :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank-You for taking the time and reviewing us again! I am happy to hear your issues were taken care of quickly! We hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Hampton Inn and Suites Alexandria
Days Inn Alexandria MN
Days Inn Alexandria MN
#10 of 12 in Alexandria
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Glenwood

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!