“Avoid”

Carnoustie Golf Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Angus
Carnoustie Golf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Angus
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Came here for a work night out at Christmas, paid £35 and what a disaster. The meal was cold, they did not have a large selection of drinks available at the bar and the place was cold. As the night goes on, the bar prices go up! Do they think that every1 gets drunk and doesnt notice what they are doing!!!!!!! I would never go back here, this is meant to be a fantastic hotel according to the people of Carnoustie however I would not rate it at all. You would be better going to stay at other hotels in Dundee.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We decided to come here after getting a really good deal. My boyfriend was really pleased when we got to our room and it was overlooking the first tee on the professional course. I thought it was good that they put us in this room when we weren't paying full price. My boyfriend had paid extra for champagne, flowers and rose petals. The champagne was there but no champagne glasses and I got chocolates instead of the rose petals. That was a bit of a disappointment to be honest but we didn't complain.

The food was very good although I had to complain about the scallop starter. It was priced at £7.95 and when the three small scallops with a bit of sauce on each arrived I thought they were kidding me on. They brought us extra chips and veg with our main meal (which was really good) but I wasn't very happy with the starter.

The spa was brilliant. The girl who gave me my facial and salt scrub couldn't do enough to make me feel pampered and comfortable. The treatments are good value for money and I would recommend them. They have a chill out room for you to relax in afterwards and it is so comfortable, I fell asleep in there.

At times the service could have been better but they were always more than happy to put things right if you pointed it out.

Room Tip: I'd recommend asking for a room overlooking the golf course or with a coastal view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Entrance pictures are badly faded and give a poor initial impression. Room furniture showed signs of minor damage - surely they could have this repaired before guests arrived- shows a lack of care. Black mould on shower tiles and toilet seat was loose - surely items the chamber maids should report as a matter of course. Room was freezing cold when we arrived - but they knew we were coming. We had asked for a quiet room - we were given a room above the entrance! Breakfast service first morning was terrible - no menu/table not properly set/no glasses for juice/staff standing about talking while tables around were littered with dirty dishes.....however second morning was MUCH better - the difference - the maitre d' was there! Overall there is a lack of attention to detail throughout the hotel - 'could do better'.

Room Tip: No point asking for a quiet room - they gave us a room above the entrance !
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This is a beautiful hotel located on the scenic east coast. From arrival to departure all staff were very friendly and most helpful. The spa etc are perfect for relaxing. A good variety on the menu, just a shame we waited nearly an hour for the starter to arrive, by which time a bottle of red had already been consumed. On the whole a great hotel of which we shall return to.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed for the 3 night new year deal which included the black tie dinner. We had a great stay in the Paul Lawrie junior suite. A free upgrade due to my parents being regular visitors.
The staff who were all Scottish were very friendly and helpful.
We would stay again tomorrow if they had a running as this is a bit more expensive than what we would normally pay.

• Stayed: January 2012

Been to Carnoustie Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!