“Clean hotel, but terrible fitness center.”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apple Valley
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Clean hotel, but terrible fitness center.”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel was just fine as far as cleanliness and continental breakfast. The staff was great, and service was above average. My only complaint was the "fitness center", which consisted of one broken elliptical machine and a fan bike. I had my children with me, so was unable to attend a fitness center outside of the facility. When making reservations, the fitness center is something that I always look for, as it's a part of my daily routine. I ended up having to run the 4 floors of steps. Not ideal.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jake D, Owner at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. We are aware of the dated equipment in the fitness center and we are currently in the process of giving it an upgrade. We are confident that we will have an exceptional fitness center available for our customers by the end of the first quarter 2014. We really appreciate your comments and we are already working to fix this problem. Thanks again and we hope to see you on a future stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
St. Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The Americinn at Apple Valley recently underwent some remodeling and updates. We stayed in one of the whirlpool suites--very comfortable, quiet and peaceful. The breakfast spread was more than adequate, and the staff person even checked with us to make sure we had everything we needed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us and our future guests. We are proud of the updates we have made to the hotel and there are still more to come! We hope to have you as our guests again soon!
Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I would normally not stay at an AmericInn only because I prefer more amenities. But I needed a room in this area and only for one night. So after reading the reviews I decided to take a chance that it would be clean and comfortable. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at just how clean and comfortable it was. It was not fancy but had everything a business traveler needs - desk, high-speed internet, flat screen TV, and a comfortable bed. I had just got in the room when the phone rang and it was Jess, the general manager. He was checking to see if everything in the room was fine. That is the kind of attention to detail that every hotel should have, but you don't expect from a value-priced hotel. Thank you Jess for a surprisingly nice stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
We sincerely thank you for staying with us and for posting your review! Please come back and stay with us again.
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had a very nice room, very comfortable. The location has several nearby restaurants, including a Famous Dave's Ribs and right next door is an Old Chicago pizza. The room had a flat screen tv and wi-fi. Nice and quiet, as we have come to expect from AmericInns. There is a breakfast nook with a good assortment of hot and cold items. Staff was courteous.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for your review! I am delighted we could provide you with a pleasant experience. Isn't it convenient that we have so many great restaurants so close by?! We are also just a short drive to many tourist destinations such as the Mall of America. If you don't feel like driving, the new Metro Red Line bus system can get you numerous destinations easily and quickly for $1.75-$2.25! Try it out during your next stay with us! The front desk is happy to give you more details. Come back soon!
Onalaska, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business for almost a month. Let me say this in one word....OUTSTANDING! !!! Jess is just a great owner along with his brother. Fantastic housekeeping paying attention to every small detail. The breakfast was wonderful and they even put it out a little early for us guys working. I hope I get to enjoy another stay with them and wish more hotels upheld the standards we enjoyed there!!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Wow! What an awesome feeling to hear your comments after being one of our long term guests! It was our pleasure having you stay with us. It is also a bummer when people like you leave... Jess, his team and I were happy to accommodate you and hope that you make it back up north to stay with us again!
Charlotte
Reviewed 14 October 2013

If I could create a place that would model my idea of a great motel, this would be it. We have stayed at the AmericInn several times over the past few years. Each time we are treated very well and have found the accommodations very comfortable. This year, we found that they had "redone" every room and redesigned the main area. It was a nice treat. The staff has always been very helpful and pleasant. This year was no different. The breakfast was excellent and the wi-fi was strong. All of these elements went into a very pleasant experience. We look forward to our next visit.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. It makes me so happy to hear about your experience and mostly that you feel at "home" staying with us. What an awesome compliment! Thank you for choosing our hotel each time you are in town and we hope you come back soon!
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My Grand daughters and I stay here The end of may. Sorry it has taken me so long to write this but it was a very hectic summer. Jack was on duty that night and so helpful and considerate with every ? I had. My grand daughters 7 and 2 had a great time. It was very clean and the time we were there it was very relaxing. Jake seemed to be on top of things, very polite and seemed to really like kids. Over all we had a great time. Hospitality was great and your Golden Promise was fulfilled. Thanks Jake for Making our time enjoyable.

Room Tip: Just ask the staff.