“Great food, happy hour and bar menu - bad atmosphere”
Review of Panino Brothers

Panino Brothers
Ranked #60 of 77 Restaurants in Apple Valley
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We've been to Panino Brothers in Apple Valley many, many times. It's a quirky little bar/restaurant and we like it because their tap beer list is one of the best in the area. Fortunately, Panino Brothers in Apple Valley is closing on June 28, with plans to re-open in a new location later this Fall (2014).

Panino's is located in the first floor of the GrandStay Suites in Apple Valley. Rumors of Panino leaving the hotel building have been going on for more than a year. And, sadly, in that time they've let the restaurant and bar area go into a downward spiral. The place never seems clean and the restrooms are in complete disrepair. The atmosphere in the bar among the worst I've ever been to. The only upside is the wait/server staff are always friendly and fast with service -- and the food is great if you like burgers, pizza, cheese fries and panino sandwiches.

I look forward to Panino Brothers re-opening in a new location (word has it they will build next to Cub Foods in Apple Valley. Until then, I'm going to pass on going to their current location because it's so badly run down.

1  Thank Chuck G

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We found this place to be open pretty late on Christmas Eve, so we brought our family of 11 ranging in age from 7 months to 67 years for dinner while staying at the adjoining GrandStay Hotel. First thing we noticed was that the dining area was really, really poorly lit - But after a while our eyes adjusted, and it was ok. Very good service by our waiter - Food (mostly Panino Brothers Sandwiches) were amazing! Not sure I'd bring my senior parents or my children back again due to cement walls, and DJ music - but I'll be back for happy hour sometime, and make sure to again order some more of their special sandwiches! I've lived in the area for a long time, and never found this place before - very glad I've finally become aware of it!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We enjoy the food here, but every time we've come (and that's not an exaggeration, EVERY TIME) it takes forever to get our food. I understand that there is some cook time with the "paninos", but even when we're the only ones in the restaurant we're never there less than an hour. But the food is satisfying enough to come back when we're in the mood and have the time. There's a little too much sports bar trying to be classy here. It seems like it's always loud.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Love love love their pizza...the herbs on top make it!! And all their food is great. Good happy hours too. We eat here alot.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Panino sandwich great. Prices low. Would not go thru door unless you are under 30 and wear your baseball cap backwards. Could be a real winner. Need to do something with atmosphere to broaden appeal to larger demographic. More Applebees, less cement and noise. Would recommend makeover---but don't mess with the food. Don't know if I would go out of my way to go back.