“Better than last time”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Went back b/c a friend recommend it to me. I was informed that it was under new management. Sat in the dining area and it was quiet which I enjoy while I eat. Its hard to come by these days. The server was with it & was on it. Ordered Buffalo wings & it was no wing like any other. It was a WING! It was coated perfectly with their buffalo sauce and it was delicious all the way to the bone. I wanted to try their Clam Chowder but wasn't able to stomach any more after the Happy Hour Specials. The manager greeted our table & was pretty cool. Give it another try if you have had a bad experience before.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stopped in while visiting family on a pre-Xmas holiday visit. We had several appetizers but none of them stood out as especially good or anything we would order again. The best one of all was the "cheese curds" which were deep fried and tasty. We also tried their wings which were served unusually with the whole wing including the tip which is not edible. We had half dry rubbed and half with BBQ Sauce. They were OK but undercooked (a little pink on the inside). Personally I prefer crisp skin with wings and these weren't even close, kind of makes you lose your appetite when you see blood on the bone.

We also ordered two different beer flights since we had never been there. They were all tasty and offer a good variety. This is a good place if you are interested in trying some nice micro brews, they offer both tap and bottled. Just don't expect much from the food and you wiill have a good time.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Food here was pretty good, not great, but I come for the beer selection. The beer selection is very good, and there is always something new. It is nice to have a place that has a large variety of less common beers that is rotating.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The patio is huge with big TVs and great beer. Perfect place to watch fall football games and enjoy appetizers!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

A vegetarian walks into a tap house that specializes in "Baltimore Style Pit Meat" aka The Valley Tap House, situated nicely across the street from the Ford dealer where our new hybrid is being updated. Surprisingly, VTH has more vegetarian offerings that Old Chicago down the street, so decided to check out the beer as well.

As it turned out, the stop became a Stone tasting. Started with the Stone Smoked Porter as my appetizer and then moved to Arrogant B****** for dessert. In between, I had the pretzels with cheddar ale and honey mustard sauce.The cheddar ale sauce was very thin but had ok flavor.The sweetness of the honey mustard went much better with the soft and chewy pretzel sticks. Several other veggie items on the menu, and with this tap list, I'd happily stop in again to give them a try with friends.

Not much of a lunch crowd today, so I had some time to chat about the place with the bartender. She mentioned that the lines cleaned recently, so the fact that I had one of the best drafts of Arrogant B****** in a while—fresh and fell with a full lace—isn't surprising. My primary concern in a multi-tap, especially one in the suburbs, is whether or not the beer is moving well enough to give a good experience for the edgy beer at the end of the tap line that I will be ordering. Drinking familiar beers today, both Stone beers were very good, so it seems that VTP is selling enough beer to keep it fresh and presenting it well.

I made an argument to the bartender that I almost didn't come in because their website doesn't have a list of taps at all, much less an updated one. Also, at the Apple Valley location (another is on Lyndale in Minneapolis), thirty beers are being poured (even more taps since the heavy movers like Fate Tire and Honey Weiss have two lines) instead of the twenty listed on the website. Being that I live locally and had a reason to stop, it's no big deal. However, as I mentioned in my recent post on how I research a beer trip, the lack of a beer menu online is often a reason for scratching a bar from my to-drink list. Of the thirty taps, there wasn't a new beer among them for me, so no entry on the database for VTP; however, there was more than enough choice of old favorites to keep me happy today.

While not a beer destination, Valley Tap House is a perfectly fine stop that has a solid range of drafts to satisfy most beer geeks for a night out with a group of friends or family, especially those that lean towards the carnivore end of the eating spectrum. I've been meaning to get here for nearly a year because some meat eating friends recommended the place, so I think the food is as safe a bet as the beer.

PIctures at http://pintsizedrevelations.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-valley-tap-house-apple-valley-mn.html