“Simply Average - Need to step it up...”
Review of Valley Tap House

Valley Tap House
Ranked #47 of 76 Restaurants in Apple Valley
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've been here a few times and all have left me leaving with the notion that they have a chance to make this a great place...but, they need to step it up a bit.

Their service is OK...they seem to hire people with little to no personality. They walk around like zombies and have no emotion when taking your order, delivering your food, etc...

Their tap selection is good (which should be when you have the word "tap" in your name). Beer was fresh, good prices and good selection of local/regional and international flavors.

Their food - I've had their staple "pit beef" a few times now. Both times the beef was SUPER tough. I mean tough to the point where you are chewing it like rubber bands. Once you've finished, you also need floss as the beef is stringy too. This is the biggest fault of this place. They make a point of making a big deal out of their pit beef, yet on two occasions i've had it, it was tough and unpleasant. Their fries were good, their walleye fish n chips were good...but their pit beef was dreadful.

Last time as far as i'm concerned.

1  Thank mosiniak

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stopped by here to eat on the patio but they had a band and it was full so we were in the almost deserted dining room. I'm not even sure if they have salad on menu..mostly just saw beef & pork..I had the Baltimore pit beef ..quite flavorful and not something you'd get most places. my wife had the cashew chicken sandwich both were big and we left full which is a good thing as they are on the high side of average I had a house Margarita that wasn't great but all in all we'll probably be bach when we want something different

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The food was great, but this is not micro brewery so I am not sure why the name tap house. It looked like they had maybe two dozen different items on tap, so not a huge selection. The patio looked great, outdoor TV's, outdoor bar, nice brick work....the only problem was there was a lot of people smoking. I originally sat down outside and was looking forward to enjoying the patio on a nice evening, but I could not stand the smoke so I had to go back inside.

Very surprised that smoking was allowed, would not think I should have to deal with that issue anymore.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great food, loud, but fun atmosphere. Good service too. The fish fillet basket I got had two huge pieces of fish and were very tasty. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family and I have been here a couple times - most recently during happy hour, pre-dinner on a Saturday. Service was ok, our waitress wasn't overly friendly but it didn't bother us. We ordered a few aps (at half price - nice from 3-7pm). We ordered the cheese curds and received a very generous portion of delicious curds. Honestly we couldn't finish them, and we both love cheese curds. We also ordered the walleye bits and they were also fantastic. Oddly enough our two year old loved them and ate the entire order (who knew)? We ordered our son the grilled chicken breast and that was fine - better then most places. My husband enjoyed a Surly - all in all it was a good experience. There were very few people there which was nice. Other times we have been it is always crowded and service can get slow - but love this place. It is nice to have the Tap House in the burbs. Will return.