“Good Beer Selection”

Crooked Pint Ale House
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in Apple Valley
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Good Beer Selection”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have been here twice, first time was for a Friday happy hour before 5pm. Beers were reasonably priced and they have a good selection of tap beers and a bottle/can beers in their coolers.
The place was packed since it had only been opened for two weeks. My friend and I were lucky to get stools at the bar, the bar area was just packed with people squeezing to move around. It was very loud in there from everyone talking so loud. The sound bounces off the glass ceiling of the dining room that opens up somehow during nice warm weather which we don't get very often around here.
The bartenders (females) were very friendly and nice to look at (a guys perspective). It was easy to get the next beer and the gals were talkative to the customers, which is always nice. When they bring a new beer, the glass is first chilled in a cold water spray/chiller which is a nice touch.
We got appetizers in the normal amount of time which were very good. The Summit Pale Ale was very good that night also.
The second time was a Sunday around noon, they said it was a 45 minute wait, we got a table in the bar while I nursed a Summit IPA, my wife nursed a glass of water. After about twenty minutes I received their text message our table was ready. We ordered our food and I would say it took a good half hour before it arrived. I got one of the fancy burgers, it was good, I got an ok amount of fries. I forgot what my wife got, but she ate it all. The burger prices are in the $8 -$11 range.
During our meal at the table I couldn't help but notice how loud it was in there. It is a very nice looking setup but they really need to invest into a sound abatement program.
This place will probably quiet down when they open up the glass ceiling when the warm weather arrives.
I will be going back for "happy hour" and once in a while to eat there again and try some other things on the menu. This place shares the same parking lot with their owner company "Pizza Ranch", you could always get pizza after drinking a few beers at the Crooked Pint.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“I Didn't Want to Leave!!!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

It's been a long time since I was so pleased with the atmosphere of a place that I didn't want to leave. This is that place. Old dark wood floors combined with old brick walls will make you think your in an old pub smack dab in the middle of the target parking lot in the south suburbs. But it gets even better. The tiled floor area's walls and ceiling open up to the outdoors. And the music just kept playing old hit after hit from the '70s. I can't wait to go back!

Okay, now for the food. We had a lobster grilled cheese and homemade tater tots with cheese and bacon. Yummy food, granted not healthy, but fun and not just your run of the mill menu.

A great place and I am excited that it's located in the southern burbs. It really is a must see. They were putting in bocce ball too for summer. We will definitely be back!

Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Not Your Typical Bar Food”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Apple Valley has plenty of fast food outlets but not much else. We expected the Crooked Pint to have a few burgers, which they do, but were pleasantly surprised to find an extensive menu with all the sandwiches and fries plus lobster pot pies, pot roast, walleye, a variety of soups and salads and many more. The wait staff is friendly and efficient and the prices are reasonable. We'll be back.

• Visited April 2014
Minneapolis
“High prices for quality of food”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

After staring at am "Opening Soon" sign for months it finally opened. My wait was estimated at 20 minutes and it was 35. The space is divided with the dining room only slightly larger than the bar area. You can sit in the bar area without waiting if anything is available. When you give your name at the hostess stand they ask for your cell number and send you a text when your table is ready.

Our waitress, Chelsea B,. did a great job on refilling drinks.

The food was okay. My husband ordered the Cowboy Lucy ($11) and said it was ok. Nothing special and a "I've had better."

My brother's burger was an ordinary cheeseburger ($11) that they agreed to make medium rare - it was medium. And the mashed potatoes with gravy arrived without gravy even though they have it for the pot roast. We were told there is no gravy 5 minutes after receiving our food.

I ordered the lobster grilled cheese ($13) and substituted tater tots ($2 extra). The tater tots were great but you only receive 5-6 large tots; probably not worth the extra money in lieu of fries. The lobster grilled cheese looked like it was made with langostinos. It tasted okay but was very bland. On the menu it said it was on sourdough bread but mine was on bread coated with asiago cheese. A nice touch but I had to salt the sandwich to have any real flavor. And the avocado on the sandwich was brown. Smack Shack does a real lobster sandwich for a few dollars more with quality lobster.

The pot pie ordered by a man at an adjacent table seemed to be all crust. He was hunting for the filling. It looked beautiful though.

Prices are high for the quality/quantity of food. We need more restaurants in this area that have great food. Not sure if we will be back.

3 Thank Karsko