“Not such a good stay!!”

GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Apple Valley
Reviewed 14 April 2013

THe hotel is really nice but the beds were the hardest beds that I have ever slept on it would of been better to sleep on the floor. Then there was hair all over the sofa sleeper. The pool is very small and so is the hot tub.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you for your response. Our hotel is only 5 years old, however we will be starting to upgrade our beds early next year. I am sorry that our hotel pool and hot tub were not up to your expectations. The area is a little small but we try to ensure that our guests can enjoy it by setting times for kids up to a certain time and adults only for the remaining time the pool is open. I truly hope to see you again during your next visit to Apple Valley.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

This hotel is awesome. Full kitchen and living area. Suite provides privacy. Was here with my mom and two kids and had plenty of room plus two tv's. Breakfast was delicious. Pool small but provided much needed recreation. Plenty of restaurants around for dinner or make it yourself. Loved the full size refrigerator and ice maker. No need to walk miles to get ice. Got a great rate. Would recommend this for families. There are few hotels in Apple Valley Rosemount area. Worth a little extra money. Would check websites for offers as I was able to get a better deal online than at the front desk. We decided to stay an extra nite.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the restarurant and bar. We were far away but the people close to the bar coul...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you for your response. I am glad that we exceeded your expectation in several areas. We are working closely with the restaurant owner to ensure that the noise issues are kept at a minimum. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

When we first stayed at this hotel last March, I was more impressed with the staff and overall atmosphere than I was this time around. The quality of the breakfast seems to have declined slightly, although there are still hot items and cold, and the requisite waffle bar. The room itself was clean, although there was a broken glass in our dishwasher when we arrived.

But it was the lack of attention to the outside of the hotel that left the biggest impression. The sidewalk was clear just outside the door, but the parking lot and the sidewalk leading to the entrance were both treacherous to cross for all three days of our stay. I mentioned it TWICE to the front desk, with the only improvement being a scant handful of icemelt applied again ONLY to the area just outside the front door. The first time I mentioned it, the desk clerk raised his eyebrows in surprise, as if he had no idea of the buildup of ice and snow outside. The second time, an eavesdropping housekeeper let me know that it was "impossible" to keep up with the snowfall.

Traveling with little ones and shopping bags and luggage is hassle enough without fear of landing on your you-know-what in what should be a well-maintained space. And, to have it brought to your attention twice without fixing it made this hotel one that I'm much less likely to return to And that's too bad because it has super easy access to the MN Zoo, which we love and visit several times each year.

Room Tip: Walls are thin -- and only one elevator, so choose carefully :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

I appreciate that you chose the GrandStay Apple Valley for your accommodations. I am truly sorry that we fell short of your expectation during your recent stay. I am surprised to see your comment about our breakfast. We have added more since your last stay with us and rather than having the same items each day we now rotate the hot items. We now have a rotation of Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, Cheese Omelets, Biscuits & Gravy, Breakfast Burritos, etc. I am sorry that our breakfast was not up to your standards and would appreciate any additional feedback. I am also sorry that our Plowing Company was not keeping up with the parking lot and walks. I will address this issue as well.

Again I truly hope to see you again during your next visit to Apple Valley.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed three nights in a 2 bedroom suite and had an excellent stay. The room was clean, everything in the kitchen was nicely equipped, we enjoyed the breakfast in the mornings, and the staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't like that the bathroom only had a shower and no bathtub (difficult with kids). The pool and fitness area, while small, were good to have, and were well maintained. They need to put some kind of damper/door stop on the inner main entrance doors - our room was a second floor room, and close to the front door, and whenever that door was closed, we could hear it slam in our room. There are not a lot of hotels in this area, so it is good to have one this nice if you need to stay on the south side of the Twin Cities. The one day we left the "Do Not Disturb" sign off our door, housekeeping didn't come until late afternoon, by which point we were back in our room with kids napping. The front desk did supply us with clean towels quickly. Good value for an all suite hotel as well!

Room Tip: Asking for a room away from the front entrance would be good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your response. I am glad that we exceeded your expectation in several areas. I will look into a solution for the issue with our front door closer. Our housekeeping staff must focus on the checkouts as early as possible in order to guarantee our 3pm check in time. I know it can get as late as 4p or 5p before they finish all of their rooms some days. I am sorry that this created an inconvenience for you and I am glad to see that our front desk was able to help with this issue.
Again I truly hope to see you again during your next visit to Apple Valley.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

The suite was clean. Our problem was we received a wake-up call at 5:00 and did not ask for one!!! I called the front desk and she said it was in the computer for a wake-up call. I advised her we did not ask for one!!!! She said she took it out! 5 min. later it went off again!!!! I called and she said there must be something I had to do on my phone. REALLY!!!!! She said she hadn't been asked that before!!!. WOW I asked for a manager of course none till morning. I talked to the manager in the morning with NO SATISFACTION!!! The staff member at the desk said she was sorry. We will not return!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

I am truly sorry for the issue with your wake up call. This is not something that I have had an issue with at GrandStay Apple Valley. I was informed of this situation and we had our system support look into the issue and they were able to resolve. I am sorry I did not get to speak with you before you departed. I would truly appreciate it if you give us another chance the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed here for 90 bucks, every room is a suite which made it nice as I like to get up early and my wife could sleep in, while i watched tv in the next room. great price for a suite. The beds were very comfortable and they serve a continental breakfast in the morning, scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal ect... They also have a restraraunt on site. Very nice place to stay, easy directions to get down town mpls form hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your response. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Apple Valley.

-Tony Lawler

Reviewed 26 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apple Valley
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley
Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America
Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eagan

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley? Share your experiences!