“Nice little place to stay”

GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Apple Valley
Reviewed 27 December 2013

In Apple Valley itself, it seems there are only two hotels - this one and one other. I have stayed here 3 times due to the proximity to a relative's house.

The property itself is geared towards corporate stays or large families traveling together. It's not a luxury hotel (nor does it try to be) but it exactly what it appears to be - comfortable, nice and a good location. My rooms have either been small(ish) suites or single rooms with a kitchenette. The complimentary breakfast is more than adequate and not bad (not just boxed cereal or danish but a decent selection). There is a lounge,bar attached the hotel itself but I've never tried it out. It looked lively though (and did not cause any noise or interefere with my stay).

There is a swimming pool, a small gym and pantry area with lots of vending machines (including one for frozen microwavable items). The staff in general has been very helpful.

I stay here since it's the closest hotel to my relatives' home when I visit but it is a nice hotel and I enjoy staying there when I am in town,

Room Tip: There is only one elevator but apparently several handicapped room if you need them
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

I appreciate your kind feedback. We are an all-suite property, every room has a fully equipped kitchen, living area, and separate bedroom. Whether you are traveling by yourself or with a family our rooms are twice the size of the average hotel room. As you mentioned we have a complimentary breakfast each morning that feature hot items each day. I am very glad to hear that your choose the GrandStay Apple Valley for your home away from home when visiting our area.

There are newer reviews for GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate to be able to check in early as we were on red eye flight from Seattle. The front desk is very accommodating and nice to deal with. The breakfast options were plenty and our family enjoyed the many options. We will be staying here again when we visit family in MN!

Stayed: December 2013

It is great to here that we exceeded your expectations. We recently made some improvements to our breakfast options, I appreciate the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

every thing was great did a business corp discount of 84.oo was charged 139.00
and was not able to use my aarp card if your going to change price should advide also asked about price lady told us we only have a few rooms left went on cheap motels ,com could of got it for 100.00 showed the lady attandiant that said it was already booked have to talk to manager No response

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I am truly sorry for the issue you encountered with your room rate during your stay. Please contact me directly I would be more than happy to resolve your billing issue.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed with my family in this hotel for 3 nights while visiting family. The area where it is located is very nice, but far from downtown. There are plenty of sit-down restaurants and fast food places within walking distance. This hotel has a bar in the lower floor. Unfortunately our room was on the side of the hotel, so we heard loud noise most of the night. When getting a room, try to be as far away from the side where the bar is located or you will be up all night. The pool was okay, a bit small. I guess overall the hotel was decent and clean.

Room Tip: Get a room on the other side of where the bar is located.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your response. I am truly sorry that you experienced issues with the independently owned and operated restaurant within our facility. As of March 2014 we will have a new restaurant tenant that will complement our hotel’s clientele and that will hours of operation that are more conducive to our hotel guests. We look forward to see you again during your next visit to Apple Valley.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed at the Grandstay recently with my son for 9 nights. I loved the hotel overall but unfortunately the sleeper sofa was impossible to sleep on. It was extremely uncomfortable and my son found it impossible to get any sleep. We spoke to reception, asking if they had a spare mattress that we could put on the floor. The answer was no but they would speak to the manager to see what could be done for us. Unfortunately we heard nothing more! As we stayed at the hotel for 9 nights, I feel that this situation is not acceptable. You can't advertise a room with a sleeper sofa that is impossible to sleep on. Apart from that problem, I couldn't fault the hotel. Perhaps it's time for new sleeper sofas in the hotel. A reply from the manager would have been nice!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your response. I am extremely sorry that the sofa sleeper was uncomfortable. Please contact me directly and would love to resolve this issue for you

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Overall was very pleased with this hotel. The room was spacious and everything was superbly clean. The breakfast was good, although more protein choices would have been nice. They have a laundry room for the guests to use, which I took advantage of. Also have a computer in the lobby where you can check your e-mail or download your boarding passes. The employees were friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay at this hotel again when we're in the area.

Room Tip: We requested a room as far away from the restaurant and bar as possible. Ended up on the 4th floor...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your response. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We alternate our breakfast menu daily. We rotate out biscuits & gravy, cheese omelets, scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage to make sure that we have a variety throughout the week. As of March 2014 we will have a new restaurant tenant that will complement our hotel’s clientele and that will hours of operation that are more conducive to our hotel guests. We look forward to see you again during your next visit to Apple Valley.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This was the 2nd time we stayed at this location. We love it for its location which is only 5-10 from our kids house who live in Mountrose as well as being close to a lot of things to do. Everyone was great to work with. The breakfast was good. I had scrambled eggs which were hot and fresh with some bacon. The bacon could have been cooked a little more for my husband but I thought it was good. The only down side is the pool is very small but this trip we didnt have time to visit it anyway so didnt matter. The parking can be a little crowded due to the conference center but we still found parking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your response. It is great to hear that we exceeded your expectations, as that is our goal for each and every guest. We look forward to see you again during your next visit to Apple Valley.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apple Valley
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
#4 of 9 in Burnsville

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley? Share your experiences!