“Get a whirlpool room”

GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Apple Valley
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Nice clean rooms. Jacuzzi suites are big and nice. My only complaint is that thebar downstairs gets loud with people outside smoking. And the good was lousy... But I don't believe it is owned or operated by Grandstay

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank squdgee
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you had a great stay in one of our spacious whirlpool suites. I apologize for the noise issue that you experienced with the restaurant. As you stated in your review, the restaurant is independently owned and operated. The current restaurant will be relocating to a new space in Apple Valley. We are in negotiations with several different restaurant chains that are interested in occupying the restaurant space. Look for the new restaurant to open sometime in 2014.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I hadn't heard much about the brand Grand Stay - or ever been to one when I made my family's reservations to stay here over the Christmas holiday - but am very glad that I did! Yes, this property is designed for the extended stay traveler, but short stays are also welcome, and the amenities are perfect for either single business travelers, or for groups like us - larger families. We all got multi room suites that had full kitchens, which were nice so we didn't have to go out to eat every meal. The free breakfast in the mornings was perfect - especially the breakfast burritos and the cheese omelettes! Pool was not large, but was not crowded either. Was very impressed with the person I think was watching the attached conferece center the Sunday night we arrived, as he came outside to offer his assistance with our luggage. The restaurant downstairs has great food and we experienced very good service as well - even if the dining area was a bit dark.
Thank you all who helped make our stay enjoyable, and for anyone considering either of the 2 hotels in Apple Valley - This is the one you want to stay at! Its not even a question.

Room Tip: Best sofa sleeper I have ever slept on in our 1 bedroom suite. Don't be afraid to take one of t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hotelguychris
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

I am glad to see that you gave us a try. GrandStay is a very young brand and features all-suite guest rooms. As you mentioned all of our suites have fully equipped kitchens, living area, and separate bedroom. We are attached to a Bar & Grill which makes it convenient for lunch or dinner. However, as you mentioned, guests are able to prepare meals within their own guest room. I am happy that we were able to be part of your special time here during the holidays.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

In Apple Valley itself, it seems there are only two hotels - this one and one other. I have stayed here 3 times due to the proximity to a relative's house.

The property itself is geared towards corporate stays or large families traveling together. It's not a luxury hotel (nor does it try to be) but it exactly what it appears to be - comfortable, nice and a good location. My rooms have either been small(ish) suites or single rooms with a kitchenette. The complimentary breakfast is more than adequate and not bad (not just boxed cereal or danish but a decent selection). There is a lounge,bar attached the hotel itself but I've never tried it out. It looked lively though (and did not cause any noise or interefere with my stay).

There is a swimming pool, a small gym and pantry area with lots of vending machines (including one for frozen microwavable items). The staff in general has been very helpful.

I stay here since it's the closest hotel to my relatives' home when I visit but it is a nice hotel and I enjoy staying there when I am in town,

Room Tip: There is only one elevator but apparently several handicapped room if you need them
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

I appreciate your kind feedback. We are an all-suite property, every room has a fully equipped kitchen, living area, and separate bedroom. Whether you are traveling by yourself or with a family our rooms are twice the size of the average hotel room. As you mentioned we have a complimentary breakfast each morning that feature hot items each day. I am very glad to hear that your choose the GrandStay Apple Valley for your home away from home when visiting our area.

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate to be able to check in early as we were on red eye flight from Seattle. The front desk is very accommodating and nice to deal with. The breakfast options were plenty and our family enjoyed the many options. We will be staying here again when we visit family in MN!

Stayed: December 2013

It is great to here that we exceeded your expectations. We recently made some improvements to our breakfast options, I appreciate the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

every thing was great did a business corp discount of 84.oo was charged 139.00
and was not able to use my aarp card if your going to change price should advide also asked about price lady told us we only have a few rooms left went on cheap motels ,com could of got it for 100.00 showed the lady attandiant that said it was already booked have to talk to manager No response

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I am truly sorry for the issue you encountered with your room rate during your stay. Please contact me directly I would be more than happy to resolve your billing issue.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed with my family in this hotel for 3 nights while visiting family. The area where it is located is very nice, but far from downtown. There are plenty of sit-down restaurants and fast food places within walking distance. This hotel has a bar in the lower floor. Unfortunately our room was on the side of the hotel, so we heard loud noise most of the night. When getting a room, try to be as far away from the side where the bar is located or you will be up all night. The pool was okay, a bit small. I guess overall the hotel was decent and clean.

Room Tip: Get a room on the other side of where the bar is located.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your response. I am truly sorry that you experienced issues with the independently owned and operated restaurant within our facility. As of March 2014 we will have a new restaurant tenant that will complement our hotel’s clientele and that will hours of operation that are more conducive to our hotel guests. We look forward to see you again during your next visit to Apple Valley.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed at the Grandstay recently with my son for 9 nights. I loved the hotel overall but unfortunately the sleeper sofa was impossible to sleep on. It was extremely uncomfortable and my son found it impossible to get any sleep. We spoke to reception, asking if they had a spare mattress that we could put on the floor. The answer was no but they would speak to the manager to see what could be done for us. Unfortunately we heard nothing more! As we stayed at the hotel for 9 nights, I feel that this situation is not acceptable. You can't advertise a room with a sleeper sofa that is impossible to sleep on. Apart from that problem, I couldn't fault the hotel. Perhaps it's time for new sleeper sofas in the hotel. A reply from the manager would have been nice!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your response. I am extremely sorry that the sofa sleeper was uncomfortable. Please contact me directly and would love to resolve this issue for you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apple Valley
AmericInn Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
#3 of 9 in Burnsville
Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley? Share your experiences!