“Hippie Janis Joplin and Joni Mitchell”
Review of valleyGirl - CLOSED

valleyGirl
Price range: US$4 - US$6
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I found ValleyGirl by accident while awaiting for my to-go food at a nearby restuarant. I walked around to check and area and when I first walked into ValleyGirl I was amazed by the uptown look and feel of the place with handmade crafts, cards, and various boutique items. My eyes went up to look at the chalked menu board and smiled at the names of the drinks like Janis Joplin, Doris Day, Joni Mitchell, Madonna, etc. I was then greeted and welcomed by the owners (mother and daughter). I immediately told them I love the names of the drinks. I chatted with them for a bit and discovered the history of the names and how the shop got started. After I gladly made my order, I went to get my to-go food and when I got home I told my husband about ValleyGirl. The following weekend I took my husband there and he too fell in love with ValleyGirl and agreed it does have the uptown feel. I've been returning since and now I order my favorite drink - Hippie Janis Joplin and Joni Mitchell. Thanks to ValleyGirl, I learned about some of the ladies who's names are on the menu. If you're looking for tasty sandwiches, delicious drinks, local, and uptown feel try out ValleyGirl.

1  Thank Edd S

Reviewed 21 June 2010

I have been there multiple times and I always enjoy the coffee, atmosphere and food. The ladies that own it are friendly and the service is prompt. I love the shop also... it is very "girl-friendly" but I often see gentlemen there as well enjoying a cup of joe. Perhaps the best kept secret for anyone who has a meeting with a small group (and just wants to get out of the office) is the extremly comfortable meeting room in back. The atmosphere is warm and friendly - I recommend it to anyone whether you just need a good cup to get you going or your meeting collegues/friends. Check it out!

1  Thank Tizzythetornado
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Everybody who's been there should spread the news about Valley Girl! I would hate to see this place get left in the dust. Between their adorable little girl power shop, their comfortable lava room (complete with furniture, a light you can dim or brighten, and, you guessed it! a lava lamp), and their fabulous coffee, they rock the house. My favorite part is ordering a medium Audrey Hepburn (that's a white chocolate mocha, if you haven't heard)!! Quite possibly better than that, though, is that it hasn't quite caught on yet, so, unlike the noisy super-chain Starbucks' and Caribou's, it's the perfect spot to chill and study with a steaming hot cup o' jo (or a smoothie!) and some of their homemade food (almond cookies like grandma used to make). I loved this shop!

1  Thank jtindell
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 31 January 2008

valley girl is there now. the ladies that own it are awesome! and they make good coffee and the best chicken wild rice soup i have ever had. EVER!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook