“Excellent Pannini” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating
Apple Valley
“Excellent Pannini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Had lunch. Cup of chicken wild rice soup and a turkey/pesto pannini. Both were/excellent. They have an eclectic assortment of boutique items that are reasonably price, and a back room lounge for 10 people that is very comfortable.

1 Thank mah7925

luvs2scuba
“Great place to catch up with friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

What a gem! I was looking for a unique local place to meet up with an old friend over lunch, and this place was perfect! The owner was super friendly and answered any questions we had about the menu, which included a tasty array of sandwiches, paninis, and quiches. The atmosphere was warm and cozy, with sofa chairs in the back for lounging in, and tables in the front for eating. I got the turkey panini, which was delicious, along with a "janis joplin" (aka vanilla latte), which was also very good. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a cute cafe near the twin cities!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank luvs2scuba
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Such a great place to meet friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

This is a local favorite for me and my friends. Jackie, the owner, is so welcoming and friendly. The coffee menu is extensive and the bakery items are great. Try the quiche, it's very good too! There's a small boutique area with unique and interesting items.

Give it a try but note: they are closed on Mondays!

• Visited June 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hippie Janis Joplin and Joni Mitchell”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I found ValleyGirl by accident while awaiting for my to-go food at a nearby restuarant. I walked around to check and area and when I first walked into ValleyGirl I was amazed by the uptown look and feel of the place with handmade crafts, cards, and various boutique items. My eyes went up to look at the chalked menu board and smiled at the names of the drinks like Janis Joplin, Doris Day, Joni Mitchell, Madonna, etc. I was then greeted and welcomed by the owners (mother and daughter). I immediately told them I love the names of the drinks. I chatted with them for a bit and discovered the history of the names and how the shop got started. After I gladly made my order, I went to get my to-go food and when I got home I told my husband about ValleyGirl. The following weekend I took my husband there and he too fell in love with ValleyGirl and agreed it does have the uptown feel. I've been returning since and now I order my favorite drink - Hippie Janis Joplin and Joni Mitchell. Thanks to ValleyGirl, I learned about some of the ladies who's names are on the menu. If you're looking for tasty sandwiches, delicious drinks, local, and uptown feel try out ValleyGirl.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Edd S
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great local spot - Valley Girl get's it right!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

I have been there multiple times and I always enjoy the coffee, atmosphere and food. The ladies that own it are friendly and the service is prompt. I love the shop also... it is very "girl-friendly" but I often see gentlemen there as well enjoying a cup of joe. Perhaps the best kept secret for anyone who has a meeting with a small group (and just wants to get out of the office) is the extremly comfortable meeting room in back. The atmosphere is warm and friendly - I recommend it to anyone whether you just need a good cup to get you going or your meeting collegues/friends. Check it out!

• 4 of 5 bubbles