“Not worth the money”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Beaver Trails
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

73 bucks a night for all inclusive, not worth it. Ponds scummy, paddle boats suck, pool is small, water slides ok, but our kids were to short to use (have to be 4 ft or tall, would have been nice to know). Showers were nice and clean and kids loved the jumping pillow. Animal petting area a let down, too many goats. And I would agree with other reviews, what is with the golf carts, and how about putting some money into the place and fix it up a little. Would not come back

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank FtgSioux1995

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have family who are seasonal campers there and went to visit for weekend.Could not believe the $15 PER PERSON PER DAY to participate in activities..thanks to them for gifting that cost to me. Taking a young child with me was another $10 to color a pillowcase which is OK for a souvenier she will treasure till it wears out. The banana bikes & 4 wheelers are great fun,but the kids riding helter skelter on them scared me with all the cars & golf carts (many driven by a driver with drinks on board. Pool is quite roomy but the bottom of it really needs repair as it actually cuts& scrapes your feet. Karaoke unreal..the lyrics of the songs kids sing these days..'wouldn't be allowed if I were running show :) I am old and I like the kids better supervised.Agree there is a lot of need for repairs on equipment as a wheel actually fell off the kids train today, Bean Bag tourneys are super fun for kids and adults,soft serve is wonderful,as was the food in the Pic a nic basket grill.
I can understand why my family members love it there..older kids. And I did enjoy it,just wouldn't want to go real often as I had one with me that I had to supervise . The bouncy pillow GREAT the petting area ,she liked it..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank vegasviking71
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We've taken our grandkids here a few times this year. Though they are a bit pricey, their all-inclusive rate is a fair bargain for all that the kids will get. But beware of their "fourth night free" deal. We took two of our grandkids the first two days and three the next two days. They wouldn't give us new wristbands for the second two days so we had to pay for those three grandkids, even though we had paid for the all-inclusive for the whole time. It would have been cheaper for us to pay for two days, check out, then pay for two more days at the all-inclusive rate than to have to pay for three more all-inclusive wrist bands. So their fourth day free only is good if you have the same people there the whole time. This makes it frustrating for grandparents who just want to have their grandkids join them. I did email them and voiced my frustration at their policy, but they never responded. But I will go back there - though a bit wiser. The activities for kids, equipment, etc. is pretty good. The kids loved the water slide especially.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dave H
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were a group of 18 including 5 3-4 yr olds. We all had a great time. The site was just like a group site and there were enough picnic tables and firerings. Restrooms were mostly neat but the ones by the pool are better. Nice pool, nice activities for the kids including tractor rides, character encounters, petting zoo, paddle boats etc.. Nice place to spend a fun weekend.

Room Tip: Oak line of sites are right by the river and far enough from noisy center of the camp and the road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SomeGirl111
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Decided to take the family on weekend camping trip and I've been to other Jellystone Campsites before and liked them a lot but this one fell short. First thing we noticed was it was very close to the highway making it not very easy to sleep. The site itself was very clean and staff were friendly but very disorganized. They have activities planned throughout the weekend but everyone we went to it either started late or was moved to a different location. They have an arcade on site where you win tickets for prizes. My oldest hit a pretty big ticket jackpot and the game ran out of tickets to give him. Went to the counter to and told them about the issue only to find out they don't control the games in the arcade its out sourced. They took a note and told us to return tomorrow. Went back next day and no tickets and was told to return the next day. Finally got them the last hour before we had to check out. Another time we were told they would be serving sundeas at 4 pm. My youngest waited very patiently to get a sundea only to be told by the girl at the counter she had no idea what we were talking about. Really? This campsite could be a lot better with better communication and organization. I'll be looking elsewhere next family camping trip.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a peaceful camping experience this is not it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JoeyVegas77

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Poquoson, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This was our first, and last, time at Beaver Trails. Check in went fine, and we found our site on our own. They put us directly next to a gravel road and the pet exercise area. From the barking dogs that would walk by at all hours of the day/night, and the road traffic, we nearly had to stay in our camper anytime we were at the site. The pool was small compared to the amoutn of people there. The bottom of the pool is very sharp. It has uneven concrete pieces sticking out of the surface. We did the all inclusive package, which included the tubing river, ponds, pools, mini golf etc. Don't waste your money. The ponds are so scummy and full of garbage that you cannot fish or do anything in them. The float river was nearly a dry creek bed (not their fault). The equipment was all very dated and in need of repair. The mini golf course was small. They had a petting zoo on the grounds. What a disappointment. The hours 2-230. When you have a pile of kids at a campground and open something like this for 30 minutes, guess what that does to the kids!!!!

We camp every weekend. This was the first time that we felt the need to lock our camper when we left our site.

And, if you stay here, get ready for the golf cart derby going on all over the place. Between the loud carts, music, kids driving them, and getting run over when you are walking around, its a danger.

On a positive note, the ice cream in the store was great. This buidling is about the only positive of the entire place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chflounder
Albert Lea, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The staff was super friendly (all of them). Fantastic clean bathrooms. We stayed in the rustic cabin and paid the all inclusive fee. Well worth the money. You get what you pay for. I liked staying during the week it was full but not that busy. The store was beautiful and the food was awesome. I am coming back again this summer=) A campground you can enjoy and relax and let your children have the feel of a summer camp. They also have a fun filled schedule each day with activities planned. Keep up the great work and give all your employees a pat on the back! I have never felt so welcome. Thanks JELLYSTONE

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Austin
Days Inn Austin
Days Inn Austin
#1 of 7 in Austin
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Beaver Trails? Share your experiences!