“Wonderful Historic Stay”
Review of Arcadia Academy

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arcadia
Arcadia Academy
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arcadia
Logan
“Wonderful Historic Stay”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

For those who haven't recently been to Arcadia Academy, it is quite excellent! I came from Idaho to visit this area. I stayed in one of the hostel rooms. During my visit, I received EXCELLENT care and service. If you would like to add a little more history to your visit, this is definitely the place to come. Here at Christmas time, the combination of quality and festive atmosphere, makes it feel like home away from home. It was a comfortable family-friendly location. Our servers and hostesses were kind and very hospitable at Thee Abbey Kitchen. Their lunch menu was delectable. During my visit I ate at the salad bar. With the fresh greens, vegetables, and other toppings made it easy for me to make a salad just how I liked it. (I am very particular when it comes to salads.) The soups were hot, which was so nice to warm my insides from a cold winter day. The breads were made fresh each day, the best I had ever eaten. On Saturday, they had their hot dinner buffet. Home tasting meals added to my stay. They have such a beautiful historic building they are working to restore. What a neat place! They have events that go on throughout the months that make it enjoyable. Nearby are many attractions to keep you busy. This is the place to come to. Thank you so much Thee Abbey Kitchen & Arcadia Academy for making my stay so enjoyable! I will be back!

Room Tip: The new Bed & Breakfast rooms are wonderfully done. Each room comes with a breakfast served by a...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LacieLogan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Arcadia Academy B&B and had breakfast and dinner at their Abbey Restaurant located on the premises. There are beautiful, historic buildings under renovation, very nice accommodations, wonderfully comfortable beds, antique decor all located on six beautiful acres. The home cooking was delicious for both breakfast and dinner. The family owners were most hospitable friendly, and went the extra step to make sure our stay was a pleasant experience. We definitely will return!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patti S
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We had the pleasure or spending one day and night at this charming Bed and Breakfast in October of this year, 2012. All the rooms were very clean, charming and well decorated with antiques. There was a sitting room and a kitchen besides the large beautiful bedroom.The breakfast was served at any time convenient to us and the meal was fantastic. The breakfast was so big that we didn't eat again until 7pm that night! The owners had drinks, cookies and a small cake for us when we checked into the room. My husband is gluten intolerant as well as a dairy allergy. Catherine was very helpful fixing him a meal he could eat and enjoy. We were given a tour of the church, buildings and grounds of the Academy. The tour revealed a historical treasure. To tell you more may ruin the surprises you will find there. The fall colors were beautiful and the area fun for hicking. We also spent time at the Mountain Music Festival in Arcadia. I highly recommmend a few days in this beautiful area and this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gail M
Missouri
Reviewed 10 January 2010

The environment is unique and unusual, I had an experience of a lifetime. Each building is in the process of being remolded and refurbished by the owners hard work and sweat. Kind loving people are the owners, Brenda and Lamar.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sunflower1ella
st louis
Reviewed 3 October 2006

The B&B at Arcadia academy was just right. Amazing views, tastfully decorated historic rooms and a real honest to goddness home cooked breakfast! I've never been to a better more restful b&b. The owners are humble, grateful & awesome to deal with. The history and shear immensity of the histroic buildings are overwhelming!
This is a must visit place!
The restuarant is home cooking at its best! Five stars for those who enjoy real food, tastefull prepared.

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank ssunshine
st.louis
Reviewed 20 July 2006

i drove into the front gates and there it was this massive old building, and a tree lined driveway, It was so pretty. The church stood massive and out of the windows of the Antique Mall you could see the chapel. Later on in the dining room down stairs i found out that they had weddings in the chapel. My goodness what a place to be married. If by chance i meet my prince Charming, there is were i will be married,Loved my visit

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank carrlee
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 February 2005

A wonderful family runs this bed and breakfast, hostel, antique shop establishment. Their kitchen turns out the most wonderful food you ever wrapped your mouth around! the bread, homemade daily, is the best i've ever tasted. Giant cinnamon rolls! Beautiful chapel tour, old cemetary on the grounds. Sit down and eat and visit with the owners and hear about the history ofk the place. i was there in 2003 and plan to bring my family back to experience it with me.

jan harvey
fort worth, texas

again.

oith

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Shepherd Mountain Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Farmington
Tradition Inn
Tradition Inn
#4 of 6 in Farmington

Been to Arcadia Academy? Share your experiences!