“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arnold
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Had to stay overnight for a late doctor 's appointment. The staff was great. We had a suite on the second floor. The room was clean and the sheets are awesome, better than most places. The continental breakfast was also very nutritious if you are watching what you eat and has something for everyone. Conveniently loated on the outer road, I was able to travel to a doctor's appointment, then on to dinner, a yogurt shop, and back to the inn without getting lost. There is an indoor pool, and everything is well maintained. The inn is very new as well making it basically maintenance free and the rooms clean and fresh.

Room Tip: In my opinion you cannot go wrong with Comfort Inn properties.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Kelly B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Thanks for the response. I am glad to hear your stay was exceptional and our location was easily accessible. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Room was clean. Mattress comfortable. Comfortable pillows. Excellent, convenient location. Reasonable cost of room. Upon arrival for check in, another guest was standing at desk waiting to check in. He explained he had been waiting for about five minutes and had seen no one. After another 7 minutes, we heard a voice from the second level saying she would be down in a minute. The elevator opened and Debby, assistant manager, exited with a load of towels in her arms. She crossed the lobby, entered a back office and put down the towels before approaching the desks and greeting the waiting guests. She checked the guest in without any acknowlegement of my presence. As she was completing the other guest's check in, she said "now, the drill about breakfast" and cited serving times. As the other guest left for their room, she turned to me and I advised her of our reservation. The check in process was efficient. As we were completing check in, the guest who had checked in before us returned to the desk and asked if they had any extra drapes as their drapes had holes in them. They were told there were no extra drapes as they were replacing the drapes. We did not find any problem with the drapes in our assigned room.

The lobby was very dark and uninviting. There is a beautiful chandelier, but it's decorative value is decreased because of the dark lobby. I did observe there is some overhead recessed lighting that would probably make the lobby more inviting if these were turned on. Another negative is the pool is right off the lobby, and upon entry to the lobby there is a very unpleasant chlorine odor. Because of the placement of the pool, I'm not sure anything can be done to make this better. Therefore, this would not prevent me from staying at this location in the future.

We chose to take our luggage to our car and return for breakfast. As we exited the property, a lady just outside the door was smoking and told us to "have a good day" when I realized she was the front desk attendant. Another employee who I later realized was the breakfast attendant was standing outside talking with her.

We did not arrive for breakfast until about 8:40 am. Selections included scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, and bagels. There is a waffle maker, but the batter container was almost empty. We did not see an attendant so chose items other than the waffle. Another guest went to the desk to advise them the waffle machine was empty. I did not realize the breakfast attendant was sitting at the front desk until the attendant entered the breakfast area. My husband and I completed our breakfast and left about 8 minutes later and the waffle batter had not been replenished.

While my husband and I were in the breakfast area, we heard 5 guests approach the front desk clerk voicing complaints of one type or another.

Some of the difficulties at this property seem related to lack of personnel -- i.e., the lack of attendance at the front desk when we arrived to check in at 4 pm; lack of an attendant in the breakfast area; desk clerk standing outside smoking.

Would suggest that you check your bill. Ours included a $1.13 for a "Safew/limited warranty". Because we stayed only one night, I did not mention the $1.13, but, since we did not use the safe, I would not allow this charge for future stays.

Room Tip: Ice machines are located on the 1st and 3rd floors.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ARtraveler63
Kelly B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you for staying with us while in Arnold. I am unhappy with the situations that occurred and I have spoken with all of my staff to ensure this never happens again. I invite you to try us again and give us another chance to make it right.
Tampa
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I spent one night here for business going on my way south. This hotel was nice and comfortable, and was close to a lot of things in the area. The lobby was clean and well maintained, and the room was clean and comfortable as well. It was a good value compared to some of the hotel rooms further south, which is why I chose this room even though I had all of my appointments further south. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased you decided to stay with us although your meetings were farther away and we could accommodate you. We welcome you to stay with us again soon!
Camdenton
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this motel in Arnold Mo. very nice clean. we recommend it! will stay again

Room Tip: top floor for less noise
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Kelly B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear your stay at our property was excellent and well suited the needs of your trip. Be sure to stop by the next time you are in town.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We were traveling through St. Louis on our way to Michigan but based on previous reviews decided to drive the extra 15 minutes out of the way. We couldn't have been more pleased! The room was wonderful and clean, the staff was great and the location to the freeway nice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear our accomodations were satisfactory and you drove out of the way to see us! We hope you stop by again soon. Thanks!
Reviewed 12 March 2012

First off, the hotel is actually a great value at regular price and even better with my discount. With that said.... The location, staff, cleanliness, value a d rooms are up to par as far as overall satisfaction is concerned.

Two problems I've noticed:

(1) during check in and check out periods the staff was nowhere to be found. During check in around 230pm I rang the bell at counter a few times and after about 10 minutes I was helped. The checkout process wasn't as fun. I rang the bell several times avd after 15 minutes I left. This was around 5am on a Monday Morning. I was wanting a bag breakfast that most choice hotels are offering an hour prior to the regular breakfast times.

(2) this is probably me just bring picky but the king suite I had was spacious and freshly remodeled but seems whomever they paid to do the with either didn't finish or wasn't a professional. The bathroom shower head wasn't properly installed and if you're tell like me, you can look straight into the huge uncovered home where the spout that comes out of the wall where the shower head starched is at. The second part of this half of my complaint/review is the bathroom door frame was nasty dirty avd rusted out in spots. The inky reason I mention these things is because it's a crying shame that so much money would be spent to beautify a room and it was beautiful bit leave such gross eyesores that a blind person could even see.

Thanks for reading,

K

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Thats_My_Milk
Thank you so much for your response. I want to apologize for the service of my front desk staff. I have mentioned it to my staff and we will continue to strive to prevent this from happening in the future at our hotel. About the renovations, I have informed my maintenance man of the issue and we will look into the work that was done. I hope you visit us in the future to give us a second chance to make your stay satisfactory.
Arnold, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2011

great place to stay very friendly and helpful staff very clean rooms

Room Tip: i recommend there king suites
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for your response. I am pleased to hear our staff made you feel at home while at our hotel!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Arnold
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Arnold
WoodSpring Suites St. Louis Arnold
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!