“My choice to stay when in the St Louis area”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arnold
Burleson, Texas
“My choice to stay when in the St Louis area”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is a comfortable hotel. The rooms are spacious. The beds are comfortable. The staff is terrific. Convenient walking distance to restaurants and a CVS right across the street. I've stayed here on more than one occasion, and am treated well each time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ric J
Kelly B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thanks for visiting our hotel while in the St. Louis area. I am thrilled to hear that we are your hotel of choice and come back and see us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Maplewood, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The beds were very comfortable in the room. That would be the only positive thing about the Hotel. The three of us went down to breakfast and when we returned the door to the room was ajar. Once we were home we discovered that we were missing some items from the wallets that we left in the room. I contacted the Hotel and they told me that I was the one who misplaced the items.I called the police and the credit bureaus. I would not recommend this Hotel to anybody that is passing through the area. Management needs to be more customer friendly when it comes to their guests.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank woodchicks1

Travellers are raving about these Arnold hotels

Illinois, USA
Reviewed 17 September 2012

By chance we stayed there on our way to Arkansas and made it a point to stay there when returning back knowing it was safe and clean. The staff were great, the location to the interstate is fantastic, there is a gas station directly across the street to get things, and the sandwiches available there from a local were FAR better than any restaurant, subway, quiznos, etc. We had a King suite that was lovely, it had a microwave, coffee maker, and frig. Bed was very comfy. The couch area was nice. It is not fancy by no means, but was very clean. We did leave a note about the carpet when we left, and we we returned to the same room a few days later; it was not.
The pool and sauna were nice and open until 11pm. The breakfast was very good!
The price should be lower for what we paid in the area,but all in all we were very pleased.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Kelly B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear you returned to our hotel on your way back home and your stay was comfortable. Thanks again!
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Stayed overnight as my tire was being fixed across the street. The staff was helpful and cheerful. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The location was good with a Target, Walgreens & Ruby Tuesday, all within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. It's great to hear that your stay was satisfactory and that the location is convenient in the area. I am pleased to hear my staff was courteous and attentive to your needs. Thanks again!
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Had to stay overnight for a late doctor 's appointment. The staff was great. We had a suite on the second floor. The room was clean and the sheets are awesome, better than most places. The continental breakfast was also very nutritious if you are watching what you eat and has something for everyone. Conveniently loated on the outer road, I was able to travel to a doctor's appointment, then on to dinner, a yogurt shop, and back to the inn without getting lost. There is an indoor pool, and everything is well maintained. The inn is very new as well making it basically maintenance free and the rooms clean and fresh.

Room Tip: In my opinion you cannot go wrong with Comfort Inn properties.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for the response. I am glad to hear your stay was exceptional and our location was easily accessible. We hope to see you again soon!
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Room was clean. Mattress comfortable. Comfortable pillows. Excellent, convenient location. Reasonable cost of room. Upon arrival for check in, another guest was standing at desk waiting to check in. He explained he had been waiting for about five minutes and had seen no one. After another 7 minutes, we heard a voice from the second level saying she would be down in a minute. The elevator opened and Debby, assistant manager, exited with a load of towels in her arms. She crossed the lobby, entered a back office and put down the towels before approaching the desks and greeting the waiting guests. She checked the guest in without any acknowlegement of my presence. As she was completing the other guest's check in, she said "now, the drill about breakfast" and cited serving times. As the other guest left for their room, she turned to me and I advised her of our reservation. The check in process was efficient. As we were completing check in, the guest who had checked in before us returned to the desk and asked if they had any extra drapes as their drapes had holes in them. They were told there were no extra drapes as they were replacing the drapes. We did not find any problem with the drapes in our assigned room.

The lobby was very dark and uninviting. There is a beautiful chandelier, but it's decorative value is decreased because of the dark lobby. I did observe there is some overhead recessed lighting that would probably make the lobby more inviting if these were turned on. Another negative is the pool is right off the lobby, and upon entry to the lobby there is a very unpleasant chlorine odor. Because of the placement of the pool, I'm not sure anything can be done to make this better. Therefore, this would not prevent me from staying at this location in the future.

We chose to take our luggage to our car and return for breakfast. As we exited the property, a lady just outside the door was smoking and told us to "have a good day" when I realized she was the front desk attendant. Another employee who I later realized was the breakfast attendant was standing outside talking with her.

We did not arrive for breakfast until about 8:40 am. Selections included scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, and bagels. There is a waffle maker, but the batter container was almost empty. We did not see an attendant so chose items other than the waffle. Another guest went to the desk to advise them the waffle machine was empty. I did not realize the breakfast attendant was sitting at the front desk until the attendant entered the breakfast area. My husband and I completed our breakfast and left about 8 minutes later and the waffle batter had not been replenished.

While my husband and I were in the breakfast area, we heard 5 guests approach the front desk clerk voicing complaints of one type or another.

Some of the difficulties at this property seem related to lack of personnel -- i.e., the lack of attendance at the front desk when we arrived to check in at 4 pm; lack of an attendant in the breakfast area; desk clerk standing outside smoking.

Would suggest that you check your bill. Ours included a $1.13 for a "Safew/limited warranty". Because we stayed only one night, I did not mention the $1.13, but, since we did not use the safe, I would not allow this charge for future stays.

Room Tip: Ice machines are located on the 1st and 3rd floors.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ARtraveler63
Thank you for staying with us while in Arnold. I am unhappy with the situations that occurred and I have spoken with all of my staff to ensure this never happens again. I invite you to try us again and give us another chance to make it right.
Tampa
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I spent one night here for business going on my way south. This hotel was nice and comfortable, and was close to a lot of things in the area. The lobby was clean and well maintained, and the room was clean and comfortable as well. It was a good value compared to some of the hotel rooms further south, which is why I chose this room even though I had all of my appointments further south. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased you decided to stay with us although your meetings were farther away and we could accommodate you. We welcome you to stay with us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Arnold
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Comfort Inn Festus
Comfort Inn Festus
#2 of 4 in Festus

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!