“Very decent hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arnold
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Wonderful staff, clean rooms, easy temperature control, decent shower, nice towels, mediocre breakfast (eggs were like plastic), beds a little firm for my taste, nice pillows. Didn't use the pool so can't comment. Overall, a very nice looking, clean hotel. Nice to have a microwave & refrigerator in the room, and loved the two extra outlets right on the bedside lamp. Very quick & easy check in when arriving late. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: On 2nd floor I could hear a lot of random thumping from above. Not sure what it was. Go for a top fl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I arrived at check in time 3 pm my room wasn't ready was told to come back in an hour.So l returned at 4 pm room still wasn't ready to come back in another hour.l returned at 5 pm room still wasn't ready but that they were working on it just give them another hour please.l returned at 6 pm they were still working on my room but it would be ready in about 10/15 mins.Finally got checked in about 6:15 my first day.Second day bed was made but bathroom wasn't cleaned and room wasn't vacuumed.Third day bed was halfway made room wasn't vacuumed no clean towels in bathroom.Forth day room was clean.Manager and Staff could careless and talking to other guess during my stay they had similar complaints.

Room Tip: Manager and Staff need to Care should all be Fired!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We chose this hotel for its location AND because it was advertised as having a HEATED INDOOR POOL. The water temperature was VERY COLD. In addition we chose it because of the hot tub. The hot tub temperature was almost as cold as the pool. I complained to a staff member who apologized and said he would "turn up" the temperature of the hot tub. And I think he probably did; however, that takes hours to heat up. My family and I could use neither the pool nor the hot tub either day of our visit. My smallest child was devastated because all he wanted to do was swim over the weekend.

I am very dissapointed that we were unable to use either one. I mentioned this at check at out and was told "oh sorry". No explanation, no offer for a discounted room, nothing. Just too bad so sad, see ya later.

Now the quality of the room, cleanliness, etc was fine. Bedding was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was the standard hotel hot breakfast items. Nothing spectacular but it was fine.

The hotel was busy and it is in a nice area. Shnuck's, Walgreens, Ruby Tuesday, Gas Station, other establishments all within one block.

The first night of our stay was pretty noisy. Door slamming, kids running and making noise. Someone above us either stomping or dropping things on the floor. This bothered my wife. I was so tired I slept through it all. The second night was less busy and much quieter.

All in all it is a decent hotel. They just need to actually HEAT the pool and address the hot tub problem, whatever that might be.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Nice place in good location. Room was comfortable and desk staff very welcoming. We were part of I-55 traffic nightmare in Arkansas last evening. Due to be at this hotel at 8 PM arrived at 1:30 AM. Maintained contact with Cody from from desk on phone to ensure reservation maintained. We got the sense of his concern for our welfare on the road. Upon arrival I believe desk person was Lisa and after we spoke and signed in, she let us know she added a late check out time for us (we must have looked like we needed it :) ) My title reflects difference - to keep short I had a different experience in another chain hotel two weeks ago where I had to suggest a remedy..here the desk clerk observed and offered us the extra time to get needed rest. Didn't have to. Sometimes I find there is more to a place than the place - like character.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rvtraveller_10
Reviewed 11 February 2014

One night here and was so,so. Chair coverings coming off in room and by the computer. Hallways could use a make over. Front desk quite helpful. Hot tub being repaired. Breakfast was cold-no meat or hot sauce either. I mean come on a packet of hot sauce? Bed was comfortable and towels were actually adequate. So, so there you go.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank john d
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here on our way home from a vacation in New Orleans. We had 4 rooms. Our room was very nice, clean smelling, no hotel smell like normal. Fairly new hotel. Breakfast was just average. Pool looked very nice, the hot tub was bubbling but we were told that the heater was not working. Others in our group said that their rooms were nice. Hotel clerk was helpful finding us ground floor rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

If you are in the area and are looking for a place to stay that is easy to get on and off the Highway, has several restaurants near by and has very good parking that's lite up this is it. The exit north of this one is very congested and a lot of traffic in comparison. From my experience that staff was friendly, the rooms where clean. They do or did at this point in time have a continental breakfast and free internet included with is always a perk for those of us with devices that require the internet.
Then upon check out they slid the receipt under my door that following morning.
Thanks for the good night stay.

Room Tip: Hotel pricing is the same going directly to Comfort Inn site as it is going to a online hotel search...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Arnold
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 4 in Festus

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!