“Best location ever!!”

Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Arnold
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Arnold
Reviewed 9 July 2014

You know the old saying...location, location, location. Every single restaurant and shopping store possible is within a 2 1/2 mile radius. I even checked random places on my navigation, almost as a challenge to find a place that was not right by, and every place existed.
Really good free breakfast every morning as well. (waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc.) Also, although I could only take advantage of it 2 of the 4 nights I stayed there... Free wine and draft beer from 5:30-7:00 every night, along with chips/salsa, pretzels, popcorn, potato chips.
We did the usual tourist spots and it wasn't a bad drive to those places. The Arch, city museum, ballpark, grants farm, etc. were all about 20 minutes away.
Safe area, no residential houses nearby, only shopping/food. The only cons I could come up with would be the pool is really small, although my 5 and 7 year old didn't care at all. The elevator is slower than molasses. Also, if you are a non-smoker, like me, I was a little disappointed on how they separated the smoking and non-smoking. They are on separate sides however, a couple of the smoking rooms are also on the nonsmoking side. (not perfectly split) So, I had smokers 20 feet away. Might want to ask to be on the furthest non-smoking side.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the furthest non-smoking room from the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

"UNLESS" THE COTTER BAND FROM WINNONA, MN. GIRLS & BOYS ARE STAYING THERE! I understand that there will be times when you just can't avoid irritations at hotels, but, these PEOPLE ARE SOME OF THE MOST INCONSIDERATE, RUDE, ILL MANORED PEOPLE I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF RUNNING IN TO! I was on a trip to Arnold, MO. On vacation during the week of the 4th to visit family and to celebrate the holiday! After a quick search on the internet I find that this band is associated with the Catholic Church, I guess that when they are on the road, basically unsupervised, their "REAL" personalities come out for the public to see! So, if you are looking for a hotel to have a nice quiet stay, avoid these people if you are able to. By the way, at almost 11:00 one night we notified the front desk that so of these people were banging on doors while I was trying to sleep, basically nothing was done! This site probably isn't the best place to complain, but since the hotel didn't correct the problem I felt I should included it here!

• Stayed: June 2014
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Arnold, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! Unfortunately you are correct; we can not always ensure that each guest acts in an appropriate courteous manner as we would like. Your comments will be shared in our training. This will help our team to be more aware of how large groups are handled in the future. Again, I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We hope that we will have the opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future. We would love to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stopped here on a whim when I saw their billboard sign. I had stayed at a Pear Tree Inn near Cape Girardeau, MO recently and it was ok, so thought I'd give this a try. I tried to make a reservation online and found the price to be about $89, even though the billboard advertised $69.99 and up. Called the hotel to ask why the difference, and was told the $69 rate was the "walk-in" rate, and rooms could not be reserved in advance for this price. Front desk gal was very nice, told me she had lots of rooms available, and my odds were good for getting the walk-in rate if I arrived within about an hour. Got there in plenty of time, checked in, and had a quiet night's stay. Didn't use the pool, but it looked good. Great location right off the highway, too. Breakfast was hot, included eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, cereal, and more. All in all, a great deal!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was my first time at any Drury Hotels brand. Pear Tree appears to be their discount brand, but the stay was still very pleasant. This is attached to the Drury Inn in the same parking lot, but with a separate entrance. They have an "evening reception" from 5-7pm, with complimentary soft drinks, snacks, and wine and beer. It was your basic chips, salsa and pretzels, but it was great to have that right at check-in after a long day of driving. The hotel is an older design, and has tube TVs, but they work fine, and everything is clean. The room was a very good size, with room for an easy chair and a desk. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but everything was clean. I particularly appreciated that the shower had a wall-mounted dispenser for shower gel, conditioner, and shampoo -- the small bottles are so wasteful. Breakfast was good, with hot entrees as well as fruit and pastries, but the eating area is a bit small, so if the hotel is full, it can get pretty crowded.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was surprised at how the rooms were outdated. The TV was one of those old big ones sit in an entertainment center. The bathroom was TINY TINY TINY but the room itself was a good size. The place was very clean despite being outdated. Biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt and cereal for breakfast. Not a bad drive at all to area attractions. Well worth the price!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Arnold, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our hotel, despite being an older property. Pear Tree Inn is the Drury brand for our price conscious travelers, and we offer all the great free amenities you were able to enjoy! I appreciate your feedback about the dated appearance of the hotel and will pass your comments on to our corporate office.

We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Arnold area!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am a carhauler and have been staying in hotels for the last 26 years. For the first time ever I got over 36 bites by bed bugs after staying in room 207. It was a long, miserable 7 days after with all the welts and itching that I had to endure. The pear tree inn in Arnold Missouri confirmed with me that the room was indeed infested with bed bugs and said I would be contacted by someone associated with the hotel. Two weeks later... I did finally receive a call. Nothing offered for compensation and I was at a loss for words. Not only did I endure the pain and itching but not so much as an apology or recognition that their hotel is not properly checked for bed bugs. Now I have risked my family and home to these critters.... paid to have someone come out and inspect my home so that if the bed bugs show up... which can take 3-4 weeks to show up.. I will be insured and not have to pay thousands of dollars to clean pear trees mess up. I would advise not staying here or at least really inspecting the room before bringing any personal items in the room. stayed there march 11, 2014

Room Tip: probably shouldn't stay at the hotel at all, but for sure avoid room 207
Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank keith r
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Arnold, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent hotel visit. Please accept my sincere apology that we did not live up to your expectations. I can assure you that your experience and comments have been shared with our team as well as with the exterminating company that inspects and treats our rooms on a regular basis, and action was taken. The room you were staying in was immediately taken off market, received an immediate inspection by a licensed professional, was treated, and has been cleared with no bed bug issues. The matter was then turned over to our insurance company for handling. I apologize for the early miscommunication and that it took two weeks for them to call. They should have all the information now.

Unfortunately, bed bugs are a concern for many establishments, and our hotels take the matter of bed bugs very seriously. Precautions include a national contract with an outside exterminating company who conducts regular inspections at our hotels. If you would like to get in touch with me, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me directly. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Until last night my husband and I have always had excellent experiences staying at Drury hotel properties. They were exceptionally clean, well run, and the staff super nice. However, we were extremely disappointed with the Arnold Mo. Drury, Inn Pear Tree.

This hotel needs a real updating, starting with the front desk. The front desk clerk was very unfriendly and very rude. We booked a smoking room, and we had to ask to change rooms because our first room smelled so bad we couldn't stand to even walk in it. The desk clerk just shook her head and said it wouldn't do us any good because, "All the smoking rooms smell that way." (Not true!)
This hotel is old. The carpeting is faded, frayed, and dirty looking. The hallways are dark and dingy. They also charge for pets here, unlike other Drury properties.

Unlike the evening Kickback, pictured in Drury advertisement brochures and served at other Drury properties, the Pear Tree only set out pretzels and potato chips.
When we asked the clerk about it, she said they only put out chips and pretzels because we were paying special lower rates than the Drury Inn next door. This was never the case when we stayed at any Drury before. We always use our gold key card, AAA, or AARP discounts, and never ran into this before.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Druryfan
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Arnold, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedbak. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services.

As with many hotel chains, Drury Hotels has tiers within the brand to accommodate the differing needs of our guests. The Pear Tree Inn is our economy brand that will offer many of the same free amenities as the other Drury Hotel names, however there is a different amenity package with the Pear Tree Inns compared to what travelers will experience at another Drury branded hotel.

Our Pear Tree Inn in Arnold offers a free hot breakfast, free wireless internet, an hour of free long distance, free evening beverages, and free dry snacks. As the economy wing of Drury Hotels, we do not offer mixed drinks or hot foods in the evening and are therefore able to offer our guests a more economical rate on their rooms. Also, we do still offer smoking rooms for our smoking guests at our hotel, and I apologize that your room had a smoke smell. We do use an odor eliminator as well as a scented mist in all of our smoking rooms.

I sincerely regret that your experience was less than desirable and hope that you give us another chance to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Amber St. Clair

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Arnold
#4 of 5 in Arnold
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
WoodSpring Suites St. Louis Arnold
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton

Been to Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Arnold? Share your experiences!