“Cute!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arrow Rock State Historic Site

Arrow Rock State Historic Site
More attraction details
Owner description: Stroll through the history of a once-bustling river town that’s now the serene village of Arrow Rock. You’ll walk streets lined with the architecture of the historic “Boone’s Lick Country.” At Arrow Rock State Historic Site, you may wander into the historic Old Tavern, which dates back to 1834 and provides a dining experience in a period setting or see displays of old-time wares at the Huston Store. You can learn about it all through exhibits in the visitor center. The historic site is part of the larger Village of Arrow Rock, which features quaint stores and a bevy of antique shops.
Sedalia, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Cute!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is a great small village. it offers shops, wineries, hiking and camping. Everyone is friendly and eager to share the town's history. We camped and hiked. It was beautiful. The shower houses were very clean. Overall we had a nice visit.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LongDogRanch

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Experience at Visitors Center”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I was excited about my first visit to Arrow Rock. I went to the visitors center to learn what I could before seeing the sites. I went in and started to ask about the place. One of the lady's at the desk told me they had a 20 minute video that I could watch and then I could ask questions. I watched the video which was very interesting. Afterwards I had some questions. The lady got very arrogant and short. I said thanks anyway and left the center. This little encounter with the lady pretty much ruined the rest of my visit. Apparently she was either so lazy that she didn't want to be bothered or just didn't know the answers to the simplest of questions! I won't be going back!

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Mike L
Groesbeck texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Jewel in Missouri's Crown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

From the moment you enter the Quaint Village of Arrow Rock you are transported to a simpler place with warm and friendly people and something right out of a Norman Rockwell painting. I loved it and also the people I met there. It is not only a Jewel in Missouri's crown but also in my memories of the state.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank everforever5
Charlotte, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A step back in time....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

A teenage memory of summers past, I recently revisited this quaint village and felt like time slowed. It is something that has to be experienced, not a quick stop. The villagers are geniune and delightful! Look forward to returning in the fall!

Visited May 2013
central missouri
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“A great hike!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Really liked this park. The trail is very good, there is lots of parking and facilities. Will definitely make it a regular trail to visit.

Visited August 2012