“Wonderful food and service!!”
Review of Catalpa

Catalpa
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Arrow Rock
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The food was fabulous! Chef Liz and her staff are wonderful. They make everything there. You are welcome to sit a while and enjoy, no rush!!

1  Thank Valerie P

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Cozy venue with extremely attentive but not intrusive staff. Every item we ordered was exquisite and comparable or superior to the finest establishments I have patronized in the most cosmopolitan cities. The chef, Liz, brought out the 12 oz. grass fed filet to display before she cooked it then prepared it to perfection. Recommend the flat bread appetizer but I don't believe it is possible to make a bad choice there. It is tiny so make sure you make a reservation.

1  Thank Lemo52
Reviewed 24 June 2014

In our search for great restaurant experiences we were treated by friends in this little four room red brick house on High Street in Arrow Rock, Missouri--population 60! I couldn't believe it. Chef Liz Huff and her merry band of helpers put on an urban--indeed worldly-- experience. For foodies, ask for the kitchen table! Seasonal, fresh, ingredients made for satisfying, tasty, flavorful, fun. Enjoy!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was hands down the best meal I have eaten since dining in the San Francisco Bay Area in the mid 70's. My wife and I are serious food lovers and we both agreed that this was a special restaurant. In every aspect that one judges a fine dining event, Catalpa excels! From the ambiance and charm of the restaurant (along with the location itself.), to the casual, helpful professionalism of her staff. You feel pampered but not bothered. Every course was special (no mediocrity here). My wife had the salmon and I had the duck. The duck was without a doubt the best I had ever eaten. Liz Huff is an amazingly talented chef.

2  Thank Jeff D
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wow! You cannot imagine the fantastic meal you will enjoy at the hands of Chef Liz Huff. We talked to many visitors in town who raved about the great food at Catalpa, so we had to see for ourselves. It was way beyond expectations. We enjoyed the ambiance of the quaint old home, but really enjoyed meeting Liz and talking about her love of great food. Don't miss this place if you visit Arrow Rock or places nearby.

3  Thank Shelley H

Been to Catalpa? Share your experiences!