“My home away from home!”

Down Over Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arrow Rock
Down Over Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Arrow Rock B&B and Inns
“My home away from home!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This marked my 8th year making the trip to Arrow Rock for a great Missouri getaway. I always stay at the Down Over. Larry and Paula are wonderful hosts. Anything you need? Just ask. The Down Over is warm and welcoming; fresh cookies and coffee at the ready, cold water in the fridge, the most comfortable sheets you have ever slept on and a delicious breakfast. The front porch is waiting for you to sit and relax and visit on the swing or in a rocker. Just a quick walk down to the boardwalk, over to the Catalpa Restaurant (my favorite) and Lyceum Theatre, and to the Historical Center. I started bringing my book club there three years ago and now they are hooked too. I just can't say enough about it. I love the Down Over and I love Larry and Paula. I think you will too.

Room Tip: Just go on line and you can see what each of the rooms looks like. Pick the one that you like best...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cdanielsgraven

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

As frequent visitors to Arrow Rock and the Lyceum Theatre, we regard the Down Over as our home away from home. Paula and Larry are unfailingly gracious hosts, and they serve amazing breakfasts. We once stayed at the Down Over for a week and never ate the same breakfast twice. The Down Over is within walking distance of the Lyceum and Arrow Rock's shops and three excellent restaurants. We are especially fond of the Cottage and the Lewis and Clark room, but all the rooms are comfortable, home-like, and clean. We love sitting on the front porch, watching Arrow Rock's scarce traffic, and waving to passers-by, who invariably wave back, such is the friendly atmosphere in this jewel of a village.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ArkansasTraveler5
Stamford, CT
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the cottage, which was lovely and comfortable. The sheets were the best I have ever slept on. Not kidding. Breakfast was delicious. Larry and Paula are charming. The town is very interesting.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Betsyknit
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Paula and Larry were the sweetest folks and took wonderful care of us for two nights. Our accommodations in the cottage were comfortable, clean, and private. Our breakfasts were served at a beautifully set table and tasted delicious! I already made reservations for a return visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Shelley H
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We got to stay at Down Over while attending quilt camp in Arrow Rock. Rooms are superb and Paula's breakfasts are wonderful. Delightful historic town. Stayed in the Lewis and Clark king room. Wonderful hosts, we will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lydia L
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband, two friends, and I had the pleasure of staying at the Down Over Bed & Breakfast. The innkeepers are delightful and very welcoming! You truly feel welcomed into their home and feel like you are visiting wonderful relatives. The rooms are beautiful, quiet and so relaxing. Breakfasts were amazing! The common room was so nice and relaxing. We will definitely be back here!

Room Tip: We loved MIss Sadie's room!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer H
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I recently enjoyed a stay at this nice, clean B&B in historic Arrow Rock, MO. Although I knocked on the door a little late in the evening, I was welcomed and warmly accomodated. The room I had was clean. The bed was comfortable and I got good rest. The shower was a little tricky to get to work, but I was able to get clean. This is a small B&B, and I had the common area to myself that evening. There is free WIFI, free popcorn and the televison is in the common area.The common area is nicley furnished with various history books, pamplets and other local materials concerning this charming community. This was very important for a stay in this National Historic Registry town, as it was a crutial point in the early beginings of the Santa Fe Trail. Much of it is as it was build in the early to mid 1800s. I was doing some research about the Santa Fe Trail and the local information was useful and enlightening. Breakfast was good and very filling. The orange marmalade custard was a real treat. I very much enjoyed staying in Arrow Rock, and had the great pleasure of meeting and visiting with several residents there. They are eagar to help a traveler such as me to learn more about their town and its place in history.One terrific advocate for the town even took me to some cemetaries to see and study the grave markers of some of the people I was interested in. If you are in the area and have the time, you should go to Arrow Rock. You will be glad you did. There are several B&Bs there. You will not be disappointed if you stay at the Down Over B&B (Down the Missouri River, Over the Sant Fe Trail).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Comfort Inn Marshall Station
Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville
Holiday Inn Express Boonville
Iron Horse Hotel Bed & Breakfast

Been to Down Over Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!