“OK Stay”
Review of Super 8 Ava

Super 8 Ava
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ava
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed here while visiting the Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic House and Museum in nearby Mansfield. The check-in lady was very friendly, and our room was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, the ice and pop machines were broken due to an electric surge, with no idea of when/if they would be repaired/replaced. Not great during a heat wave! The motel was clean and very quiet, and the breakfast was adequate (continental). I'd stay here again if I were back in the area.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Ava

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I had rented a meeting room and two all night rooms. I thought the meeting room would be set up for us but to my surprise all the chairs, tables and podium were put in the room and left for me to set up. It was two rooms put together by a dividing wall. The ceilings were 2 very different heights which made it awkward for sound equipment. Don't let me forget about check-in. The woman at the desk had to check each room separately and there were people waiting behind us that understandably were loosing patients. The hotel was going to be full that night and they did not have extra people at the desk so that meant one woman to do all the individual check-in's. It was nerve racking and the owner stood outside and watched because he did not speak English. Getting back to the meeting room, it was hot and dirty. I asked for a vacuum to clean the carpet and I was handed a vacuum so I could do it myself! The woman had her biker boyfriend sitting behind the desk with her with their feet up playing games and watching TV. Lord knows I would not want any real help. I went to the room to sit down and rest after having to set up the room. The event was good but the temperature in the room was overbearingly HOT. Last but not at all least we could not take the carts to hall luggage onto the parking lot because of the giant curb outside the doors. There is only one way in and out but fortunately we were at the front near the desk. My thought is; when you check in, you are on your own so Good Luck.

Room Tip: Go to either Mansfield, Mo. or drive to Gainesville, MO. I know the Motels in Gainesville are better...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Basic and clean. Breakfast is a simple cereal and breads. No proteins (meats) and only bananas. Juices coffee and milk. But that's all I do at home most days. We had a ground floor king room and it was very good sized. Plenty of room for a rollaway. Air conditioner was great. The staff were amazing and friendly.
BE AWARE : the hotel does not have an elevator or a pool. But the town of Ava has a nice public pool with waterslide just down the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you cant do stairs. No elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We spent 2 nights and it was very clean and the layout was better than the Super 8 we stayed in West Plains, MO. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Slept well in the beds. Breakfast was your typical donuts, etc. There is a good breakfast place down the road called Larkins (large portions). One note, there's not many restaurants open on a Sunday evening in Ava. The clerk tried to help us find a place to eat by getting online, and calling for us, unfortunately, we were left with only fast food choices.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We've stayed here twice when visiting family in the area and it's much better than expected. Normally we like Marriotts or Hiltons but that's not an option in Ava. The rooms are clean and basic, the breakfast is sufficient (hot coffee, hot water/oatmeal, cereal, muffins, juice, fruit, etc.) and the staff is great! They brought us a little fridge when we requested it, as we were staying several days and wanted to keep drinks and snacks cold. AC worked perfectly in the July heat. The wifi is free, reliable and fast. There's lots of parking. And you get Wyndham points. There's absolutely nothing to complain about here, and plenty to praise. Visit the town square which has a couple of old antique stores and don't miss Ava Drug just off the main square where you can get 5 cents per scoop (as many as you want) ice cream cones/sundaes.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so stay on the ground floor if you don't want to drag you luggage up one fl...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank flyiad
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Ok - So I love reading reviews... So I thought it was time I finally write one! My husband and I were going on trip with some friends Rock Climbing, with 4x4's at SMORR Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch. We don't own a camper and I didn't want to sleep in the truck so I convinced the hubby to drive about 15 mins away to Ava MO. We typically stay at higher end motels - but this was near and it was only for 1 night. Lets just say the hote was VERY CLEAN and the staff was Great! We will be back!!! I just needed a clean bed and shower --- This was much nicer than expected --- Very Impressed - Thank you - The Meers Family - St Joseph MO

Room Tip: Very Clean - We will be back!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We received the requested "pet room" as we had to bring our cat. The room was clean and neat. Plenty of towels, paper goods, etc. Staff is very friendly and competent. Prices are very good. This is the only motel within 40 miles that is worth staying in. Nice coffee and breakfast selection in the morning, and everything is clean and works. This is our second stay and it won't be our last.
Texas

Room Tip: Just tell them what you need and they will do everything to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Been to Super 8 Ava? Share your experiences!