“Nice Facilities, Poor Front Desk Staff”

Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Anaconda
Houston, Texas
“Nice Facilities, Poor Front Desk Staff”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

First of all, this place is in no way related to the Fairmont Hotel chain. We arrived within 2 hours of making our reservation by phone. The front desk refused to honor the price we were quoted on the phone and went so far as to say that no such rate existed. After insisting that we speak to a supervisor, a sour faced, rude woman agreed that we might have been quoted that rate and gave us the room. The facilities are nice. Many families appeared to be staying there and there were many attractions for children such as a petting zoo, water slides, etc.
The hot springs pool was nice and the staff were very helpful at the pool. The food at the restaurant was edible, but the service was good. There is also a bar and a tiny casino (slots). My overall impression was that this place had a corner on the hotel market in the area and really didn't care whether you were happy or not. Next time I will go on to Butte or Missoula rather than stay in that area.

1 Thank BOC68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I recently stayed in suite #3 with a group of my girlfriends! The suite was very spacious and comfortable! We got a massage for one of our girlfriends and she absolutely loved it!! We ended up going out for a round of golf, the weather was great and we had a fun time! Both indoor and outdoor pools are sooo relaxing and cozy. The staff was all very friendly. I would highly recommend Fairmont for a fun little weekend getaway or just a fun nigt out!

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife made a reservation on their website. ( not a third party. THEIR website ) We were very pleased with the rate and were looking forward to our stay. ONE day before our scheduled visit, we received a "revised" reservation with a rate twice what we had confirmed. My wife called to find out the source of the confusion, and the woman was rude and refused to honor our original rate. We canceled. Unbelievable.

Stayed September 2013
5 Thank AAretired
Wellington, Colorado
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The staff was friendly, the golf course was great and the pools were relaxing. The room we stayed in was perfect - it included refrigerator and plenty of space to sleep everybody. I'll definitely be back again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MegL112013
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We spent two nights (after some quibbling with the managers) at this resort. I reserved on line, and they denied that the rate was correct and attempted to increase it by 50% at checkin. I showed them the confirmed reservation number on my smart phone, and they still refused to honor it. They finally agreed to honor it if I would print out the reservation on their computer (it took three computers and 45 minutes before they found one that worked.

Later we observed a lady at the front desk asking for a refund because the paper from the machine was three months old. The clerk rudely refused the refund.

While we were swimming in the hot spings the lifeguards were walking around the pool calling people to the edge to identify them and verify that they had pool privileges. Gulag 17 has nothing on this place.

This is not a cheap place to stay, none the less it is clear that all employees have been schooled that it's all about the money. Customer service is clearly a second place interest. I have never had such poor attitudes of customer service in a place of this caliber before. I would never return unless there is a change of management. My rating is based entirely on the service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rrsjd
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We love Fairmont! We've seen the many aesthetic changes to the property over the years. All the changes have been with the guest in mind. I've stayed a few times this past year. All the rooms have been updated for complete comfort and extremely clean. I feel like I'm at home! Jack at the front desk was superb and all the staff went out of their way for us. Lots of kids around but that is to be expected. The pool quiets down after 10 and is very enjoyable. It's so refreshing to sit by the pool with a drink and a good book. Opening the sliding glass doors to the mountain fresh air in the morning is just an added perk. The guys said the golf course was great and it was nice to have it all right in one place.

Room Tip: I love the rooms overlooking the petting zoo!
1 Thank Jenni M
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Both stays have been perfect! The entire staff that we had contact with was wonderful. We ate at the Cafe located in the hotel most of the trip and the waiters and waitresses were so kind and patient with our 2 children. I appreciate each one of them. This was our second time at Fairmont and we are already planning another trip! My kids love the indoor and outdoor pools, their huge slide was so fun. We loved playing miniature golf, playing at the park, seeing all the animals and eating at their great restaurants. I especially loved "me time" at the spa. One of our very favorite places to go as a family!

2 Thank Khristen N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaconda
Best Western Plus Butte Plaza Inn
#5 of 15 in Butte
Hickory House Inn
Hickory House Inn
#4 of 5 in Anaconda

Been to Fairmont Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!